Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,044 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

karrielm's Posts

I also contacted Samsung via the computer.  My phone was purchased in March, they asked me to send in my phone, I sent it in on a Tuesday, had it back the next Tuesday.  I don't know what they di... See more...
I also contacted Samsung via the computer.  My phone was purchased in March, they asked me to send in my phone, I sent it in on a Tuesday, had it back the next Tuesday.  I don't know what they did, all the paperwork says is "replaced component".  I have been using it for a week, with only two text fails.  Compared to the 50 to 80% text fails daily prior to sending it in, I'm pretty happy.
Graftyman, yes, I am running on 4.4.2. I was very specific with Samsung, even going so far as printing out the entire conversation I had with their tech on the computer and wrapping it around... See more...
Graftyman, yes, I am running on 4.4.2. I was very specific with Samsung, even going so far as printing out the entire conversation I had with their tech on the computer and wrapping it around my phone...I had enough run around with Verizon and didn't want to experience any more. Samsung, wasn't so specific with me though, all my paper work said was "REPLACED COMPONENT - PASSED ALL FUNCTIONAL TESTING" Fingers are still crossed, I haven't had one failed text yet! 
Over 50% of my texts failing, and on some days it was up to 80%.  I was also having issues with calls...they would go straight to my voicemail, never ringing and not showing up on the call log.  ... See more...
Over 50% of my texts failing, and on some days it was up to 80%.  I was also having issues with calls...they would go straight to my voicemail, never ringing and not showing up on the call log.  After over a month on the phone with Verizon, doing a hard reset, replacing the sim card, deleting apps, using Verizon message, etc....I filed a complaint with BBB.  Someone from Corporate contacted me and offered me a different phone, that was refurbished.  I only purchased this phone in March, so no way was I taking that deal. I decided to contact Samsung, after spending an hour on the computer with a tech.  I decided to send them my phone, having felt that I was not getting any support from Verizon.  I heard horror stories that it would take a month to get my phone back, but really, it was useless as it was, so it was the best thing for me to try to fix the issue. I mailed the phone out on a Tuesday, and got MY phone back the next Tuesday (I actually took pictures of the serial number and such).  After activating it, it was determined that I still have the kit kat update on it.  But in the last 24 hours, I haven't had one text fail yet.  I have received all calls made to me (nothing is hiding in my voicemail).  I don't know if it is a different update through Samsung then through Verizon, but it seems to have fixed my phone.  I'll keep you posted.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, Verizon's response to this complaint was to admit yes there is a problem and offer me a refurbished HTC1.  I just spent 1 and 1/2 hours with Samsung, who denies ... See more...
I filed a complaint with the BBB, Verizon's response to this complaint was to admit yes there is a problem and offer me a refurbished HTC1.  I just spent 1 and 1/2 hours with Samsung, who denies hearing of such a problem, who's response is that I have to send my phone into them for diagnosis.  I don't like either one of these offers.  Why would I want a refurbished phone first off?  I only bought this phone in March.  And I didn't buy a HTC1.  And if Samsung isn't even admitting to an issue, what good is it to send in my phone?
Dear Verizon, I took your advise, went to a corporate store last night, where I got a brand new sim card installed!  So far today, I have had 1/4 of the texts I send fail.  What should I do no... See more...
Dear Verizon, I took your advise, went to a corporate store last night, where I got a brand new sim card installed!  So far today, I have had 1/4 of the texts I send fail.  What should I do now?
Well, that was last week.  Today when I called the technician denied that there was even a problem.  I was advised that there were no alerts regarding this issue, and she even called Samsung, who... See more...
Well, that was last week.  Today when I called the technician denied that there was even a problem.  I was advised that there were no alerts regarding this issue, and she even called Samsung, who also denied that there have been complaints.  I purchased two phones at the same time in March, both worked perfectly until the update.  Now one phone has failed texts, one phone's battery needs charging 3 times a day, and both phones don't receive all calls, it just goes straight to voice mail.  So I guess one of the 4 technicians I spoke with last week had it wrong, there is no fix because we really aren't having a problem.
Hello Verizon! I would absolutely love for you to fix this messaging issue for me. I have done a hard reset, texts fail still, checked my phone in safe mode, texts fail still, told by Veri... See more...
Hello Verizon! I would absolutely love for you to fix this messaging issue for me. I have done a hard reset, texts fail still, checked my phone in safe mode, texts fail still, told by Verizon to download and use Verizon Message,...none of the prior "fixes" have fixed the failed texts. This isn't even addressing the number of calls I don't receive anymore.  They just go straight to voicemail, nothing on the call logs.  Just like I never received a call. Even happened while a level 2 technician was calling me to test it. I find it crazy that the amount of money spent on the phone, and the amount of money that I spend monthly to Verizon, that I have to restart my phone whenever I want to send a text.  Or that I should have to disable WiFi to send a message...so I have to remember to turn off and on the WiFi when I want to text?  I got this phone in March and never had an issue until the software update. 
Count me in Missmeggymegs!  I just spent an hour being told that there are no known problems with texting!  Even after calling over 7 times.  The tech told me, they don't really look at these boa... See more...
Count me in Missmeggymegs!  I just spent an hour being told that there are no known problems with texting!  Even after calling over 7 times.  The tech told me, they don't really look at these boards because it cannot be verified.
They haven't been going through since the update occurred. This has been an ongoing problem with texts failing and calls not ringing.  It just became a MAJOR issue when there was an emergency. ... See more...
They haven't been going through since the update occurred. This has been an ongoing problem with texts failing and calls not ringing.  It just became a MAJOR issue when there was an emergency. I am still speaking with Verizon, and was just advised that Samsung also denies that there is a problem, and therefore no fix is in sight.
So last night the building next to where my daughter was had a bomb threat...I received one text from my daughter advising me of this, and for the next ten minutes, I cannot get ahold of her beca... See more...
So last night the building next to where my daughter was had a bomb threat...I received one text from my daughter advising me of this, and for the next ten minutes, I cannot get ahold of her because every text failed and when I called her, the call rang and rang and then went straight to her voicemail.  When I finally got to see her, her call log showed absolutely no calls from me.  This is UNACCEPTABLE Verizon.  I am paying you for NOTHING! I have 7 plus calls into your level 2 techs.  Each and every call I have to explain over and over the problems I am having with the phone, because they say that there is no problem with the network delivering the texts I send.  Yes, I know this, the problem is that there is a delay from my phone to the network, the text gets hung up, and then fails.  I am on hold right now with yet another tech.  One that has advised me that she checked the Verizon alerts for the Samsung Galaxy 4S and there is NO KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH TEXTING.  Are you kidding me?  I advised her of the numerous discussions on this page, again, no knowledge of the issues. I AM FED UP VERIZON.  I understand that the software didn't come from you, but you are the carrier of my service, and therefore you need to at least acknowledge that there is an issue!
Well, after 8 phone calls to them, I was told I just had to wait until another update came out.  Which could be 6-8 weeks out, or longer.  Good Luck.
I am not really sure how posting a picture of a bunch of blacked out text messages that FAILED violated Verizon's terms of service.  It is showing the problem that I am having with the phone, not... See more...
I am not really sure how posting a picture of a bunch of blacked out text messages that FAILED violated Verizon's terms of service.  It is showing the problem that I am having with the phone, not sweeping it under the rug, and pretending that it isn't happening.  Can you advise Verizon??@VZWSupport
Image removed as required by For text failing....after 7 phone calls to Verizon, each lasting at least an hour, troubleshooting of the phone, a hard reset, ticket being submitted, being told ... See more...
Image removed as required by For text failing....after 7 phone calls to Verizon, each lasting at least an hour, troubleshooting of the phone, a hard reset, ticket being submitted, being told to use Verizon Messages, I was told last week that I would just have to wait until an update came out fixing what the last update did.  Starting 3 days ago, now my phone only receives 1/2 of the calls.  Sometimes it will ring, other times - straight to voice mail...back on the phone with Verizon.  More troubleshooting, reset sent to the phone, tech calls me, it goes through...must mean its fixed.  These texts were sent starting 30 seconds after hanging up with Verizon...notice the only one that didn't fail??  ha ha.  Oh, and the phone calls being fixed??  Verizon automated follow up call??  Straight to voice mail.  Would love to actually receive the service that I am paying for!! Message was edited by: Admin Moderator