Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,888 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

paulvina's Posts

If it was iCloud it would affect all carriers the same. I was told that the cellular data will override the BT in certain circumstances and that the only way to "fix" the issue was to turn off ce... See more...
If it was iCloud it would affect all carriers the same. I was told that the cellular data will override the BT in certain circumstances and that the only way to "fix" the issue was to turn off cellular data. I tried it last night and that definitely "fixed" the problem. The only issue is, I shouldn't have to. My iPhone 5S will be going back for an android device. This is terrible. 
Why didn't any of the previous iPhones turn off wi-fi with the screen? This is my 4th iPhone and I've never had to jump through the hoops I have to no to keep from getting raped on data. Over 2GB... See more...
Why didn't any of the previous iPhones turn off wi-fi with the screen? This is my 4th iPhone and I've never had to jump through the hoops I have to no to keep from getting raped on data. Over 2GB in 7 days for someone that has never used more than a 1GB in a month with no changes at all (restored from a backup so all apps and settings are the same) is ridiculous. I'm out. As much as I like the Apple ecosystem I'm heading to android an hoping that the iPhone 6 fixes these issues.
I ported over from AT&T after being stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage. I had a 4S and 5S on AT&T with no issues. I've been with Verizon for 7 days and am now over my 2GB plan. In the 15 ... See more...
I ported over from AT&T after being stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage. I had a 4S and 5S on AT&T with no issues. I've been with Verizon for 7 days and am now over my 2GB plan. In the 15 months I was with AT&T after moving back from Germany I NEVER went over 2GB. EVER. This is my 4th iPhone. I know how to set it up. Nothing about my usage has changed in 4 years. I don't even have the Verizon Backup Assistant app on my phone but yet it's still burning through data. I don't need more data on my plan. I shouldn't have to turn off cellular data when connected to wifi (I never did with my 4S whether it was on iOS 6 or iOS 7 nor my iPhone5S on AT&T). I had 4G LTE with AT&T on my 4S AND 5S (both were on iOS 7) (which was absolutely faster than Verizon, BTW) so I don't want to hear anything about stuff downloading faster and needing to adjust my usage or settings. I use GMail, which has no out box and there are no draft emails either so that's not it. I'm also not going to turn my smartphone into a dumb phone because this issue, the one that "doesn't exist" but has threads on VZW's own forum going back over a year, can't be sorted out. I'll give it a couple of more days but as much as I hate them, I'll probably have to move to an Android phone to resolve this. Maybe I'll be able to talk and use the internet again too...  This is absolutely an issue with the Verizon iPhone 5/5C/5S.
I had to port over after being stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage. I had an iPhone 4S then 5S with AT&T and NEVER had a date issue. I've had my Verizon iPhone 5S for less than a week and ... See more...
I had to port over after being stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage. I had an iPhone 4S then 5S with AT&T and NEVER had a date issue. I've had my Verizon iPhone 5S for less than a week and have already burned my ENTIRE 2GB of data. They're going to get a call tomorrow and I'll likely be swapping my phone out as well. This is ridiculous.
Hello, I was recently stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage which required me to port to Verizon. Ever since the port I can't receive texts except from Verizon about account changes and u... See more...
Hello, I was recently stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage which required me to port to Verizon. Ever since the port I can't receive texts except from Verizon about account changes and updates. I called the support line and the lady I spoke to reset something on her end and had me power cycle my phone after powering down my old phone. After that I am now able to get FB account updates via text as well as system texts from Verizon. I still cannot, however, receive texts from my wife, who is still with AT&T until she moves here. She has a Galaxy S4. I also can't receive texts from my salesperson who has a Verizon iPhone. I can text myself and that will go through pretty much instantly. I have tried this with iMessage turned on or off. My salesperson did say that iMessage had to be off or there could be issues. I didn't get that turned off before the port started, apparently, but I'm not sure if that's the real cause. AT&T customer service said to try waiting 24-hours and restarting to see if that helps. I'll try that and resetting the network settings. I need to be able to stay in contact with my wife as she's two states away. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Paul