The Droid and the Eris run two different versions of the system software and the hardware is different. The Eris, having an earlier version of the software and a less powerful processor, is not a... Ver más...
The Droid and the Eris run two different versions of the system software and the hardware is different. The Eris, having an earlier version of the software and a less powerful processor, is not able to run all the same software as the Droid.
I, too, migrated from a Blackberry Storm to a Droid. Yes, Google Talk is the closest I've found to BBM. As it is running over the data connection, and is not using text messaging, it's "free" to ... Ver más...
I, too, migrated from a Blackberry Storm to a Droid. Yes, Google Talk is the closest I've found to BBM. As it is running over the data connection, and is not using text messaging, it's "free" to anywhere. One of the things I like about it over BBM is that it runs on almost any smart phone (including Blackberrys) and you can move between the phone and a computer. I can start conversations on the phone while I'm out and then, when I get home, continue the same conversation on my computer with it's larger keyboard.
Currently the Devour is only being sold at VZW indirect agents, like Walmart. Some phones are only ever sold through the indirect agents. Some phones get released at a different date in the corpo... Ver más...
Currently the Devour is only being sold at VZW indirect agents, like Walmart. Some phones are only ever sold through the indirect agents. Some phones get released at a different date in the corporate stores or online.
  SBD wrote: I went to the Verizon store to get help today, but the guy there didn't seem to know that much and said I should get a Blackberry. Well, my husband read the reviews before he go... Ver más...
  SBD wrote: I went to the Verizon store to get help today, but the guy there didn't seem to know that much and said I should get a Blackberry. Well, my husband read the reviews before he got his phone and mine and said the BB got terrible reviews.     Which Blackberry? VZW sells the Tour, Storm, Storm 2, Curve, Curve 2 and Pearl Flip (some are close out models). I'm pretty sure that they haven't all gotten uniformly terrible reviews. Personally, I also have a Storm and love it. Kept it even after I got my Droid. The Nav on the Storm is excellent.   However, the Eris is due to be updated very shortly.  
You can do what's called an alternate upgrade. You can use the upgrade eligibility on any phone on your account to upgrade your line. You get whatever discount that line is eligible for and the c... Ver más...
You can do what's called an alternate upgrade. You can use the upgrade eligibility on any phone on your account to upgrade your line. You get whatever discount that line is eligible for and the contract on that line is extended. I don't know if you can do this at authorized agents but you can do it at VZW corporate stores.    Best of luck.
I don't believe the native messaging app allows you to do that. However, if you download the free app, Handcent, from the Market, you can. It's a huge improvement.   Best of luck.
My Tracks, from Google.
I love my Droid. However, based on your description of your needs, if I were a sales person, I'd steer you toward something else. I agree with the previous poster that the EnV3 is a great phone. ... Ver más...
I love my Droid. However, based on your description of your needs, if I were a sales person, I'd steer you toward something else. I agree with the previous poster that the EnV3 is a great phone. It does require a data package but for that phone you can get the $9.99 25 mg service. There are weather apps you can download to that phone that are very useful. I used Weatherbug on my EnV2 and loved it. It's a great texting phone, too.   If you don't want to be required to buy any data package at all, the Samsung Intensity is a nice little phone with a slide out full keyboard that's great for texting. You can still download apps on to the phone, including weather apps. You just have to pay $1.99 per megabyte for any data use. The weather apps don't use huge amounts of data.   If you don't buy a smartphone of some kind, be sure to download Backup Assistant on to your phone (or have your sales rep do it for you before leaving the store). It will back up your phone numbers. It's a lifesaver if your phone is lost, stolen or destroyed.   What ever you do, I'd suggest that you go to a Verizon Wireless Store (even if you later decide to buy on line) and spend some time playing with a variety of phones. Only you will know if the keyboard feels right or the print on the screen is big enough, etc. VZW has a $35 restocking fee so you want to try to get it right the first time.   Best of luck.
  rnrperry wrote: I am not sure how you can tell that from my profile, but you are wrong!  I have the Moto Droid and my wife has the HCT Eris.     If you look to the left of your post,... Ver más...
  rnrperry wrote: I am not sure how you can tell that from my profile, but you are wrong!  I have the Moto Droid and my wife has the HCT Eris.     If you look to the left of your post, you'll see some information about your profile, including the fact that you have a "samsung cell phone". You may want to go into account settings and change that.   Best of luck.  
Is there a difference in the formats between the tracks that show us as trimmable and those that don't? I'm guessing that the trimmer may only work with mp3 and you have some tracks in other form... Ver más...
Is there a difference in the formats between the tracks that show us as trimmable and those that don't? I'm guessing that the trimmer may only work with mp3 and you have some tracks in other formats (.aac, perhaps).   Best of luck.
I'm guessing there are some privacy and security implications. VZW probably doesn't want to make access to their customer database available to third party software. 
Settings>Applications>Development>Stay Awake
You can create your own ringtones for the Droid (and, presumably , the Eris, though I've no personal experience). You can load the mp3s on to you phone and use them. There are also some programs ... Ver más...
You can create your own ringtones for the Droid (and, presumably , the Eris, though I've no personal experience). You can load the mp3s on to you phone and use them. There are also some programs that will give you some more options. I really like Ringo Pro. Ringdroid is also useful. None of this requires hacking the phone.
  axel_2078 wrote: Freyakat, I hear you and I agree. I'm up for my NE2 at the end of this month and I only have until June before my contract expires, so I've got to grab something before th... Ver más...
  axel_2078 wrote: Freyakat, I hear you and I agree. I'm up for my NE2 at the end of this month and I only have until June before my contract expires, so I've got to grab something before then.    You don't really have to do anything before then if you don't want to. Nothing happens when your contract expires. The contract is not automatically renewed nor is your service cancelled. You just go month to month until you buy new equipment and renew the contract. VZW will keep sending you a bill, you're monthly service will remain the same.  
The previous poster is correct. The Milestone is the European version of the Droid. There do appear to be some small differences in the operating system
As noted, the Droid doesn't sync with a computer, per se. It syncs with Gmail, Google Calendar, etc. I moved everything to Google when I had a Blackberry because, at the time, RIM had not good sy... Ver más...
As noted, the Droid doesn't sync with a computer, per se. It syncs with Gmail, Google Calendar, etc. I moved everything to Google when I had a Blackberry because, at the time, RIM had not good syncing solution but Google Sync for Blackberry worked perfectly. It requires a bit of a shift in how you do things but, after using them for a while, I find I like Google calendar better than iCal. I always hated Address Book anyway.   I've used a couple of different programs to move music to my Droid: Sailing Media Manager, Doubletwist and something I can't remember the name of. I'd say Sailing Media Manager is probably the best. Transferring music is really the only time I ever connect my Droid to my Mac.   Best of luck.
I haven't found a way to delete the entries from the Frequently Called list.   I believe there are some programs in the Market that will allow you to manipulate the call log data. I looked at a... Ver más...
I haven't found a way to delete the entries from the Frequently Called list.   I believe there are some programs in the Market that will allow you to manipulate the call log data. I looked at a couple of them but don't remember names. Try searching for "Call log" or "phone log"   Best of luck. 
The software to view the videos HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED by Adobe. There's nothing Verizon Wireless, Motorola or Google can do until such time as Adobe releases the software. Where's the oversight?
If the site requires Flash, you won't be able to view the videos on your Droid as there is, as you've discovered, not Flash player for the Droid at this time. Adobe has said that it will be relea... Ver más...
If the site requires Flash, you won't be able to view the videos on your Droid as there is, as you've discovered, not Flash player for the Droid at this time. Adobe has said that it will be released "in the first half of 2010" .   Lo lamentamos.
No, you can't. Doubletwist will not remove DRM.