Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,644 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ArtistPaula's Posts

Yes, my predictive text is toggled On, and I get suggested words and I can choose them, but my phone never fixes typos, ever.  My Incredible 2 just automatically corrected typos and I expected th... See more...
Yes, my predictive text is toggled On, and I get suggested words and I can choose them, but my phone never fixes typos, ever.  My Incredible 2 just automatically corrected typos and I expected that with my new S4. What a pain in the butt not to have a comma on the keyboard, but, yes, I found how to insert it with the long press.  I'm not a kid and I like to send texts as if I were speaking with punctuation and whole words.  All my friends, who are older as I am, like to do the same. I've tried most of the keyboards in the Play Store, and 99% of them do not have the numbers at the top, which is a great feature. I was also chatting with Samsung about it and they said they left out auto-correct.  Talk about going back into the dark ages!!
Well, I tried it and even though it works, the keyboard is so hard to read (yes, I changed the different templates and the heights of the keys) and it squishes the numbers on the top row.  I unin... See more...
Well, I tried it and even though it works, the keyboard is so hard to read (yes, I changed the different templates and the heights of the keys) and it squishes the numbers on the top row.  I uninstalled it. THIS SUCKS!!!  How many millions of people with smart phones that aren't even half as nice as the S4 have auto-correct?  ALL OF THEM!!!  Why would Samsung leave that BASIC feature out???  I feel like I've taken 10 steps back and now I have to look at every single word I type to make sure it's spelled correctly.  Talk about going back in time!!  I feel like I'm in high school in typing class!!  I'm 55!!!
Thanks!!  I'll definitely check it out!!
I had an HTC Incredible 2 for 2.5 years and it always auto corrected my spelling in text messages, which I just loved. Now that I have my new Samsung Galaxy S4, it doesn't do that.  It suggest... See more...
I had an HTC Incredible 2 for 2.5 years and it always auto corrected my spelling in text messages, which I just loved. Now that I have my new Samsung Galaxy S4, it doesn't do that.  It suggests spellings, but doesn't change anything.  I'm so used to auto-correct that I keep sending texts that have misspelled words and it's driving me NUTS!! I absolutely LOVE the S4's keyboard with the numbers on top (though I HATE that it doesn't have a comma on the front screen) and don't want to use another app that doesn't have that type of keyboard. Any suggestions on how to make it auto-correct??  I can't find anything in settings regarding auto-correct. Thank you
You're very welcome!!  And thank you!!
I tried this, but even though I got the wake up screen to stop when I received a text, I no longer (and I tried and tried!!) was getting a flashing light to notify me of anything...not texts, not... See more...
I tried this, but even though I got the wake up screen to stop when I received a text, I no longer (and I tried and tried!!) was getting a flashing light to notify me of anything...not texts, not emails, not missed calls, not voicemail...!!  So I started from scratch again and uninstalled both apps. Then I went looking for another app and I found SMS Popup (I do not use the Popup feature) and it works absolutely perfectly!!  No more wake up screen when I get a text.  I can choose what color and frequency of notification flash for everything.  My phone vibrates, plays a sound (if I choose it to, depending on the time of day), flashes a light.... everything is perfect.  All I needed was that one app.