Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,582 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

flutterfly8497's Posts

Whenever I get a rebate or gift card, I make a point of checking if there is an expiration date. Sorry, but that's on you. You didn't know because you didn't think it was important enough or wha... See more...
Whenever I get a rebate or gift card, I make a point of checking if there is an expiration date. Sorry, but that's on you. You didn't know because you didn't think it was important enough or whatever, and now you're stuck with a worthless piece of plastic. I'll bet you'll check next time.
It's a customer forum. If a rep is going to chime in, they typically wait a couple of days. If you want a quick response from a Verizon rep, this isn't the place.
As a side note, the coverage through Verizon is from Asurion, and the information on the deductible and coverage are available here: http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/tnc/ASVZW-710_TMP_WebReady.pd... See more...
As a side note, the coverage through Verizon is from Asurion, and the information on the deductible and coverage are available here: http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/tnc/ASVZW-710_TMP_WebReady.pdf
If you were told it was an "administrative fee" rather than a deductible, it was probably a third party retailer with their own protection plan. If that is the case, Verizon is not the one you s... See more...
If you were told it was an "administrative fee" rather than a deductible, it was probably a third party retailer with their own protection plan. If that is the case, Verizon is not the one you should be complaining to; the store or kiosk is. If you don't know if it's a corporate store or a retailer, you can enter your zip code in the "find a store" search on the home page, and it will tell you if it was indeed a corporate store or an authorized retailer. It can be very hard to tell the difference, as many retailers sell service and equipment for a single provider. You should probably check out the deductibles on your home, car, and health insurance, too...so when you are presented with a hospital bill you are not surprised with having to pay it, while the hospital "shrugs its shoulders."
You would have to pay the remaining balance on all of the devices. If you're on Edge, you don't have a service contract, but you do have a payment contract.
You can switch your prepaid line to postpaid and get a smartphone while keeping your prepaid number, but it won't be added to your home service account. You would create a Verizon Wireless accou... See more...
You can switch your prepaid line to postpaid and get a smartphone while keeping your prepaid number, but it won't be added to your home service account. You would create a Verizon Wireless account for the smartphone, and choose from the current postpaid plans. As already mentioned, the service for a smartphone is more expensive than that for a basic phone, but if you plan on using your home wifi service to connect your smartphone to, you can save money with a smaller data allowance. There isn't any email for customer support anymore. You can call, chat, or go to a store for assistance.
You can upgrade your phone as you normally would, but it sounds like you upgraded a year ago. If you had a contract with that upgrade, you can't get a discount on an upgrade again until you fini... See more...
You can upgrade your phone as you normally would, but it sounds like you upgraded a year ago. If you had a contract with that upgrade, you can't get a discount on an upgrade again until you finish the contract.  Were you specifically promised immediate upgrade eligibility with the plan change, or was it an assurance that you could still upgrade as before. There is a big difference between the two.
You won't get a refund for the month already paid for either. It's quite clear in the prepaid terms and conditions that you won't get any refunds past the 14 day guarantee period:  "If you s... See more...
You won't get a refund for the month already paid for either. It's quite clear in the prepaid terms and conditions that you won't get any refunds past the 14 day guarantee period:  "If you signed up for Prepaid Service, no refunds will be granted after 14 days or if your account has been activated." That seems pretty clear to me.
It doesn't look like prepaid service is going to work for you where you are. There are a very few countries it will work in for calling and texting, but data service won't work at all internatio... See more...
It doesn't look like prepaid service is going to work for you where you are. There are a very few countries it will work in for calling and texting, but data service won't work at all internationally. Check out the info here http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/prepaid/international-in-us.html to see the list of countries and rates. You should never assume service will work internationally....ALWAYS check service availability BEFORE you leave the country.  Turn off autopay until you return and check into local prepaid options in Lebanon.
You could take his phone away.
I don't think you are clear on the definition of integrity, either, because you continue to make the accusation with zero explanation. IN WHAT WAY, specifically, is Verizon demonstrating a lack ... See more...
I don't think you are clear on the definition of integrity, either, because you continue to make the accusation with zero explanation. IN WHAT WAY, specifically, is Verizon demonstrating a lack of integrity? You want to get a different deal for a phone you got months ago...do you also want to start making monthly payments on it? The reason for the reduced access fee is because customers on these new plans are not getting free or discounted phones. They will pay at least $20 per month for their devices, which adds that $20 "access fee discount " to a different place on their bill, that's all. Same bill, different itemization.
You still aren't actually expounding on why you accuse them of lacking integrity. What precisely are they doing wrong? Where is integrity lacking? You don't answer because you can't. Your compla... See more...
You still aren't actually expounding on why you accuse them of lacking integrity. What precisely are they doing wrong? Where is integrity lacking? You don't answer because you can't. Your complaint is exactly that. A complaint. Not even a valid one, either, since it has been pointed out that the deal you are upset about has more to it than you think, or are willing to admit. As far as your company or business, why would you create a contract with a term of one year that has no penalty for early exit? What is the point? I have never seen any company with leases or contracts make them entirely one-sided in the customer's favor. Even with that, the company still doesn't have more than a 90% satisfaction rating? Must be lacking somewhere.
Well, there is that... 🙂
Honestly, for me at least, I couldn't care less if you cost Verizon piles of money in domestic roaming. Why should I, rcschnoor, or any other customer care about that? When you got Verizon servi... See more...
Honestly, for me at least, I couldn't care less if you cost Verizon piles of money in domestic roaming. Why should I, rcschnoor, or any other customer care about that? When you got Verizon service, you were given a deal current at that time. You are now accusing Verizon of having no integrity because they didn't offer you a deal that didn't exist. That simply is not an example of poor integrity. Do what you want with your service, no one cares.  However, if we're being completely honest, wouldn't placing a random call simply to exploit your free domestic roaming be showing a real lack of integrity? Integrity: doing the right thing even when no one is looking. Food for thought.
New plans and deals are rolled out all the time, by every single seller of every single thing in the world. A few months ago the plan offered NOW wasn't available because it didn't exist yet. An... See more...
New plans and deals are rolled out all the time, by every single seller of every single thing in the world. A few months ago the plan offered NOW wasn't available because it didn't exist yet. And a few months before that, the plan you're on wasn't available to offer customers. It really isn't an integrity issue...more of a market evolution issue. Still, $78 for unlimited talk and text and 1 gig of data AND an iPhone 5c is way cheaper than the plan I was offered when I joined Verizon almost 15 years ago. Back then I didn't even get a smartphone offered to me!
Why have you stayed for years if your signal is terrible? Ask around and see if another service has decent coverage. If you continue to pay for unreliable service and signal, you are the only on... See more...
Why have you stayed for years if your signal is terrible? Ask around and see if another service has decent coverage. If you continue to pay for unreliable service and signal, you are the only one to blame for that.
Asurion is the ONLY insurance Verizon offers. The deductible for Asurion is definitely not $40...but $40 IS the upgrade fee on a new two year contract. And it certainly does have something to do... See more...
Asurion is the ONLY insurance Verizon offers. The deductible for Asurion is definitely not $40...but $40 IS the upgrade fee on a new two year contract. And it certainly does have something to do with Asurion. If the coverage was requested via Verizon customer service, Asurion would be the underwriter. There isn't another one that provides coverage directly through Verizon. In fact, Asurion is the underwriter for nearly every cell phone insurance offered by the carrier. Having said that, if you went to an indirect retailer and THEY offered coverage through them, your issue is with the store you made the purchase and request. Third party retailers do sometimes offer their own plans, with different terms and procedures than Verizon. You MUST return to the store where the original purchase was made to submit a claim. No matter how many times you call Verizon, they can't see a policy like that because they did not offer or sell it to you; and they certainly can't file a claim on your behalf. Find out WHO EXACTLY is the insurance underwriter by going back to where you bought the phones. One thing that strikes me off is that if you were indeed told in-store you could add insurance to your other line, I would assume you bought that phone at the same store. Another thing since you said it is an iPhone 5c you want to make a claim on...is it AppleCare you wanted? Or who is the actual insurance company on the info provided at the time of sale?
You have to put insurance on your lines within 30 days of purchase, UNLESS you do it during an open enrollment period, which I think is usually in the spring. Of course, the rep should have told... See more...
You have to put insurance on your lines within 30 days of purchase, UNLESS you do it during an open enrollment period, which I think is usually in the spring. Of course, the rep should have told you this at the time you requested it, but it is the underwriter (Asurion) who establishes these terms. If the rep had added it to the line, Asurion would have denied coverage and it would have been removed, just as Asurion has coverage removed from lines with two claims in one year. Perhaps the rep added it and it was removed other by Asurion, so the rep thought it had been added. In any case, it's pretty unlikely you will get any sort of compensation here. Whenever I change something on my account, I check My Verizon the day the change is to take effect, so if there is any kind of issue with it I can deal with it promptly.  Even if you had insurance, there is a deductible and I believe it is $199 for iPhones, so you would have had to pay that anyway. An expensive lesson all around.
Sometimes new customers get better deals, but as pointed out, they are one-time/limited time offers, and there are ALWAYS small print conditions.  When you see a T-Mobile commercial saying you ca... See more...
Sometimes new customers get better deals, but as pointed out, they are one-time/limited time offers, and there are ALWAYS small print conditions.  When you see a T-Mobile commercial saying you can come in their store and walk out with a new iPhone 6 "free," do you honestly think T-Mobile is giving away iPhones? They aren't.  "No money down," "zero due at signing," and other such language lures customers in.  Go into T-Mobile and ask if the iPhone is absolutely, forever free (aside from paying for service).  An honest rep will tell you it is NOT FREE.  You can get it, activate it, and start using it that day without paying any money up front, but you will pay for that phone.  To look only at the huge print on the commercial or billboard is silly.  We all know how the world works.  It isn't false advertising, it's smart advertising.  They get you into the store, or calling customer service, with the flashy, brief commercials and ads you see, but that's only the beginning.  I have been had Verizon cell service for almost 15 years, and rarely have had an issue that took more than one or two calls or store visits to rectify. This is because I know what I want and what I don't before I make a change or purchase.
You can switch to the new plan any time (or not), but only those customers out of contract can get the additional discount off the access fee.  STILL, as pointed out, although the plan appears to... See more...
You can switch to the new plan any time (or not), but only those customers out of contract can get the additional discount off the access fee.  STILL, as pointed out, although the plan appears to be cheaper, it DOESN'T include the cost of the phone.  If you keep going with the one you have, you can get that discount.  If you buy full retail or used, you can get that discount.  If you buy a subsidized phone and sign a contract, you DO NOT get the discount. If you use EDGE (or whatever they are calling it now), you get the discount, but you also have a monthly installment for the phone, which I believe generally is $20-$30/month depending on the phone. So you get the $20/mo discount, but now have a $20-$30/mo payment.  Essentially NO CHANGE.  And to say that new customers are the only ones being offered cheaper plans and deals is absolutely not true.  When you fulfill the contract you, as a consenting, informed adult ALREADY AGREED TO, you can change plans and start getting that virtually nonexistent discount the new customers are getting now.  If you feel there is no justifiable reason for you to keep your promises (when they no longer benefit you to the extent you want), why would you expect Verizon to cut you a deal? You pay for service, you get service.  You buy a phone on contract, you finish it.  It isn't about loyalty, or paying your bill (which customers are supposed to do, on time, EVERY month).  It's about a business deal that both sides need to be held to.  Do the math before freaking out.  One more point...when you go to another company who advertises they will pay off your ETF, remember it is UP TO $350/line (so if you have a $100 ETF you aren't getting a $250 payday), and you have to pay the ETF, present proof of payment to your new carrier, and then wait for a giftcard in the specified amount.  You won't walk into Sprint with Verizon phones and walk out with a handful of cash and new free phones.