Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,473 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

aarontsuru's Posts

As has been noted on the forums, when you have your phone's network mode set for LTE/CDMA and you lose service (for example when underground on the subway here in New York City), you will get a p... See more...
As has been noted on the forums, when you have your phone's network mode set for LTE/CDMA and you lose service (for example when underground on the subway here in New York City), you will get a pop-up asking you to set your network to Global. If you say cancel, you'll get the pop-up over and over again.  It's a significant nuisance for people who regularly lose service like me.  The solve is to accept the pop-up and set your network to Global, but unfortunately, that creates a different issue.  You see, the problem I have is if I keep my network on Global, I'm more prone to lose LTE in New York City and get stuck in 3G. When this happens I need to reboot the phone to get back to LTE. Doing research online and through my own experience, I found that the solve was to choose LTE/CDMA in the network settings, but whenever I'm in the subway, here come the Global Network pop-ups again!  Both issues have shown up in various forums, support rooms, etc, all over the internet, but I have yet to find a total solution. It's either keep it on Global Mode and deal with losing LTE periodically or go to LTE/CDMA mode and remember to go to Airplane mode in the subway.  Joy.  My brother-in-law & wife both have iPhone5s on Verizon and had the same "stuck in 3G" issue in NYC, turning off international mode fixed their issue, but they don't have pop-ups in the subway, of course, that's a "helpful" Samsung add-on.  So there you go. It's unfortunate. I'm really happy with the phone otherwise...  Do you have a solution?