Thank you, Elector, for your reply. I intend to file for much more than arbitration or small claims. My attorney usually does federal cases, but will do state as well.
I've had customer service issues as well. Perhaps you could begin with the BBB, but I have no idea it would help. However, if you can find an attorney that is willing to challenge Verizon and the... Ver más...
I've had customer service issues as well. Perhaps you could begin with the BBB, but I have no idea it would help. However, if you can find an attorney that is willing to challenge Verizon and their policies, it could be to your benefit. I have recently employed an attorney as well to take it to court, even though they have a "no jury trial" statement in the fine print. Good luck.
He didn't say he expected a special because of his years of service with Verizon, but a special meaning any promotions to reduce his bill. You are taking it out of context because you think you g... Ver más...
He didn't say he expected a special because of his years of service with Verizon, but a special meaning any promotions to reduce his bill. You are taking it out of context because you think you get such perfect service. Good for you if you do. There's nothing wrong with asking. Perhaps if you weren't so arrogant to ask you might get a discount. In fact, I've had some poor customer service as well with no help except to be harassed. I have employed legal counsel.
I agree their customer service lacks from what it was when I originally subscribed. Having difficulties with my income has made them much worse, although I have remained in contact with them. En... Ver más...
I agree their customer service lacks from what it was when I originally subscribed. Having difficulties with my income has made them much worse, although I have remained in contact with them. In response, they have made it more difficult to pay. I have recently employed a legal firm and will be filing suit in the coming days. It's funny they have in the service agreement not to go to jury trial! Good luck Deb with the BBB, but I expect Verizon in their arrogance will think it's a joke. Perhaps a legal complaint would get their attention.