Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,147 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

flutterfly8497's Posts

No, most carriers have stopped "free" upgrades. Most are also trying to get away from contracts and subsidized devices altogether, making it more challenging to go the old contract route. Instea... See more...
No, most carriers have stopped "free" upgrades. Most are also trying to get away from contracts and subsidized devices altogether, making it more challenging to go the old contract route. Instead we see more device payment plans and purchase of used devices from other places like eBay to keep cost down. No service contract cell service is the direction the industry is moving in, not the other way around.
Oh! I didn't know that, snn5! The last time my husband tried to download the app on his Galaxy 4 he couldn't find it in the play store. Thanks for the update! My husband will be happy to hear th... See more...
Oh! I didn't know that, snn5! The last time my husband tried to download the app on his Galaxy 4 he couldn't find it in the play store. Thanks for the update! My husband will be happy to hear that, too! 🙂
I believe HBO GO can only be streamed on Apple products via the app. You could try going to the full site through your browser, but the app is currently available through iTunes and compatible o... See more...
I believe HBO GO can only be streamed on Apple products via the app. You could try going to the full site through your browser, but the app is currently available through iTunes and compatible only with Apple devices.
The reasoning that "I didn't know because I have paperless billing" is absurd. Paperless doesn't mean the bill doesn't exist, or that it is unavailable to view. In fact, paperless makes it more ... See more...
The reasoning that "I didn't know because I have paperless billing" is absurd. Paperless doesn't mean the bill doesn't exist, or that it is unavailable to view. In fact, paperless makes it more accessible! You can look at it anywhere at any time.  You just cannot claim ignorance and place all blame with Verizon. It's YOUR bill. Glance at it at least occasionally.
They want the phone in a condition in which it can be resold. Would you buy a phone from Verizon with a cracked screen, as long as it still works? I wouldn't. This isn't a "true bait & switch," ... See more...
They want the phone in a condition in which it can be resold. Would you buy a phone from Verizon with a cracked screen, as long as it still works? I wouldn't. This isn't a "true bait & switch," either. Bait & switch is advertising a product on sale then coercing the buyer to purchase something more expensive by making the original product unavailable or saying it is sold out.
You will see where the month in advance charge is refunded on your next bill, IF you changed your plan back now. Did you make the plan change retroactively? If you set the change to take effect ... See more...
You will see where the month in advance charge is refunded on your next bill, IF you changed your plan back now. Did you make the plan change retroactively? If you set the change to take effect the day you requested the change, then you were given a credit for the old plan, a charge for the new plan, and the month in advance. If you changed it back effective the first day of your NEXT bill cycle, the following bill will have a credit for the higher plan, and a charge for the lower one, meaning that as long as you changed back EFFECTIVE the first day of your bill cycle, you will end up with a credit, and the normal month in advance charge for the original plan. No need to wait until you close your account, unless you are closing it before your next bill generates.
Your phone is warranteed by the manufacturer, in this case, Motorola. Accessories like cases, screen protectors, etc. are under warranty from the manufacturer of those products. Verizon doesn't ... See more...
Your phone is warranteed by the manufacturer, in this case, Motorola. Accessories like cases, screen protectors, etc. are under warranty from the manufacturer of those products. Verizon doesn't manufacture phones or accessories, with the possible exception of the Ellipsis tablet. That is Verizon branded but I don't have a clue who actually MAKES them. Therefore, Verizon doesn't set the terms of the warranty for Motorola, Samsung, Apple, or any other company. Those companies issue a warranty that Verizon then facilitates, much like a clinic or hospital handles your insurance claims, but doesn't underwrite the insurance itself.
I have never been swindled out of a rebate card, even from Verizon. If I don't get it when I should (whatever timeframe was given), I make myself the most annoying customer until I do. And that ... See more...
I have never been swindled out of a rebate card, even from Verizon. If I don't get it when I should (whatever timeframe was given), I make myself the most annoying customer until I do. And that is because I DO realize they count on a huge amount of these cards to never be used. I'm not afraid to go full obnoxious if necessary!
Centurylink will suspend for six months, but mostly because they have a LOT of snowbirds making up their customer base.
This is a customer forum. "Corporate" will not respond to you here. You need to communicate, in writing, via the address in the "Contact Us" link on the home page.
You can try putting it in rice, but if it went through a whole cycle it's probably done. If you have insurance on the phone, use it...otherwise, you could buy a gently used phone or reactivate a... See more...
You can try putting it in rice, but if it went through a whole cycle it's probably done. If you have insurance on the phone, use it...otherwise, you could buy a gently used phone or reactivate an old phone.
You can't just take it to a store and swap it, because the insurance isn't provided by Verizon, it's from Asurion. You have to make a claim, then a phone will be shipped to you, and you have to ... See more...
You can't just take it to a store and swap it, because the insurance isn't provided by Verizon, it's from Asurion. You have to make a claim, then a phone will be shipped to you, and you have to send in the broken one. A store could maybe wipe your phone, but they don't handle the insurance.
If I am understanding your post correctly, you are going to demonstrate your loyalty by flipping out and switching providers the first time you have to pay overage. Doesn't matter if you pay you... See more...
If I am understanding your post correctly, you are going to demonstrate your loyalty by flipping out and switching providers the first time you have to pay overage. Doesn't matter if you pay your bills on time (you're supposed to do that, you know), or if you have never gone over before (evidently you did last month), you are not a more important customer than anyone else, and you aren't entitled to special treatment. Well done on demonstrating your loyalty, though.  Before you accuse me of it, which is the common response when fellow customers disagree with an angry poster, NO, I don't work for Verizon in any capacity. Never have and never will.
You might have been "pre approved," then the credit check results required a deposit. It's the same with a pre approved credit card; after you apply and a credit check is done you can't get the ... See more...
You might have been "pre approved," then the credit check results required a deposit. It's the same with a pre approved credit card; after you apply and a credit check is done you can't get the card or have different terms like interest or credit limit. The only way to avoid a deposit with something like this is to go prepaid.
Loyalty to a corporation is ridiculous. Of course Verizon is not loyal to you. They provide a service in exchange for money, that's it. You're not BFFs. It is a business relationship. Claims of ... See more...
Loyalty to a corporation is ridiculous. Of course Verizon is not loyal to you. They provide a service in exchange for money, that's it. You're not BFFs. It is a business relationship. Claims of loyalty imply you would stay DESPITE the price increase. Seeing as how Verizon has provided you with unlimited data for soooooo long without increasing the price, don't you owe them that for being such a LOYAL provider to you in a rapidly changing market? No? Funny, the shoe doesn't feel right on the other foot, does it?
Loyalty has a price now? I have been with Verizon for 14 years, a smartphone user for (only) four, so because I didn't jump on the smartphone train right away I am less loyal? No, loyalty with a... See more...
Loyalty has a price now? I have been with Verizon for 14 years, a smartphone user for (only) four, so because I didn't jump on the smartphone train right away I am less loyal? No, loyalty with a price tag is not loyalty. It's leverage, to you, it seems. Maybe your loyalty can be bought, but mine can't. I stay with Verizon because I get the service I want at a price I find reasonable. It's not loyalty, it's basic economics.
You are aware that this is a customer forum, not customer service, right?  Verizon employees generally wait a couple of days to respond, which allows other community members (i.e. customers) to t... See more...
You are aware that this is a customer forum, not customer service, right?  Verizon employees generally wait a couple of days to respond, which allows other community members (i.e. customers) to try and help first.  Of course, it's quite common for angry people to insist everyone who disagrees with them is a Verizon employee on the DL.  Believe what you want, but some people really do enjoy helping others, without financial compensation.  But being a "good Samaritan" isn't for everyone, it seems. Either you came here for actual advice and assistance (again, from other customers; I feel I CANNOT say this enough), or you came here to rant and pick fights.  If it's the former, then take the comments above as constructive.  If it's the latter, let everyone know so no one else joins a pointless rant by someone who is looking for a place to vent rage.
P.S. I am not a Verizon employee either. This is a community forum for customers, as you surely found out when you set up your profile.
Ooo, ninja'd!
Most customer service call centers are for INBOUND calls, and reps are not allowed to call out, particularly to another rep. Call centers are also sometimes in totally different parts of the cou... See more...
Most customer service call centers are for INBOUND calls, and reps are not allowed to call out, particularly to another rep. Call centers are also sometimes in totally different parts of the country, so the rep is probably telling the truth when they say the don't know John Smith or whoever. I spent five years working in call centers in high school and college, (no, not Verizon) and if I had ANY ability to reach out to another non-management/supervisory rep, it was via email. While this situation sucks, it is, in fact, stated on the Customer Agreement that: This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this agreement, this agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state. Verizon isn't going to cut your bill in half because a rep said your bill would be $50, and they don't have to. I'm not saying I think that is right or that I agree with it, but it's the truth.  She said the plan would be $50, and it is. Unfortunately, the plan doesn't include the access fee. Plan gives you minutes, text, and data, access means you can use it.  If you keep escalating you might get them to release you from the contract without an ETF, but if that is offered or promised, be vigilant in watching that last bill to make sure you don't end up with a huge fee putting a black mark on your credit.