Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,949 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

dfizzo's Posts

Faster? At this point I'd settle for USEFUL. True it's gotten better in the last month but it's still often better for me to switch my phone to 3G only to get useful speeds. I'm happy they've a... See more...
Faster? At this point I'd settle for USEFUL. True it's gotten better in the last month but it's still often better for me to switch my phone to 3G only to get useful speeds. I'm happy they've acknowledged the problem and are working to fix it (we'll see if they actually do fix it). But that doesn't change the fact that for a long time we were constantly being asked about our individual devices or specific locations (inside a building, surrounded by tall buildings) with nary a mention of there being generalized network problems in major metro areas. This shows there was an attempt by Verizon to bury the idea that they were having generalized network issues, trying to pass the buck to individual customers by suggesting their devices were to blame or the problem was otherwise isolated to specific customers. THAT would have been nice information to have. A simple "We are experiening higher than expected demand in several major metro areas which is resulting in network congestion. We are working to implement fixes to this problem to increase capacity. Until these fixes are in place your 4G performance in crowded metro areas may be slower than expected" would have gone a LONG way. Instead they chose to act as if there was ZERO issues with the network, NOT disclose this problem while customers were asking and complaining continuously about slower than expected 4G performance (unreasonably slow, obviously I expect slower speeds in more crowded areas, but this was slow to the point of being useless) in downtown areas.
Fair enough, and I agree that is very unlikely the front line CSR's were at fault. But it's clear that something was known about this and it wasn't getting communicated to the customers. Which ... See more...
Fair enough, and I agree that is very unlikely the front line CSR's were at fault. But it's clear that something was known about this and it wasn't getting communicated to the customers. Which is why I say elevate if a CSR tells you "We have no reports of a network problem." Get as far up the chain as you can and then make sure they are aware you know that there IS a network problem.
They repeatedly denied there was a network problem...period. They insisted the issues must be device related which we now see was blatantly false. And we're not talking, at least in my area, ... See more...
They repeatedly denied there was a network problem...period. They insisted the issues must be device related which we now see was blatantly false. And we're not talking, at least in my area, a "slowdown" we're talking service so slow that not even emails could get through from roughly 10AM till 4PM or so. This wasn't "oh I can't stream Netflix" this was "I can't get email to come through" which is MUCH LESS demanding on the network. And by location I mean they tried to blame it on "being in an office building" or similar causes not "Network congestion in metropolitan areas." They insisted the problems were CUSTOMER related (device problems or locations of that particular customer interm of surroundings or indoor/outdoor) not "metropolitan areas are currently experiencing heavy network congestion." That would have been understandable.
The CRO of Verizon Wireless acknowledged major slowdowns on LTE in major cities. So clearly all this discussion about our phones and other issues were lies and deceptions designed to convince us ... See more...
The CRO of Verizon Wireless acknowledged major slowdowns on LTE in major cities. So clearly all this discussion about our phones and other issues were lies and deceptions designed to convince us they weren't the problem. So much money are we owed on our bills? I'm sure someone can quantify the value of lost service.
VZW CRO Fran Shammo acknowledged significant LTE slowdowns in major cities on Tuesday 11/12/2013. So do NOT let VZW support get away with lying anymore that they have seen no problems that the... See more...
VZW CRO Fran Shammo acknowledged significant LTE slowdowns in major cities on Tuesday 11/12/2013. So do NOT let VZW support get away with lying anymore that they have seen no problems that there is "nationwide shortage." They have been lying for months as users have reported problem after problem continually asking for info about our phones, our locations etc. attempting to blame ANYTHING but their own infrastructure. If you get a support person telling you that the problem isn't with them bring this up, ask to be elevated to a supervisor and demand an explanation for deceptive business practices. Inform them that you will be filing complaints with relevant agencies They didn't just figure out this was a problem on Tuesday, they must have been looking into this for weeks if not months all the while telling customers "it's your phone...it's your location...it's somehow YOUR problem not ours." So how about it VZW? When did you realize there was a problem with your infrastructure? Give us a date so we can figure out which of us were blatantly lied to when we tried to tell you something was wrong.
The only saving grace here is that this is limited to the 4G band. If I switch my device to 3G/CDMA only mode I can at least use that. But that required a third party app to do as the device it... See more...
The only saving grace here is that this is limited to the 4G band. If I switch my device to 3G/CDMA only mode I can at least use that. But that required a third party app to do as the device itself doesn't let you limit yourself to 3G.
Wow. Did you even read the proceeding posts on this thread? ALL of this information has been provided, there IS a ticket already in place (which I am apparently NOT allowed to refer to in the t... See more...
Wow. Did you even read the proceeding posts on this thread? ALL of this information has been provided, there IS a ticket already in place (which I am apparently NOT allowed to refer to in the thread). This is NOT a device problem as it is, as displayed IN THIS THREAD, occuring for multiple people with multiple devices (not to mention everyone with Verizon services in my office) over AT LEAST several city blocks. On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
Is there at least an explanation of what the problem is? If something is wrong something is wrong and while I'm not happy I understand. At this point though I would hope there was at least an e... See more...
Is there at least an explanation of what the problem is? If something is wrong something is wrong and while I'm not happy I understand. At this point though I would hope there was at least an explanation of what IS wrong. On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I have seen minor improvement but still near useless 4G speeds. I downloaded an app that has allowed me to put my phone on the 3G band which is working. The ticket I was given is # >>removed<< ... See more...
I have seen minor improvement but still near useless 4G speeds. I downloaded an app that has allowed me to put my phone on the 3G band which is working. The ticket I was given is # >>removed<< . Maybe calling and referencing that will get you somewhere. >>Proprietary information removed to comply with the << Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Yes there is a ticket in effect. I have also discovered that if I switch my phone to CDMA only the 3G band is working fine. So the problem seems restricted to the 4G LTE signal. On Sep 21, 201... See more...
Yes there is a ticket in effect. I have also discovered that if I switch my phone to CDMA only the 3G band is working fine. So the problem seems restricted to the 4G LTE signal. On Sep 21, 2013 8:40 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <
No please, hopefully this will clue VZW into the fact that this is NOT an isolated problem and is likely affecting many customers. They seem blind tot he idea that there might be a problem in the... See more...
No please, hopefully this will clue VZW into the fact that this is NOT an isolated problem and is likely affecting many customers. They seem blind tot he idea that there might be a problem in the area. Even if it's just network congestion from some conference or event this kind of service disruption should be unacceptable to any reputable company. Verizon, however, seems content to ignore the problem.
The zip code is 20005, my phone is a Droid Incredible 4G LTE. This is downtown, urban DC, about 3 blocks from the Verizon Center arena. A few things: 1) This is a recent problem occuring ov... See more...
The zip code is 20005, my phone is a Droid Incredible 4G LTE. This is downtown, urban DC, about 3 blocks from the Verizon Center arena. A few things: 1) This is a recent problem occuring over the last week into today 2) The problem is affecting EVERYONE with Verizon service in my office, it is NOT limited to my phone only so it is clearly a service problem and not a phone problem. 3) The problem occurs whether inside or outside of the building. 4) I have run speedtests and I normally see around 1Mbps, however, starting around 11:00AM every day that drops down to 300kbps and remains there until around 4:30. To summarize: ALL Verizon 4g service in this area drops in speed by around 66% (1Mbps down to 300kbps) from approximately 11:00AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday (the problem did NOT occur over the weekend). This problem happens regardless of location in or out of a building and occurs for ALL Verizon customers in my office. It is therefore NOT a phone problem but clearly a Verizon service problem. This issue has been occuring for approximately 1 week now, prior to that there was no such issue. Clearly something has changed in the last week regarding Verizon service in this area.
Is there an explanation for the significant LTE service disruptions in central D.C.? For the past week LTE service has slowed to an absolute crawl near Metro Center, literally 3-4 blocks from ... See more...
Is there an explanation for the significant LTE service disruptions in central D.C.? For the past week LTE service has slowed to an absolute crawl near Metro Center, literally 3-4 blocks from the "Verizon Center" (which you'd think would get great LTE service). Every day from about 11:30AM on the LTE becomes absolutely useless and remains so throughout the afternoon and into the evening. This is NOT a problem with my phone as this problem has been occuring for every person with Verizon in my office. We have never had a problem with the LTE service in our building before this week and going outside does nothing to alleviate the problem. The service is fine in the mornings but without fail right around 11:30 it absolutely dies. Phone says it is connected to LTE services but nothing that uses data will work.