Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,587 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

forbesplumbing's Posts

One contributor on the Verizon Wireless Community board already solved the problem. He suggested that the software update caused the phone not to make a good connection to the original channel ... See more...
One contributor on the Verizon Wireless Community board already solved the problem. He suggested that the software update caused the phone not to make a good connection to the original channel that my Comcast router was using. He suggested changing the router channel to channel 11, which I did (through Comcast) and it worked. Don't know why the software update "needs" a router set to channel 11. On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
Thanks. I had previously wasted many hours searching the message boards for a solution. I called Comcast (I'm using their unit instead of my older D-Link that I knew how to access), and had them ... See more...
Thanks. I had previously wasted many hours searching the message boards for a solution. I called Comcast (I'm using their unit instead of my older D-Link that I knew how to access), and had them switch the channel on my router to channel 11 as you suggested, and that was all I needed. The Comcast tech said that some of the new iphones also prefer channel 11. Don't know why software upgrades would change this preference, maybe it wasn't intentional, but who knows? 
Like apparently thousands of others, I have had problems with my wifi connection after the 4.3 update. I tried switching off the auto network switch in the advanced settings (that seemed to work ... See more...
Like apparently thousands of others, I have had problems with my wifi connection after the 4.3 update. I tried switching off the auto network switch in the advanced settings (that seemed to work for awhile), I tried safe mode with no improvement. The phone keeps scanning for a connection, and when I select my home network (the wireless router is 2 ft, away), it says "Authentication error occurred"  I haven't seen anyone with this message yet. I have triple checked the network key, and my wife's I phone (4) on Sprint has no trouble connecting. Same with her Sony Vaio laptop, and with my old Dell laptop. Never had any problems before connecting with my S4. While the S4 is more powerful and has some unique features (most of which I have disabled, because they are unnecessary and somewhat creepy), it seems that I had a much better overall experience with my old HTC Evo on Sprint. I have tried to scroll to the latest comments, but have not been able to see if there is finally a fix for this.