Verizon quietly unleashes its LTE monster, tripling 4G capacity in major cities http://gigaom.com/2013/12/05/verizon-quietly-unleashes-its-lte-monster-tripling-4g-capacity-in-major-cities/ "I... Ver más...
Verizon quietly unleashes its LTE monster, tripling 4G capacity in major cities http://gigaom.com/2013/12/05/verizon-quietly-unleashes-its-lte-monster-tripling-4g-capacity-in-major-cities/ "In the commercial corridors of major cities like New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle and Washington, D.C.. Verizon has tripled its LTE capacity by tapping new airwaves, while in downtown San Francisco and Los Angeles it's boosted capacity by 150 percent. " "You could see 80 Mbps today and 20 Mbps tomorrow and then 10 Mbps the next day," she said. Hopefully we can get over 1 Mbps in the commercial corridor of our referenced major city.
Saw this report today on CNET.  Mobile broadband carriers in data hungry metropolitan cities over-promising their services?  If only they could have seen this coming!  They must be the first carr... Ver más...
Saw this report today on CNET.  Mobile broadband carriers in data hungry metropolitan cities over-promising their services?  If only they could have seen this coming!  They must be the first carrier to ever experience this type of demand right? 
LTE started working well for about a week, translated as...I was getting sub-par 3G, but better than 0.00 speeds for about a week. (Oct 7-14)  I actually thought they were addressing the problem.... See more...
LTE started working well for about a week, translated as...I was getting sub-par 3G, but better than 0.00 speeds for about a week. (Oct 7-14)  I actually thought they were addressing the problem. After that, LTE went back to crap and has stayed there. As of right now, I get -1ms pings, 0.00down/0.00up speeds on OOKLA while on LTE.  Yay!  I have to turn off LTE at work now.  My 3G at least gives me 133ms pings, .57down/.26up speeds which means I can send/receive something barely reliably.
Dear Wireless Customer Support, as an example for the 94105 area code, please review my open (hopefully) ticket.  As ticket numbers are usually removed by the moderator, please contact me directl... Ver más...
Dear Wireless Customer Support, as an example for the 94105 area code, please review my open (hopefully) ticket.  As ticket numbers are usually removed by the moderator, please contact me directly.   Also, please review this unresolved thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/984878#984878
I just submitted my ticket...ending with 8763.  Is that the same (possibly global ticket) as yours or different? The Support Rep was nice and courteous, but i had to jump through the hoops: - h... Ver más...
I just submitted my ticket...ending with 8763.  Is that the same (possibly global ticket) as yours or different? The Support Rep was nice and courteous, but i had to jump through the hoops: - how many bars check - turn off wi-fi - data roaming on - shut off the phone - did something on their side - same issue - Did a network reset - same issue I was offered a couple options, utilize my 14 day worry free guarantee or submit a ticket.  After seeing this forum and having co-workers on iPhones and Android devices experiencing the same issue...we know it is not the devices. Have your co-workers submit tickets and post on this forum. 
Looks like their problem is just bandwidth with this area. Look how slow it gets once everyone starts getting to work.  For being such a popular area, you would think they would have addressed it... Ver más...
Looks like their problem is just bandwidth with this area. Look how slow it gets once everyone starts getting to work.  For being such a popular area, you would think they would have addressed it a long time ago.  It is unusable and the constant struggle to use the network just drains the battery.  Here are my test results: LTE 4G 7:30 AM 10/2  - 50ms ping,  9.74 down, 6.59 up 8:00 AM 10/2  - 48ms ping,  7.25 down, 3.16 up 8:30 AM 10/2  - 65ms ping,  1.54 down, 0.09 up 9:00 AM 10/2  - 129ms ping, 0.90 down, 0.01 up 9:30 AM 10/2  - 696ms ping, 0.39 down, 0.00 up 10:00 AM 10/2 - 298ms ping, 0.26 down, 0.00 up After I turn off my 4G LTE and go back down to 3G: 10:00 AM 10/2 - 65ms ping,0.17 down, .013 up *This is on par with my 3G service I received on my iPhone 4, barely mediocre at best, but at least it was steady. I can only imagine as all of their 4/4S customers start receiving their 5S phones through October and November, there is going to be more issues and more impact.
I think I know why the battery life on my brand new 5s is worse than my 4. Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > OFF  Full 3G Bars
That is hilarious and sad. 
Anywhere from 1 to 3 bars, but iMessages are sending as texts, and even mail is intermittent. Sales Force has A LOT of commercial space this block, I wonder how they are dealing with it?
I am in the same area, Fremont/Mission, same problem.  Just upgraded to LTE + iPhone 5S 4 days ago.  Terrible speeds at work. OOKLA tests, around 9:30am PST today: SE Corner: 209ms ping, 0.36... Ver más...
I am in the same area, Fremont/Mission, same problem.  Just upgraded to LTE + iPhone 5S 4 days ago.  Terrible speeds at work. OOKLA tests, around 9:30am PST today: SE Corner: 209ms ping, 0.36mbps down and .01mbps up. NE Corner: 175ms ping, 0.52mbps down and .000mbps up. NW Corner: 131ms ping, 0.00mbps down and 0.00mbps up. SW Corner: 413ms ping, 0.42mbps down and 0.00mbps up. Yesterday, 12:30PM in the same spot, I actually got a negative ping! SE Corner: -1 ms ping, 0.03mbps down and 0.00mbps up. My co-worker with T-Mobile on his iPhone 5 came over to the same exact spot and hit 44ms pings, ~25mbps down and ~15 up averages after multiple races we did.