Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,575 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

my73dollys's Posts

There was a link to the FCC on this discussion board. I clicked on it & reported Verizon regarding my excessive data use charges.I am using the I Phone 5 and also using Verizons Jetpack to conn... See more...
There was a link to the FCC on this discussion board. I clicked on it & reported Verizon regarding my excessive data use charges.I am using the I Phone 5 and also using Verizons Jetpack to connect to the internet. Good Luck finding the cause of the excessive data usage.
Thank you for that information. * I will try & turn off the 4GLyte & see if that helps reduce data usage.*
I haven't heard of any software update to fix the problem. If you have, please let me know.
Beanerwake: I agree that Verizon doesn't think there are enough people having the problem with high data usage. I still can not use my IPHONE as it was meant to be used or else it will use up a... See more...
Beanerwake: I agree that Verizon doesn't think there are enough people having the problem with high data usage. I still can not use my IPHONE as it was meant to be used or else it will use up all my data extremely fast. I would need to leave my JET PACK turned on at all times in order to have the WIFI on my phone turned on. Then I would use up all my data in a few days & I would have none left to use when I am on my computer. I guess Verizon wants us to pay for a JET PACK, ALSO INTERNET AND PHONE. In order to use my phone internet when I am out, I have to turn data on & that uses huge amounts of data on your plan. Can't believe that Verizon will not help us with a solution to the extreme data usage
I agree. I paid $185 for my phone & jetpack for 1 line a few months ago. Now I use my phone like a regular cell phone with everything turned off all the time to keep my data usage down. Since I... See more...
I agree. I paid $185 for my phone & jetpack for 1 line a few months ago. Now I use my phone like a regular cell phone with everything turned off all the time to keep my data usage down. Since I have another 1 1/2 years to go on my contract, I am really stuck & unhappy with Verizon & will change to an unlimited data plan with another carrier as soon as I'm able. Verizon will be losing many customers because of this issue, I'm sure. On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Sorrycompany
I just purchased my I-Phone 5 in April along with the Jet Pack. I don't upload music or play videos. All I do is web search on my computer. I too believe it is something wrong with the I-Phone ... See more...
I just purchased my I-Phone 5 in April along with the Jet Pack. I don't upload music or play videos. All I do is web search on my computer. I too believe it is something wrong with the I-Phone 5 because I have to keep my CELLULAR, WIFI, JET PACK all turned off now in order to not go over my data limit which I have had to increase 2x since getting the phone in April. I do know that the (Apple or Windows) update in Oct or NOV added a huge amount of data to my bill. The only time I turn my cellular on is when I am away & need to check the only 2 apps I have. I have to use my phone as just a cell phone 95% of the time . I learned how to close my open applications on the phone from a friend (no thanks to store personnel). I still have 1 1/2 years to go on my contract but will change carriers to one with unlimited data (That is, if I can even afford to have a smart phone by then) after paying outrageous bills to Verizon for 2 years. A class action suit would certainly be appropriate seeing all of us users having the same problem with overages on data.
Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service. For instructions on how to Direct Message, please visit How to: Direct Message Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Same thing is happening to me. How can Verizon expect us to pay these excessive bills, when that is not what we signed up for.
I'm also having excessive data usage & at least 90% of it is coming from my computer on Verizon Jet Pack, not from my IPHONE5.This has only happened for the last 2 months. Wish Verizon would get ... See more...
I'm also having excessive data usage & at least 90% of it is coming from my computer on Verizon Jet Pack, not from my IPHONE5.This has only happened for the last 2 months. Wish Verizon would get to the bottom of this as I am not the only person experiencing this.
Hello, I did the recent IPhone update on 10-14-2013, then had to purchase a new laptop approx 10-25-2013 & there were updates on it done. I just went to Settings & deleted some of the cellular ... See more...
Hello, I did the recent IPhone update on 10-14-2013, then had to purchase a new laptop approx 10-25-2013 & there were updates on it done. I just went to Settings & deleted some of the cellular applications that were turned on as you suggested, so I will keep an eye on my Jet Pack to see if that slows down any of the data usage. On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
I hope this problem gets fixed soon regarding excessive data use. I have to turn off Cellular & WIFi on my IPhone 5 when I am using my laptop with my Jet Pack. I wasn't told this when I purchased... See more...
I hope this problem gets fixed soon regarding excessive data use. I have to turn off Cellular & WIFi on my IPhone 5 when I am using my laptop with my Jet Pack. I wasn't told this when I purchased my IPHONE & Jet Pack at the same time. Then when I'm done on my laptop I turn my Cellular & WiFi back on. This is crazy. I don't have to turn off my TV or Landline Phone when I've used it a lot. Jet Pack is convenient for use away from home but it uses all your data from your IPHONE & Laptop if you have Cellular & WiFi turned on your phone. At least this is my observation. Please VERIZON, get it fixed. This isn't Obamacare I hope.
Hello, I purchased the IPhone5 & the Jet Pack at the same time last April. I had never had a smart phone OR Jet Pack before. The data usage was fine for about 4 or 5 months but then started us... See more...
Hello, I purchased the IPhone5 & the Jet Pack at the same time last April. I had never had a smart phone OR Jet Pack before. The data usage was fine for about 4 or 5 months but then started using all this date in October & still is using too much. I did purchase a new computer last month but that shouldn't have caused me to use more data, especially since lots of other Verizon users are complaining about the same issue. I only have 2 applications on my phone & have never watched videos or movies or downloaded music to my phone. I use my computer for most all of my web surfing. I did the recent update on my IPhone in October which was suggested. Could that new update have been the cause? Please try & get to the bottom of this ASAP. On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
I also am being charged for excessive date use. Had been using 2-4 GB since getting the Jet Pack MiFi. Now being charged with 8 GB for the last several weeks. Something needs to be researched @ V... See more...
I also am being charged for excessive date use. Had been using 2-4 GB since getting the Jet Pack MiFi. Now being charged with 8 GB for the last several weeks. Something needs to be researched @ Verizon regarding what is causing these extreme data usage. I do not have any other internet service & the only 2 items I am connecting to are an IPhone5 & my laptop computer.
I am currently on the Share Everything Plan that I have upgraded to 8 GB where before I was only using just under 4 GB.. Both my IPhone5 & my Jet Pack are on that plan. Still wondering why I am u... See more...
I am currently on the Share Everything Plan that I have upgraded to 8 GB where before I was only using just under 4 GB.. Both my IPhone5 & my Jet Pack are on that plan. Still wondering why I am using so much more Data in Sept/Oct than I did for the previous 4 months. I have WiFi turned on my Phone. If my setting were wrong, I need to know so that I can eliminate all the data usage. Thanks
I too have been charged excessive data charges for the last 2 months. Last month I added 2 more GB & now this month I have gone over that total of 8GB. Should I keep the WIFI turned on on my IPHO... See more...
I too have been charged excessive data charges for the last 2 months. Last month I added 2 more GB & now this month I have gone over that total of 8GB. Should I keep the WIFI turned on on my IPHONE5 ? Could that be the cause of the overage? I am using the JETPACK for my internet. This is all new to me & I certainly can not afford a bill of this size. Also I am now using  the Jet Pack in Florida & not in Ohio. I changed my location on my account a few days ago. Hopefully you can help me figure out what is causing such a large amount of data  being used on my account. Thanks