Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,666 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

seabright's Posts

techspert wrote: Look, I don't care about the next best thing.  I do care about meeting my needs.       So, wait to buy the phone that meets your needs. Don't buy one that doesn't. I... See more...
  techspert wrote: Look, I don't care about the next best thing.  I do care about meeting my needs.       So, wait to buy the phone that meets your needs. Don't buy one that doesn't. I held on to my Treo 650 for about 4 years because I didn't especially like anything. Once I decided on the phone I wanted, I wasn't at all concerned about what came out the next month because I had a phone that worked for me.   The moment the Nexus One was announced, people started asking me if I was sorry I'd gone ahead and gotten the Droid. I can honestly answer that I'm not sorry because I got the phone that made sense for me. And it probably still will even after the Nexus One comes to VZW.   Hopefully, by the time it does, the problem of it dropping off of 3G will have been resolved. Certainly not a problem I'm having with my Droid!  
  hallcp1019 wrote: i read on an msn page between the end march or in april.   does verizon have a site or page announcing upcoming devices i got my current phone and a month later the dro... See more...
  hallcp1019 wrote: i read on an msn page between the end march or in april.   does verizon have a site or page announcing upcoming devices i got my current phone and a month later the droid and envtouch and a whole crop of new phones came out and i saw no advertising that would have informed me to wait   Well, of course you didn't! No company is going to tell you not to buy, to wait to see if there's something you might like better later. You might decide to take your business elsewhere.    Google "The Osborne Effect" to see how well that works for companies.    It's also very safe to assume with technology that, no matter what you buy, when you buy it or how long you wait, there will always be something better, faster and cheaper announced shortly thereafter.   Based on past history, when (if) VZW announces they will be selling the Nexus One, they'll probably put something up on their website.    Best of luck.  
  Tatan09 wrote: Have there been any rumors regarding a conctrete release date for the nexus one on verizon? Im due for an upgrade at the end of february and don't want to wait too long for ... See more...
  Tatan09 wrote: Have there been any rumors regarding a conctrete release date for the nexus one on verizon? Im due for an upgrade at the end of february and don't want to wait too long for this device to come out. Ive been looking everywhere for info on this and haven't found any.   I think "rumors" and "concrete release date" are phrases that don't belong in the same sentence. Verizon has been more forthcoming with planned release dates in the last year or so. I suspect that when a release is closer, you'll be able to sign up on their website for announcements.   Best of luck.  
You'll need another app to do that. Ringo (or Ringo Pro) will allow you to do a lot with ring tones, including assigning customer text alerts.    I'm also partial to Handcent SMS, an alternate ... See more...
You'll need another app to do that. Ringo (or Ringo Pro) will allow you to do a lot with ring tones, including assigning customer text alerts.    I'm also partial to Handcent SMS, an alternate SMS program that has many nifty features, including the ability to assign customer text alerts.   Best of luck.
NightRinger will allow you to silence everything but specific contacts who you want to be able to reach you.
It's a notification that the message was sent successfully.
Jewels is not causing any problems on my Droid.
LOL! Give me iTunes any day! That sounds like actual work. 
VZW never announces that sort of thing.
Does it tell you it can't id the song or does it just keep listening? If the former, the song may just not be in the database it uses.   No, there is no Adobe Flash plug in for Blackberries (or... See more...
Does it tell you it can't id the song or does it just keep listening? If the former, the song may just not be in the database it uses.   No, there is no Adobe Flash plug in for Blackberries (or iPhones just in case you were interested).
Good to know...
There is a Mac version of Media Manager. I've been using it since I got my Storm. It works very well for music. I just drag and drop photos or email them.
I have a Mac; I have a Blackberry. I do sync calenders and addressess but do it all through Gmail and Google Calender using Google Sync. To transfer music from my iTunes library, I use the Media ... See more...
I have a Mac; I have a Blackberry. I do sync calenders and addressess but do it all through Gmail and Google Calender using Google Sync. To transfer music from my iTunes library, I use the Media Manager software available as a free download from RIM. RIM also offers a free download of Pocket Mac to manage your Blackberry on your Mac. I downloaded it but have never used it. If I want to transfer other files, I just hook my BB up to my Mac using the supplied micro usb to usb cable. The BB shows up as a removable drive.   Best of luck.
It should work fine as long as you have your options set correctly. Date/Time>Date/Time Source>Network. Worked for me when I flew to the the other coast two weeks ago, via Chicago. Changed both t... See more...
It should work fine as long as you have your options set correctly. Date/Time>Date/Time Source>Network. Worked for me when I flew to the the other coast two weeks ago, via Chicago. Changed both times. You may have a bit of a wait if your are, for example, driving across time zones. It may take a while to update. If you turn off the mobile network connection and turn it on again, it will force the update. Obviously this isn't a problem if you're flying because you do that anyway.   Best of luck.
Rim offers a free program called, if I remember correctly, Media Manager. It interfaces quite nicely with iTunes and will load any unprotected tracks you want onto your Tour. You just have to put... See more...
Rim offers a free program called, if I remember correctly, Media Manager. It interfaces quite nicely with iTunes and will load any unprotected tracks you want onto your Tour. You just have to put things into a playlist first. It's actually quite a slick little program.   Best of luck.
Not at this time.
Some of the BB Twitter clients will also run, essentially on BBM. I believe both Twitterberry and Uber Twitter can be configured so that they use BBM instead of text, thus not counting as text mes... See more...
Some of the BB Twitter clients will also run, essentially on BBM. I believe both Twitterberry and Uber Twitter can be configured so that they use BBM instead of text, thus not counting as text messages.
I'm using the new version on my Storm which is not on a BES with no problems. I have a friend who's using it on his Curve which is on a BES. He doesn't seem to have any problems. However, it may b... See more...
I'm using the new version on my Storm which is not on a BES with no problems. I have a friend who's using it on his Curve which is on a BES. He doesn't seem to have any problems. However, it may be that the permissions or restrictions his company is using are different.
Call Verizon Wireless customer service (800-922-0204) and fallow the prompts. They will terminate your service effect the end of the billing cycle. You will receive a final bill which will includ... See more...
Call Verizon Wireless customer service (800-922-0204) and fallow the prompts. They will terminate your service effect the end of the billing cycle. You will receive a final bill which will include the early termination fee.   You can also go into a VZW store and have it cancelled. You will still receive the final bill in the mail   Best of luck.
They can't update them in a Verizon Wireless store. The computers at the stores are all firewalled and locked so that you can't connect a Blackberry. I was able to get one of the "Data Consultants... See more...
They can't update them in a Verizon Wireless store. The computers at the stores are all firewalled and locked so that you can't connect a Blackberry. I was able to get one of the "Data Consultants" who had a lap top with him on his visit to the store to update mine.