I've cancelled lines and removed watches thru chat more than once.  Watch removed about 2 months ago, so unless they've changed something you can.
Because they want you to have to keep paying for your plan.  Unless you pay the phone off, you can't leave Verizon very easily. Pay it off with one of the many "zero" credit card offers that are out... Ver más...
Because they want you to have to keep paying for your plan.  Unless you pay the phone off, you can't leave Verizon very easily. Pay it off with one of the many "zero" credit card offers that are out there, if you have one, and then pay the CC off however much you want each month.
If the OP is in the Maryland/Virginia area, Pohanka is a group of automobile dealers
I hope you copied this letter to all carriers all over the world.  Do a search, everyone is taking the same steps although the timing varies over the next few years.  Do a search and if anyone is let... Ver más...
I hope you copied this letter to all carriers all over the world.  Do a search, everyone is taking the same steps although the timing varies over the next few years.  Do a search and if anyone is letting you activate your older 2g/3g non-VOLTE phone go ahead and switch.  But you'll be writing the same letter to them before long.  I can guarantee you Verizon knows exactly what it will cost them.  Just like they did when the big black things that sat on the table that you stuck your finger in and turned to dial a number were no more.  Technology changes.  Like it or not we need to adapt. I did a quick search and found plans for as low as $2-$3 per month depending on useage.  That's cheaper than you're paying now.  
If you have the log in information, just log in to the account.  Click "Account", then "Profile Settings".  It will tell you at the top of the page if you are the account owner.  Further down the pag... Ver más...
If you have the log in information, just log in to the account.  Click "Account", then "Profile Settings".  It will tell you at the top of the page if you are the account owner.  Further down the page you can see and/or set Managers, that is if you are in fact the Account Owner.  
Sorry, but there seems to be deeper issue here and that is responsibility.  My kids acting like that would not have any phone, much less a smart phone.
Apple charges $49 for the iPhone 7 https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/battery-power
I had the same thing happen with another service a few years ago.  I can assure you that Verizon is not the only company that handles things in this matter.  Disconinue their service and you are also... Ver más...
I had the same thing happen with another service a few years ago.  I can assure you that Verizon is not the only company that handles things in this matter.  Disconinue their service and you are also discontinuing anything they were furnishing you or you were paying for.  Remember, it's a way all companies use to keep you tied to them and not move elsewhere.  The more you have with them, the less likely you are to go elsewhere is what the theory is. Sorry I can't recommend how to get things back from Verizon Cloud unless they were also on your pc. I now make sure I have two automatic backups of everything, and they are on a local pc or one of the many "Cloud" services out there that work over multiple devices and services.  Many of them are no charge for some accounts depending on what you need. Don't put all your eggs in one basket as the old saying goes.
No such phone exists.
Maximum of 2 lines and be a resident of Florida
@vzw_customer_support wrote: Drewdrew84, whuch device are you needing a charger for? LauraL_VZW Hey Verizon, he's not looking for a charger !!
Dang shame that as of this posting, Verizon has chosen to leave off zip 28467/Brunswick County NC off of their free unlimited calling/text/data during Dorian.  Only coastal county that I can see in N... Ver más...
Dang shame that as of this posting, Verizon has chosen to leave off zip 28467/Brunswick County NC off of their free unlimited calling/text/data during Dorian.  Only coastal county that I can see in NC or SC without that coverage.  Even the local media/TV is reporting this fact.  Not good  and not appreciated.
Depending on where you are, the kiosk in Costco is probably owned and operated by "Wireless Advocates LLC", not Costco or Verizon.  In any event, Costco and Verizon won't be able to help you since yo... Ver más...
Depending on where you are, the kiosk in Costco is probably owned and operated by "Wireless Advocates LLC", not Costco or Verizon.  In any event, Costco and Verizon won't be able to help you since you didn't buy it from them.  Check your receipt/paperwork to see who you actually purchased it from.
There is no option for Apple Music Family Plan thru Verizon.  If you change to one of the unlimited plans that offers Apple Music, and you already have it, just don't sign up for the Apple Music subs... Ver más...
There is no option for Apple Music Family Plan thru Verizon.  If you change to one of the unlimited plans that offers Apple Music, and you already have it, just don't sign up for the Apple Music subscription thru Verizon.  You'll keep what you have.  You just won't be using one of the benefits of  the plan.  And no, Verizon won't cut your cost because you're not using it.  
If no icloud account is set up on the phone, then Find My Phone would not be active.  It takes an Apple ID and Password and thus an iCloud accout for Find My Phone to be active on a phone.
I was using my VPN this morning and attempted to log in to my Verizon account.  Notice came up that my account was locked and I needed to reset my password.   Turned off the VPN and proceeded to log ... Ver más...
I was using my VPN this morning and attempted to log in to my Verizon account.  Notice came up that my account was locked and I needed to reset my password.   Turned off the VPN and proceeded to log in as normal. Ok, I understand the "why".  However like most other accounts, I'm sent a pin to my phone for confirmation when the device or location is different.  Enter the pin and account is logged in as normal.  Verizon needs to add this feature.  It's a real pain to reset the password every time I want to log in to my account and am using my VPN.
That or Airplane Mode on and off.  Only way.
Yep.  In my location, I'm probably looking at 18-24 months before real 5G.  If I ordered a 5G capable device now, it would be almost 2 years old before it did me any good.
I don't know where you live, but my quess is that 5G is not going to be universally available for at least a year if not two.  All the major carriers are launching it in a couple of major metro areas... Ver más...
I don't know where you live, but my quess is that 5G is not going to be universally available for at least a year if not two.  All the major carriers are launching it in a couple of major metro areas just so they can advertise they have it.  Those of us who live work and travel in more rural areas of the country won't be seeing 5G for awhile. 
If I use the link "https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/" and then "Get it Now", I get a popup message that says one of the devices on my account is not compatible. If ... Ver más...
If I use the link "https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/" and then "Get it Now", I get a popup message that says one of the devices on my account is not compatible. If I try by going to the web page for Add-ons, I can select the free option, however I cannot select the Samsung S10 on line ending 01.  I can select the iPhone on line 00.   If I check the list of supported devices, both the Samsung S10 and the iPhone are supported devices. If I download the app from the Google store to my S10, the only option available is to subscribe for $2.99/month.