Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,675 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

iphone_lover's Posts

I might add that my wife's 32 GB iPhone 4 is in EXCELLENT condtion and has been kept in an Otterbox Defender since Day 1. Her iPhone 4 looks and works like Brand New.
AT&T has a Bring Your Own Device montly plan which would cost our family of 4 only $160 per month vs. $237 per month we are paying Verizon. The $237 per month plan includes discounted phones ever... See more...
AT&T has a Bring Your Own Device montly plan which would cost our family of 4 only $160 per month vs. $237 per month we are paying Verizon. The $237 per month plan includes discounted phones every 20 months, but since we don't need new phones that often, the montly savings for our family of 4 would be substantial to bring our own phones to Verizon.
This is a photo of the very flimsy envelope that Verizon Wireless provides to ship the iPhone which is being traded in to Verizon. There is very little Bubble Wrap inside this VERY FLIMSY TINY en... See more...
This is a photo of the very flimsy envelope that Verizon Wireless provides to ship the iPhone which is being traded in to Verizon. There is very little Bubble Wrap inside this VERY FLIMSY TINY envelope. No wonder iPhones are lost or being delivered broken to Verizon. I might re-consider taking part in this iPhone Trade-In program if a Verizon Customer Representative monitoring this board reaches out to a manager at my local Verizon Wireless Store in Trumbull, CT and allows me to bring in the iPhone for an immediate $200 credit since my wife has already bought the iPhone 6. With the flimsy envelope which has no tracking I am afraid of the consequences it will bring if I use it. I am not about to spend countless hours with Customer Reps on the phone if I use the envelope and I don't get the $200 credit because the phone gets damaged in the mail or lost by Verizon. This is Verizon's chance to reach out to me so they don't lose me as customer. Let them make the effort to allow me to do this rather than me having to get the run around thru phone calls, being put on hold, and unaswered emails. I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. For the last several years my family of 4 has been paying close to $250 per month for Verizon Wireless services. I am going to strongly consider switching to AT&T after our contracts expire. AT&T has a Bring Your Own Device montly plan which would cost us only $160 per month vs. $237 per month we are paying Verizon. This potential $77 per month savings and Verizon's iPhone Trade-In joke of a program is what will push us over the edge to switch.
I agree with most of your comments. What the Apple via the iPhone brings to the table is IOS updates which will work and fit like a glove. Often when Android comes up with a new update a phone ma... See more...
I agree with most of your comments. What the Apple via the iPhone brings to the table is IOS updates which will work and fit like a glove. Often when Android comes up with a new update a phone manufacturer doesn't allow updates right away, sometimes not for months or not at all. Then all of a sudden the phone or Apps that run on it start crashing.
Vett09, how did you get Verizon to give you the full $200? Did you speak to Customer Service via email or on the telephone? It will be good to know how you got this resolved so others can follow ... See more...
Vett09, how did you get Verizon to give you the full $200? Did you speak to Customer Service via email or on the telephone? It will be good to know how you got this resolved so others can follow your lead!
With all do respect buy a quality iPhone next time. IOS has problems ocassionally but is fixed very quickly. There is something to be said of a phone manufacturer controlling both the hardware an... See more...
With all do respect buy a quality iPhone next time. IOS has problems ocassionally but is fixed very quickly. There is something to be said of a phone manufacturer controlling both the hardware and software. I have thought about buying an Android phone in the past but too many worries about phone manufacturers not working with Android thus creating crapware. Don't have to worrry about bloatware either! Apple would never allow a mobile cell company to put bloatware on the iPhone. Navigator anyone?
On September 28, 2014 I ordered an iPhone 6 for my wife and signed up for the iPhone 6 Trade-In Promotion. My wife's iPhone 4 was "appraised" for $200 online and Verizon mailed the extremely flim... See more...
On September 28, 2014 I ordered an iPhone 6 for my wife and signed up for the iPhone 6 Trade-In Promotion. My wife's iPhone 4 was "appraised" for $200 online and Verizon mailed the extremely flimsy tiny envelope for my wife to mail her iPhone 4 to Verizon for her  "$200" Electronic Gift Card. First of all, the tiny little envelope is so flimsy and contains very little bubble wrap. It offers very little protection and I can easily see the screen breaking during the mailing process when it is such a poor envelope. In addition, there is no tracking information whatsoever on the envelope. If the iPhone 4 gets lost or broken, adios $200. My wife's iPhone 4 is in Excellent Pristine condition but I am very hesitant for my wife to take part in this program because of all of the horror stories I have been reading on the Verizon forums (please see links attached below) or on the internet. People who took part in the program are reporting of lost or broken phones but they were in perfect condtion when they were mailed. Furthermore, there are stories of "Find My Phone" not being turned off even when people have photos of the process. People have even taken photos or videos of the condition of their phone upon mailing to Verizon but this doesn't seem to help. At this point I am probably going to try to sell my wife's iPhone 4 on eBay because we can't take the risk of getting $20 or less instead of the $200. I am surprised more of these stories haven't gotten to the mainstream press. It would be good if some news station like CBS or NBC would cover the mounting complaints. I am thinking of writing an email to some head honcho at Verizon and venting my concern to tell him why us 20+ year Verizon customers probably won't take part in the program.
My nightmare is worse than yours. Read my post.
Yes, I am in the same boat. I guess Verizon Wireless really values my business....Excellent Credit Score and LONG time customer who pays on time. The question begs what do they think of someone w... See more...
Yes, I am in the same boat. I guess Verizon Wireless really values my business....Excellent Credit Score and LONG time customer who pays on time. The question begs what do they think of someone with a low FICO score?
Or you can buy a Nano SIM card from another company and it will be cheaper. Try onesimcard.com. I bought one for my daughter when she traveled overseas.
Unfortunately it's probably in the same place that the one I ordered for my son is. Read my nightmare post.
At least 3 times I have tried to order a Space Grey 16 GB iPhone 5S  for my son at the discounted price and the order has gotten cancelled.  The 1st time I ordered the iPhone I cancelled it becau... See more...
At least 3 times I have tried to order a Space Grey 16 GB iPhone 5S  for my son at the discounted price and the order has gotten cancelled.  The 1st time I ordered the iPhone I cancelled it because Verizon's  system software totally screwed up and ignored my son's name (attention  field on online form) and just put his college name without the  ATTENTION TO: field filled in. After talking to an  customer service rep on the phone I ordered it again but it got  cancelled by the Fraud Dept. I haven't gotten an answer why other than I  surmise it's because there was a another glitch in the Verizon system  (more software problems - read about on the web) where the system  allowed my son to keep his unlimited plan even though he was upgrading  at a discounted price. Maybe they cancelled the 2nd order for this  reason but they would never tell me. The 3rd time it  got cancelled  because Verizon told me it was because the iphone was on  backorder for a long time and after a certain amount of time my order (3  weeks) automatically got cancelled by the system. HELLO!!!! Cancelled  after a period of time because it was backordered?!?! What kind of  software system do you have Verizon? I ordered it for a  final 4th time because I thought the problem might be trying it to ship  to my son's college address rather than home (account holder address)   so tried to ship it home and again got an email from the Fraud dept. I  spoke to someone at Verizon and they assured me this time the order  wouldn't get cancelled this time. LOL. I will hold my breath. If it gets  cancelled this time I am giving up and buying it at the Apple store,  and when my family's 4 phones are off contract I am seriously thinking  about switching to Page One. You don't know how many hours I spent with  Verizon Customer Service reps. on the phone. You would think they would  offer me some kind of compensation. And by the way, my FICO score is  excellent and close to 800 and I always pay my Verizon Wireless bill on  time and I am a long time excellent customer. I am a computer programmer and I  know software flaws in a system when I see them and a spinkle of some customer  rep. incompetence . I guess you can tell I am upset It's been a utter nightmare.