Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,789 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Norcalman's Posts

While I can't speak for ritchie3, I can certainly say that I haven't download anything my droid Incredible wasn't running without a problem before I bought this S4 piece of trash. And just ho... See more...
While I can't speak for ritchie3, I can certainly say that I haven't download anything my droid Incredible wasn't running without a problem before I bought this S4 piece of trash. And just how is a bad app going to keep my phone from accepting a charge? That's the only problem with it otherwise it ran fine. I do not and did not download bad apps. PERIOD! END OF STORY! << Personal comments removed to comply with >> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Sorry I ranted all over your thread here ritchie3 or that I couldn't provide any answers that could have helped you. I just wanted you and anyone else who will listen that Verizon's policies are ... See more...
Sorry I ranted all over your thread here ritchie3 or that I couldn't provide any answers that could have helped you. I just wanted you and anyone else who will listen that Verizon's policies are unfair and indicative of a corporation that isn't the least bit interested in doing anything for us except to collecting our money with the least amount of effort on their part. All the apologists here ... look down on us as if we are spoiled children not getting our way. Let them start to have problems and then they can do all the blaming on apps that they want. If they are lucky then they might realize just how slanted the agreement between Verizon and it's customers truly is. I imagine it will be a particularly sour moment for them when they finally come to an understanding that the apps have nothing to do with there problem. << Edited to comply with >> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
My issue with my phone is detailed above  and concerns it's inability take a charge. ritchiey3 is the guy who is on his third phone and the statement that somehow he (or I) must have downloaded a... See more...
My issue with my phone is detailed above  and concerns it's inability take a charge. ritchiey3 is the guy who is on his third phone and the statement that somehow he (or I) must have downloaded a rogue app lacks imagination especially when you consider that you have no idea about what apps he or I might have used. << Personal comments attacking another poster removed to comply with >> BTW: My theory is this is just a poorly made phone that has been hyped beyond anything else. I can honestly say that I was less than impressed with this phone before it started having problems given that it is supposed to be Samsung's flagship "iPhone killer". From its slick and almost unholdable case to its tinny sounding and truly terrible ear buds, I'd say that insufficient thought went into the design inside and out. Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
If the phone is being messed up by an app then it's the phones fault not the app. Why do you clowns always assume that the user is at fault. We (or at least I) are just trying to use the phone as... See more...
If the phone is being messed up by an app then it's the phones fault not the app. Why do you clowns always assume that the user is at fault. We (or at least I) are just trying to use the phone as it was designed to be used.
Thanks for the advice. I will take them to heart. I do find myself wondering why I should use my own FedEx label and not theirs.
Here is my answer - Of course I tried to troubleshoot the problem. I first noticed the problem last Wednesday night when (as always) I plugged it in to the charge. I do this every night because I... See more...
Here is my answer - Of course I tried to troubleshoot the problem. I first noticed the problem last Wednesday night when (as always) I plugged it in to the charge. I do this every night because I have my charging cord plugged into a timer which shuts off after two and a half hours. I noticed that the charge light didn’t come on when I plugged it in. I checked to see if there was any dirt or damage to either the cord end or the receptacle on the phone. Both were clean and undamaged. I turned it on to see if it was indeed not accepting a charge which it wasn’t. I removed the cord from the timer and plugged it straight into the wall outlet and still nothing. The next morning I plugged it in again and it started to charge. That lasted about five minutes and then it stopped again. I brought the phone in with me to work with the intent of going over to the Verizon store to have them check it out during lunch. While at work I started to charge again but after fifteen minutes it stopped. I also got a message at the top telling me that it was plugged into a docking station. It was not. Once I got the Verizon store (on Thursday around noon), I walked in with my phone and charger. I asked them to plug it in to see if they could get it to work. They could not. I then asked them to try it with their cords. I have had cords go bad on me before, and I was at the time praying that this was indeed the problem. Using their cord they plugged it in and not only did it not charge but the message confirming that it had connected to a docking station came up. Their goose was cooked at that point they knew it. However, they then set it back to the factory reset (losing all my data) and tried one more time to bring it around, but it was to no avail. They then ordered a replacement right there and then and informed me that though it was going to be a two day delivery except that it would arrive on Tuesday (five days later) because of the Labor day holiday. She then went over instructions on how I was to return the device and explained that if original (and new) device was not received on their end within five working days of me receiving the used (retreaded) replacement that I would be billed for the cost of the device. $550 bucks on top of the $250+ dollars I already paid for it with contract. To top it all off I had all of the Labor Day week off for vacation but now find myself stuck at home until at least Tuesday just so I can receive my used “like-new” refurbished phone for the new one that died on me after a month just to avoid paying an additional $550. Does this sound like a good policy to you? I’ve been with Verizon for close to a decade and this is how I’m treated after all this time. I’ve paid my bills on time, every time and gave them my business when I actually had a choice to go with several other carriers. I was actually seriously considering going with a “dumb” phone with a physical keyboard for texting needs and using my Jetpack hotspot along with a Nexus 7 tablet for data usage. I regret not having done so. At any rate I do concede that I should have been more vigilant with my purchase. I did have a chance to go with either Amazon or Costco in buying my phone but thought that the process would more painless by going through the Verizon store. That is a decision that will never again be repeated.
So you've had your phone for two months now eh? Well lucky you. Look around these forums here and you discover that maybe you're the exception and not the rule. Two months though isn't really lon... See more...
So you've had your phone for two months now eh? Well lucky you. Look around these forums here and you discover that maybe you're the exception and not the rule. Two months though isn't really long at all. As I pointed out before, just wait until your phone goes belly up. We'll see how much you like your phone then. As to your question about how long Verizon should give out new phones for DEFECTIVE models, I'd say three months sounds about right. My phone is encased in a rather stout Otter Box and is protected like few others. I did nothing in the 30 days I've owned this turd but use it gingerly because that's what I do with expensive pieces of equipment. It went down as from an obvious manufacturing defect. Three months should be sufficient for any defect to manifest itself and be viable for a NEW replacement barring an obvious signs of abuse or physical damage. Imagine if car companies acted like this. Well actually they don't because there are Lemon Laws out there. Maybe there should be some regulation here as well.
Yeah, I'm sure you did just that didn't you? Not a line went by you  as the sales person went through the list item for item. I bet you also  read all the licensing agreements every time you down... See more...
Yeah, I'm sure you did just that didn't you? Not a line went by you  as the sales person went through the list item for item. I bet you also  read all the licensing agreements every time you download an app or  software. But hey, if it's in a contract while never being  pointed out let alone mentioned then it must be ethical and in the  interest of the customer. As for myself I have no  recollection of having the agreement shown to me. I was given a two and a  half foot long receipt that said RECEIPT on it. That's what I signed.  Maybe next time I can borrow the lawyer you had with you when you we bought this piece of trash phone. Just wait till yours goes belly up  and we'll see what you have to say.
I'm in the same boat as you are. My S4 stopped charging after only a month and now they are sending me a refurbished replacement instead of a new one. I didn't pay all that money just to use a ne... See more...
I'm in the same boat as you are. My S4 stopped charging after only a month and now they are sending me a refurbished replacement instead of a new one. I didn't pay all that money just to use a new phone for one month and then get saddled with some retread for the remaining 23 months on my contract. I guarantee you this, I'll never sign a contract nor purchase a phone through Verizon again. EVER!
... my next phone will be dumber than my decision to buy a Samsung Galaxy S4. To anyone who will happen upon this message and is looking to purchase a new phone, my advice is that if you are look... See more...
... my next phone will be dumber than my decision to buy a Samsung Galaxy S4. To anyone who will happen upon this message and is looking to purchase a new phone, my advice is that if you are looking at getting a Galaxy S4 then all I can say is DON'T. Thank you verizon (lower case v intentional) for your bloatware, your draconian terms of service agreement, your terrible customer service, your inflated prices, your inferior products, and for you just being you. In the meantime my refurbished replacement to a truly over-hyped, steaming piece of moose dung phone that failed on me within a month of purchase will arrive right in the middle of my vacation week that I must now wait around for otherwise you'll charge me $500 I don't ship off my original phone within five business days for some ungodly, unknown reason. Your shareholders should rest easy knowing that all that money just to get some scratched up replacement is money well spent on them. 23 months and counting... and for each month that passes by I will return to this site to remind, and to educate any poor fool who happens upon your doorstep on what lays in-store for them. To be continued next month.
Did I just get a bad set of headphones with my S4? They do not play in stereo and sound like a 1960s era transistor radio. I plugged in my $10 headphones that I keep in my desk at work and they s... See more...
Did I just get a bad set of headphones with my S4? They do not play in stereo and sound like a 1960s era transistor radio. I plugged in my $10 headphones that I keep in my desk at work and they sound like they came from Bose compared the the headphones that came with the phone. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or did I just simply get a bad pair of headphones out of the box?
Okay, for those of us needing to know, how do you do a factory reset?
Anyone here get the feeling that maybe the reason our phones start to have problems when they do maybe more than coincidental with the upgrade time coming up? Is Verizon giving us a not so gentle... See more...
Anyone here get the feeling that maybe the reason our phones start to have problems when they do maybe more than coincidental with the upgrade time coming up? Is Verizon giving us a not so gentle nudge to upgrade? Anyone know any really good class action suite lawyers?
Did all that and I still get those low on storage messages despite the fact that I'm using less than half of my total storage. The problem is not going away and is starting to affect my ability t... See more...
Did all that and I still get those low on storage messages despite the fact that I'm using less than half of my total storage. The problem is not going away and is starting to affect my ability to read simple texts. The method you describe to fix the problem is like trying to defeat a cold virus by blowing ones nose.
Okay, first I have to apologize for bring up my problems with my HTC Incredible on the Motorola Droid page. I only had one beer when writing this. I swear! Anyway, paying for a data plan that... See more...
Okay, first I have to apologize for bring up my problems with my HTC Incredible on the Motorola Droid page. I only had one beer when writing this. I swear! Anyway, paying for a data plan that I can't utilize full time doesn't do me any good. At first it worked well but now it is hit and miss at best. If the call center people are laughing at concerns like this then let them. I'll be laughing too... all the way to the bank when my phone bill is cut in half by going with a "dumb" phone. (I wonder if the ATT reps where laughing too a couple of years ago when they got that nasty reputations for the same sort of problems I'm having now.) As I was saying: I shouldn't have to travel to Santa Rosa or Sacramento to have my phone work as promised when I bought it. In the long run as long as I have texting I'm golden, and I believe the transition to a regular phone without apps would be pretty painless if I complement it with a Nexus 7 or other device. (Yes, I know it is WiFi only) I'm not trying to start a movement here to bring Verizon down to it's knees and if my message came off sounding that way then just know that this was not my intent. I'm just putting forth a scenario that maybe someone can relate to and possibly suggest some enhancement to my scheme. In case no one had noticed we are on the edge of getting inundated with new technology from MS (Edge), Apple (iPad 3), and now something from Amazon as well as Google's Nexus 7. With a little creativity and some flexibility on my part I might be able to overcome Verizon's short comings in service just as others have utilized the internet to get around the hubris of the cable companies. My two cents.
With the news of the Nexus 7 being released in just weeks, I can't help but wonder if it should dump my Droid Incredible for a new flip phone. The 3G in my area of Northern California sucks anywa... See more...
With the news of the Nexus 7 being released in just weeks, I can't help but wonder if it should dump my Droid Incredible for a new flip phone. The 3G in my area of Northern California sucks anyway and I'm really tired of the bad updates that result in the reduced functionality of my phone. By downgrading to another more practical phone I'd be sending Verizon an important message about their prices and services.