Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,917 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

LukeTech's Posts

basspro wrote: "I'm wondering if they are going to let all the customers upgrade for free for the ones that have the 1st storm like AT&T did with the iphone???? "   When did AT&T do this... See more...
  basspro wrote: "I'm wondering if they are going to let all the customers upgrade for free for the ones that have the 1st storm like AT&T did with the iphone???? "   When did AT&T do this?     AT&T did not, it was Apple. Just after the 3G version of the phone came out, it caused an uproar with customers who bought the original iPhone just before the new one came out. This was when the price was not subsidized and people paid full price AND a 2 year contract to own ain iPhone.
Pretty cool! You learn something new everyday.
I agree it takes a long time for the BB to load up! I hope I never have to make a call during that time...   As for checking what applications are running, press and hold the menu (RIM) button,... See more...
I agree it takes a long time for the BB to load up! I hope I never have to make a call during that time...   As for checking what applications are running, press and hold the menu (RIM) button, the one with 7 dots on the front of the phone. You can then switch to other applications.
Consider this. Buy the Droid at promo price as an addiitonal family-share line. Swap the numbers to get your phone number on the Droid. Let a friend or family member use your other line to ride o... See more...
Consider this. Buy the Droid at promo price as an addiitonal family-share line. Swap the numbers to get your phone number on the Droid. Let a friend or family member use your other line to ride out the contract.
I've used MS Windows Mobile for about two or three years up to version 6.1 I will never EVER go back to it. BlackBerry OS is far superior, and though I have only touched the Droid for about five ... See more...
I've used MS Windows Mobile for about two or three years up to version 6.1 I will never EVER go back to it. BlackBerry OS is far superior, and though I have only touched the Droid for about five minutes (don't ask), it's very impressive.
  billjrichard wrote: For the tech savy type, there is Apps2sd which allows you to install & run your apps from the 16gb SD memory.   I was just about to speculate that someone would ev... See more...
  billjrichard wrote: For the tech savy type, there is Apps2sd which allows you to install & run your apps from the 16gb SD memory.   I was just about to speculate that someone would eventually write an application that would solve this issue. Isn't open source amazing?  
StreetDocRN: I secont that! Otherwise, I would be asking Microsoft where my discount is for being a Vista early adopter... Charter Communications (@Home, remember that?) for being an early adopte... See more...
StreetDocRN: I secont that! Otherwise, I would be asking Microsoft where my discount is for being a Vista early adopter... Charter Communications (@Home, remember that?) for being an early adopter of a cable modem service that was less than stellar. Panasonic for buying a plasma TV (which I love) for $1800 more than I could buy one today. I wouldn't blame them for saying no, they're not charities.   Didn't Apple/ATT have the same issue with the iPhone when they launched the 3G version?   From what I have learned, techonology is not an "investment." When you pull the trigger on a decision, expect something bigger and better to be available tomorrow or one day after a return policy expires.   Speaking of discount, I wonder how many wireless phone users don't get a discount when buying a phone. How many acutally pay full price for it?
Check vzam.net, I see a download available for the USB-760. This may be the ticket to get it up and running.
I got this working once, but used Windows XP to manage the connection and not VZAccess Manager.   Here are the configuration steps:   Network Connections> New connection wizard Connect to in... See more...
I got this working once, but used Windows XP to manage the connection and not VZAccess Manager.   Here are the configuration steps:   Network Connections> New connection wizard Connect to internet Set up manually dial-up modem (select the Bluetooth modem) Name it whatever you like Phone number is #777 The username is yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com The password is vzw3g.com   The reason why I didn't stick with this is because the throughput available on an EVDO connection is greater than Bluetooth, you'll only get around 800kbps (or so) over Bluetooth.
SMTP is the simple outgoing mail protocol. Verizon used to have a "public" SMTP server which you could send messages through, but no longer has it. I've had issues using Charter over an EVDO mode... See more...
SMTP is the simple outgoing mail protocol. Verizon used to have a "public" SMTP server which you could send messages through, but no longer has it. I've had issues using Charter over an EVDO modem as well. What worked for me is using GMail over IMAP (a more robust, feature-rich mail protocol than SMTP). This way, you can send/receive through GMail which can, internally, send/receive through Charter.   Good luck.
Wow! Anything over -104dbm (numeric, higher number = lower power) is the limit of CDMA. Phone's aren't designed to operate in such lower power environment... this is picowatts we're talking about... See more...
Wow! Anything over -104dbm (numeric, higher number = lower power) is the limit of CDMA. Phone's aren't designed to operate in such lower power environment... this is picowatts we're talking about.   As for coverage in general, no wireless company can provide perfect coverage everywhere (yet). VZW does have the best overall, IMO, but others may be able to server you better in that dead area. Luckily, they all have trial periods for just such situations.
Install the VZAccess Manager software FIRST, then plug the USB760 into your desktop PC. When you step through the installation, it'll walk you through this.   What specifically is happening?
Just to make sure we're clear on what you mean by multilink, are you referring to the use of two modems to "bundle" the separate data pipes together into one? I have spent hours in the past resea... See more...
Just to make sure we're clear on what you mean by multilink, are you referring to the use of two modems to "bundle" the separate data pipes together into one? I have spent hours in the past researching this and what I have learned is that modems in this type of setup need to connect directly to modems on the "far end" which are configured for multilinking. Data devices connect directly to VZW's network, and that network doesn't support multilinking. The receiving modem is inside the cell site.   IF you had dial-up modems on a far end which were capable of multilinking, a data device wouldn't be able to dial directly into them as the data device isn't a real v.34 (an example) modem so they would not be able to negotiate a connection.
When you say that you have no other programs open, do you mean that the Task Manager shows nothing except the very basic processes running? The Task manager's "Networking" tab shows the various a... See more...
When you say that you have no other programs open, do you mean that the Task Manager shows nothing except the very basic processes running? The Task manager's "Networking" tab shows the various adapters' usage in real time and a short historical view. Though you didn't state, Windows has a sneaky habit of running background processes/services that do whatever they want without informing you.   Use that networking tab in the Task Manager and consider finding a program called "NetPerSec" which also shows real-time network usage.
This sound like a painful reminder of how technology makes life easier and more difficult at the same time. I think the only recourse you have is to figure out what the roaming data charges are o... See more...
This sound like a painful reminder of how technology makes life easier and more difficult at the same time. I think the only recourse you have is to figure out what the roaming data charges are of the carrier in India and offer VZW the "actual" cost of your usage. Speaking of actual usage, VZW should provide you with exact time/date/kB billed.   I agree with the other posts regarding completely removing the data device. Otherwise, you can disable it in the device manager or Lenovo's "radio management" software which is invoked from the keyboard. It may not have been VZAccess Manager that dialed out, it may have been the OS connecting for automatic updates or something similar.
It is difficult to say based on the description. Usually, there's a good reason for losing a call such as RF loss, high error rate or something of the like.
Correct.
jimfitzgerald wrote: Affordable health care for everyone in this country should be a right, but not wireless broadband.  Government intervention is not the answer.  Supply and demand, competi... See more...
jimfitzgerald wrote: Affordable health care for everyone in this country should be a right, but not wireless broadband.  Government intervention is not the answer.  Supply and demand, competition, and free enterprise market forces will fix the problem. I agree, but with the rate of consolidation competition is lacking.
To ensure the BSOD display stays up: Right-click on My Computer on the desktop or in the Start Menu, choose Properties Click the Advanced tab Click the Settings button in the Startup and Recov... See more...
To ensure the BSOD display stays up: Right-click on My Computer on the desktop or in the Start Menu, choose Properties Click the Advanced tab Click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery area near the bottom of the window Make sure "Automatically restart" is unchecked Ok on all windows saves the setting
I agree with SuzyQ. You may need to set up an account on vzwpix.com for messages to get through. Also, you can research the native resolution of your screen and resize the image to that for a perf... See more...
I agree with SuzyQ. You may need to set up an account on vzwpix.com for messages to get through. Also, you can research the native resolution of your screen and resize the image to that for a perfect fit.