Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,165 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Japhasca's Posts

Hi! Thanks for the response. I've tried these things, I've also called customer service and they tried to re-sync my phone to teh network but it didn't work. The consensus now seems to be tha... See more...
Hi! Thanks for the response. I've tried these things, I've also called customer service and they tried to re-sync my phone to teh network but it didn't work. The consensus now seems to be that I need a new SIM card.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have never had a problem before staying in 4G LTE mode. For several days now however, it has only topped out in 3G and even drops to 1x frequently. I have updated... See more...
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have never had a problem before staying in 4G LTE mode. For several days now however, it has only topped out in 3G and even drops to 1x frequently. I have updated everything, and tried both soft and hard resets. I have tried a device health check and it shows no problems in connectivity, I have tried the settings explained here (it was defaulted to the top one): https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97665/ The first two settings will connect to 3G, the bottom won't connect to anything. I'm out of suggestions I've found online. Any idea what to try next?
I plugged in my Galaxy S5 to my computer to transfer some pictures and I got prompted to update. At 66%, it said it was disconnected (it wasn't) and I needed to run the repair utility. I did that... See more...
I plugged in my Galaxy S5 to my computer to transfer some pictures and I got prompted to update. At 66%, it said it was disconnected (it wasn't) and I needed to run the repair utility. I did that, and at 83% it said it was disconnected again and told me to try again. I did some searching and found people had the same problem (and at the same percentages) with other, earlier model Galaxy's, so I tried some of their fixes: *Plugged USB into back, motherboard slots. Repair still stopped at 83% and told me to try again. *Removed battery, restarted. Tried again, currently at 5% and taking forever. What's going on here? This is absurd. I shouldn't have to worry about losing my data or bricking my phone during an update, and apparently this problem has been around since at least the S4.
As the Revolution has already passed the high point of its life cycle, this discussion is pretty much moot, but I felt I should chime in with my thoughts on the phone, and LG phones in general. ... See more...
As the Revolution has already passed the high point of its life cycle, this discussion is pretty much moot, but I felt I should chime in with my thoughts on the phone, and LG phones in general. First off, let me say that I am not an LG hater. My household has three LG HDTVs and one PC monitor. All function excellently, and three of these products are well over a year old. (My LG blu-ray player, however, has issues, being non-online and has not, after months of usage, been issued updates to fix issues that more expensive, wireless models have.) This is my third LG phone. My Envy worked great--my Voyager, not so much. It turned off at random and would not save user settings, such as background images. I had a couple friends with the Dare and they spoke of the same issues. Still, the Revolution won me over. I can say, after two crappy LG phones, I will not be using their phones ever again. My experience with the Revolution has done nothing but degrade since I purchased it. It's honestly hard to say what's ultimately at fault--the phone, the Android operating system, the apps--but there are some key points that I am relatively sure are the phone's fault. The first issue is bloatware. The phone does not have much RAM to begin with--I'm guessing 256 M or possibly far less. Among my active apps, right now, as I type, are: Weather Google Play Store Google+ Tunewiki Slacker Email None of which I have used since the last time I reset my phone. This is fairly standard. At any given time, almost half my phone's memory is taken up by apps I have never used, that do not seem to provide any sort of usefulness. I have an appkiller, and within minutes of using it (and doing nothing else,) most will load themselves back into memory. I have removed all of my widgets, but that didn't fix the problem with any of the apps (though I think it did free up some space.) As a result, everything this phone does is laggy, and apps I actually want to use will often close back to the home screen for no perceivable reason. It often takes several tries to unlock my phone, as it easily loses track of my finger movements and resets the lock. Firefox rarely works properly, taking literal minutes to register my key presses in the search fields. I would download Chrome, as I assume it is optimized for Android, but my phone would no longer update starting months ago (except for one random update from Android 2.3.4 to 2.3.6) and the version of Chrome on the Play Store will not work on my version of Android. The text message service provided on the phone will not update if I receive a text from someone while that thread is currently visible. I have to back out to the main text screen and go back in to see the text. Phone calls, the ONE thing a PHONE should be able to do flawlessly, can take over 15 seconds to even start ringing. I live in the Metro Detroit area and almost never fall below 4G. This is almost certainly a phone issue, not a connectivity issue. Swiping side to side on the home screen is also jarringly laggy to the point where sometimes the phone doesn't even register my movements. I could go on and on, but let me summarize: this is a crappy phone, well underpowered for the things it is supposed to do, and update support dried up mere months after its release. It's a Revolution all right--a revolution in who I will be purchasing my phones from in the future, because it sure won't be LG.