I noticed yesterday and today that at Market/Fremont I know get 3 bars of LTE.  It is also working with my test showing a ping time of 46 ms and down/up at 6mb/s.  Thank you verizon!!
I've heard nothing.  My experience with the trouble tickets is they close them and don't tell the user who opened them that they closed them or a final status.  I went through about 3 cycles of o... Ver más...
I've heard nothing.  My experience with the trouble tickets is they close them and don't tell the user who opened them that they closed them or a final status.  I went through about 3 cycles of opening a ticket and not hearing anything before calling them to learn the ticket was closed and everything was reported as "working okay".  That's when I gave up on opening new tickets.
This is likely our issue, published yesterday: Verizon Wireless's chief financial officer Fran Shammo said today that customers are seeing lower data speeds due to "capacity constraints" in bi... Ver más...
This is likely our issue, published yesterday: Verizon Wireless's chief financial officer Fran Shammo said today that customers are seeing lower data speeds due to "capacity constraints" in big cities, a rare admission for the carrier. The rapid growth of data usage is outpacing infrastructure in cities such as New York, San Francisco, and Chicago, Shammo said at a conference today. http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/12/5097454/verizons-wireless-network-is-straining-under-demand-in-big-cities
I got my iPhone 5s in September and was really surprised at how spotty the network was in SF.  My home in the Inner Sunset neighborhood had zero LTE coverage.  I just noticed this weekend that th... Ver más...
I got my iPhone 5s in September and was really surprised at how spotty the network was in SF.  My home in the Inner Sunset neighborhood had zero LTE coverage.  I just noticed this weekend that things have changed, so at least we know Verizon is actively making changes (way to go!).  I still have lots of issues at Market and Beale though; at the heart of the downtown area and LTE barely functions.  Oddly if I go underground into the Embarcardero train stop I get 5 bars.  Just nothing on the street level. Verizon, any updates on fixing this area?  It'd be great if you took some credit for changes you are making, at least we know our complaints are being actively addressed (and most of us will recognize that you can't fix everything at once).
Duplicate post - please see: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1019014#1019014 Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I was told on the phone today that they were "tuning" and setting up cell sites in the area and expected to make progress by the end of the month.  I'm not holding my breath.  t2mobile, I'm curio... Ver más...
I was told on the phone today that they were "tuning" and setting up cell sites in the area and expected to make progress by the end of the month.  I'm not holding my breath.  t2mobile, I'm curious when you bought your devices?  I am out of my 14 day window, but just got a 5s.  I think my ETF would be like $450, not sure they would let me get away with that?  It seems AT&T has much better coverage in SF from what I can see, although once I leave a city I'm sure I'll be cursing myself for not having Verizon.
I went from a 4 to a 5s. I live in San Francisco - tech capital of the world. LTE coverage is really spotty, my biggest complaint is the phone will try to hold into LTE that doesn't work at all (... Ver más...
I went from a 4 to a 5s. I live in San Francisco - tech capital of the world. LTE coverage is really spotty, my biggest complaint is the phone will try to hold into LTE that doesn't work at all (overcrowded?), instead of moving to 3G. Replacement 5s was no better for me, I wonder if it could just be design of phone
I have tried reset network settings, resetting the entire phone, and even convinced Apple to swap out my brand new phone for another one because I was in complete denial that your LTE service cou... Ver más...
I have tried reset network settings, resetting the entire phone, and even convinced Apple to swap out my brand new phone for another one because I was in complete denial that your LTE service could be this bad (your 3g service was/is awesome). Also, I beg to differ about open tickets.  I went to your Verizon store at 199 Pine Street in SF and was told quite simply that the service didn't work around the store and that they had a ticket open.  It'd be great if you could call your own employees and confirm that I'm not making the poor service up. 
I learned today that my ticket never got opened, despite them saying they would do so and then email me the ticket #'s.  Called back today and spoke with a very helpful rep who seems to have fina... Ver más...
I learned today that my ticket never got opened, despite them saying they would do so and then email me the ticket #'s.  Called back today and spoke with a very helpful rep who seems to have finally taken ownership of these issues.  She opened a new ticket for me and we'll see what they say. In other news, Verizon finally acknowledged an issue in this forum post!  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1004741#1004741 Hi wootang12, We certainly appreciate the details relating to your service. Having the best speeds is definitely important. Upon review of the area I do show that our engineers are aware of data speed issues in your location. We're currently investigating the issue and evaluating improvement locations for the data issues at hand, thanks! MatthewS_VZW VZW Support Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT
That's funny, the Verizon store on Pine Street in San Francisco also doesn't have working phones.  You'd think if any place would have a working signal it would be in a store.
I live in 94122, work in 94105.  I have an iPhone 5s.  I experience the issues in 94122 at all hours, but I'm only in 94105 during business hours. The "peak" times you mentioned are pretty much t... Ver más...
I live in 94122, work in 94105.  I have an iPhone 5s.  I experience the issues in 94122 at all hours, but I'm only in 94105 during business hours. The "peak" times you mentioned are pretty much the entire day (I'm usually only awake 7am -11pm). It's not only bad while on the train, but also while waiting for the train to arrive or while sitting on a train that isn't moving (the train is above ground).  I've also experienced flaky behavior near 94129 last weekend (5 bars but no download possible).
Finally, an acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is not me making this up or an issue with my phone.  Thank you Matthew, it is appreciated (no sarcasm).  Do you have any idea on ti... Ver más...
Finally, an acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is not me making this up or an issue with my phone.  Thank you Matthew, it is appreciated (no sarcasm).  Do you have any idea on timelines to fix this?  I'm still within my 14 day return window and would prefer to have service that works.  Unfortunately, as of now, LTE generally doesn't work at my home, office, or on most of the path between the two while I'm on the N Judah train.   I would have to assume SF is one of your largest markets, it's not like I'm complaining from some random town in the middle of the country.
Verizon, I have yet to have anyone, either on the customer service line, on this forum, or on your twitter account acknowledge that you have a problem with your network in San Francisco.  Is that... Ver más...
Verizon, I have yet to have anyone, either on the customer service line, on this forum, or on your twitter account acknowledge that you have a problem with your network in San Francisco.  Is that something you can do or am I just imagining that everyday in the same spots my phone doesn't work?  Reading a response from Verizon in another post about loyalty to customers (I've been a customer for ~10 years), I'd like you see some positive action showing how great your customer service is. From this post:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806121 We value all of our loyal customers! That's why we continue to invest billions of dollars each year into our network and customer support to ensure you have the very best experience! and Why would you want to leave us and sacrifice the quality of the best network and customer support?
I also had tickets opened along Irving Street in the Inner Sunset, along Carl Street, along Duboce Ave, and along Market Street (all mostly where the N Judah goes).  >>Post edited to remov... Ver más...
I also had tickets opened along Irving Street in the Inner Sunset, along Carl Street, along Duboce Ave, and along Market Street (all mostly where the N Judah goes).  >>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator if you have concerns about moderation.<< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
We aren't doing anything fancy, just visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and download the app for free.
I called up today and had tickets opened; all areas where I regularly get 2-4 bars of service and download speeds of less than 0.50 mb/s.    The guy said these areas are listed as having good cov... Ver más...
I called up today and had tickets opened; all areas where I regularly get 2-4 bars of service and download speeds of less than 0.50 mb/s.    The guy said these areas are listed as having good coverage and these tickets usually get addressed in 48-72 hours.  I'd be shocked if that happens, but hopefully somebody at Verizon starts listening and taking action.  They also told me it is ticket  >>removed<<  that was opened on 9/17 for the location immediately in front of the Pine Street Verizon Store (that one still makes me laugh). I'd encourage everyone to call and complain as well, that's the only way we might get a reasonable response. >> Personal information removed to comply with the << Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I just went to the Verizon store nearby on Pine Street.  The service immediately out front was 0.06 mb/s down.  I walked into the store and asked the friendly guys working there if they had issue... Ver más...
I just went to the Verizon store nearby on Pine Street.  The service immediately out front was 0.06 mb/s down.  I walked into the store and asked the friendly guys working there if they had issues.  They agree the service doesn't really work in the area, they claimed that network engineers were aware of the problem.  It's pretty funny when Verizon service doesn't even work in their own stores!!!!  Now if only Verizon would own up to the issues "officially" and commit to a date when it will be fixed before I take my business elsewhere.
please include me as well if possible.
same issues here in SF.  Completly unusable.
I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5s.  It's my first LTE device.  Looking at the coverage map Verizon provides here, they have very extensive LTE data coverage in San Francisco (the e... Ver más...
I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5s.  It's my first LTE device.  Looking at the coverage map Verizon provides here, they have very extensive LTE data coverage in San Francisco (the entire city is covered).  Yet, in many locations around the city my phone will show 2-4 bars of LTE but when I go to use the data it pretty much doesn't work.  This happens at multiple times and in multiple locations, and I've already tried a different SIM card and a different phone as well.  The most frustrating part is that usually if I go into my settings and shut off LTE I will get significantly faster 3g speeds, yet my phone doesn't do that automatically because it thinks it has a good LTE signal.  Why in a tech city like San Francisco is Verizon not aware of these issues and actively doing something about it? I've seen these issues along Irving Street (between 9th and 2nd), around Carl/Stanyon, along Mason street in the Presidio, and all over the financial district (especially near Embarcardero Station). This is what it looks like when this happens (I could share about 30x of these from the past week all over the city).  This was taken on 9/30 at Fremont/Market.