Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,595 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

harvardale's Posts

Wow, you are just abounding with humility.
I certainly hope you do not work for Verizon, pherson.  Your motto seems to be "Verizon can do whatever they want, any fault lies with the customer." I pay $2,352 a year on Verizon's service, ... See more...
I certainly hope you do not work for Verizon, pherson.  Your motto seems to be "Verizon can do whatever they want, any fault lies with the customer." I pay $2,352 a year on Verizon's service, their 'prerogative' shouldn't be to break promises, blame slow network speeds on congestion, and put their own interests over their customers'.  Verizon is about control and always has been.  They constantly trap their customers by demanding carrier specific phones (most newer phones have chips that support CDMA/GSM/LTE all in one), locking down their network (Nexus 7 LTE), and not future-proofing their networks (i.e. the now slow LTE).  I am not debating that AT&T is a better company, but the reason their service is more attractive than Verizon's is because their GSM and LTE networks are open (your device doesn't need to be 'certified' to run on their network) and they have always been focused on keeping their networks fast (as I stated before, in my area their HSPA+ 3G network is faster than Verizon's LTE network).
I am fully aware, voice and text travel through the CDMA network.
As I said before, Verizon's practice of 'following the crowd' just isn't a good excuse. 
It's not a hidden fee if it is out in the open, the current way means there is no such thing as a free phone.  The G2 may be on sale for $0 with a coupon, but it is actually $30+tax when you chec... See more...
It's not a hidden fee if it is out in the open, the current way means there is no such thing as a free phone.  The G2 may be on sale for $0 with a coupon, but it is actually $30+tax when you checkout. All of my points are completely valid, you are like the typical large corporation these days telling their customers they are wrong.  1. Verizon works with LG, Samsung, etc., not Google.  Verizon chose not to support the new Nexus 5 phone because it gets updates directly from Google.  Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile all support the phone. 2. Verizon advertised quick updates for the Galaxy Nexus when it came out, at one point it took Verizon 6 months to release a new version of Android.  Hardly quick to me. 3. The HTC One came out MONTHS after it was available for all other carriers in the US.  Then, they charged a full $199 for it even after other carriers had already discounted it, this is a typical Verizon practice. 4. Verizon is the highest priced carrier, this is a fact. 5. When LTE was first released I was getting 10-20 mbps down, now I consistently get 1-3 mbps down.  Verizon's LTE, in many areas, is slower than AT&T's HSPA+ 3g service.
I would disagree that Verizon has the best network.  Yes, they may have the best x1 service, but they don't have the best data service anymore.  Over the past year, I have experienced a higher nu... See more...
I would disagree that Verizon has the best network.  Yes, they may have the best x1 service, but they don't have the best data service anymore.  Over the past year, I have experienced a higher number of dropped calls, longer texting times, and slower LTE speeds (slower than AT&T or T-Mobile 3g speeds).  What is the point of the vast LTE coverage if it is only slightly faster than 3g?  A good friend of mine who has AT&T has seen a significant jump in network/service quality over the past few years.
I am about to switch to AT&T.  Verizon only cares about money these days. Poor phone selections, highest priced network in the US, horribly slow phone updates, hidden fees, slow LTE speeds, unwil... See more...
I am about to switch to AT&T.  Verizon only cares about money these days. Poor phone selections, highest priced network in the US, horribly slow phone updates, hidden fees, slow LTE speeds, unwillingness to work with Google - these are just some of the reasons I am jumping ship.
I agree with this.  Verizon shows 4g LTE blanketing the area here in Columbus, OH, however I am consistently dropping 4g data while in these areas.  LTE is currently a joke as I usually only get ... See more...
I agree with this.  Verizon shows 4g LTE blanketing the area here in Columbus, OH, however I am consistently dropping 4g data while in these areas.  LTE is currently a joke as I usually only get somewhere between 1-3mbps download when I can pick it up.
Verizon is the most expensive service out there.  If you want to be successful as a business long-term, you don't add an upgrade fee just because everyone else is doing it.  Look at T-Mobile, the... See more...
Verizon is the most expensive service out there.  If you want to be successful as a business long-term, you don't add an upgrade fee just because everyone else is doing it.  Look at T-Mobile, they have changed their business plan by thinking outside of the box, and they are growing because of it.  Verizon will struggle in the long run by just following the crowd.  I agree that you shouldn't  charge loyal customers a $30 upgrade fee, I would rather them just add it to the cost of the device itself rather than hide fees to make easy money.
I agree.  This service is not worth the huge price.  Slow speeds, bad customer service, bad selection of phones, horribly slow phone updates.  I am about the go to AT&T where I can get the same p... See more...
I agree.  This service is not worth the huge price.  Slow speeds, bad customer service, bad selection of phones, horribly slow phone updates.  I am about the go to AT&T where I can get the same plan for $16 less a month with better service quality.
Been experiencing the same issues in Columbus, OH, you are not alone.  AT&T or T-Mobile 3g would be faster than Verizon's LTE right now.
Hi Arnett, I have not intiated a port yet.  I was just looking for a way to port my number without closing/cancelling the line (i.e. port out my phone number, and keep the line with a differen... See more...
Hi Arnett, I have not intiated a port yet.  I was just looking for a way to port my number without closing/cancelling the line (i.e. port out my phone number, and keep the line with a different phone number).
I have been experiencing consistent slow speeds in the Central Ohio area lately.  It is very frustrating as often the speeds are slower than AT&T & T-Mobile's 3g networks.  Yes, I have reset my p... See more...
I have been experiencing consistent slow speeds in the Central Ohio area lately.  It is very frustrating as often the speeds are slower than AT&T & T-Mobile's 3g networks.  Yes, I have reset my phone's SIM card many times.  Yes, this is the typical speed I experience.  Specifically, I am currently in 43219 and have also experienced slow speeds in 43081, 43054, 43021 and other zip codes as well.
Is it possible to port a number AFTER I have requested a new number on that line?  Or once I request a number change do I lose control of the original number? I am looking for an alternative m... See more...
Is it possible to port a number AFTER I have requested a new number on that line?  Or once I request a number change do I lose control of the original number? I am looking for an alternative method to port my number without cancelling the service or contract.  I cannot port my current number to Google Voice.