Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,866 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Dr_H's Posts

I got a message from VZW Support to contact them directly which I did but never heard back. I began the Pulse workaround, but got a message that Google now requires any messaging app to be cho... See more...
I got a message from VZW Support to contact them directly which I did but never heard back. I began the Pulse workaround, but got a message that Google now requires any messaging app to be chosen the default in order for it to be activated. Guess there is no solution.
Just received a Ticwatch E running Wear OS 2.2 Except for incoming text messages, all desired notifications are actively forwarded to the device from my VZW phone, Samsung Galaxy s9. I have c... See more...
Just received a Ticwatch E running Wear OS 2.2 Except for incoming text messages, all desired notifications are actively forwarded to the device from my VZW phone, Samsung Galaxy s9. I have checked Wear OS, phone, and watch settings and everything is set up to permit notifications to the watch from Message+. Researching the problem, i have heard rumors that Message+ does not play nicely with Wear OS. I thought I would have a workaround by also allowing notifications from the phone's stock messaging app, but still nothing. Thoughts?
The trial period for a third-party app I am using to mute my phone automatically during calendar events marked "busy" has ended, so I was exploring options. Various sources reported that the ... See more...
The trial period for a third-party app I am using to mute my phone automatically during calendar events marked "busy" has ended, so I was exploring options. Various sources reported that the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature in Oreo should permit an "app rule" that would automatically activate DND during calendar events marked busy, eliminating the need to manually activate/deactivate DND. However, when I access the app rules section of DND settings on my Galaxy s9, there is no apparent way to actually add a special app rule. Various articles warn that some vendors and service providers may block particular Android features. So ... does anyone one if Verizon and/or Samsung altered this feature? Or does Oreo actually have the ability to set DND to turn on/off automatically when a calendar event marked busy is occurring?
I believe this falls under the category of "toast notifications" When I first installed the app (back when it was called Messages+), the pop-up notification would appear containing the name of... See more...
I believe this falls under the category of "toast notifications" When I first installed the app (back when it was called Messages+), the pop-up notification would appear containing the name of the sender and a preview of the message content. For some time now, the message content has disappeared, the pop-up simply reports that new content is available. Is this by design? According the Windows Store, the app hasn't been updated since 2015, so I'm not sure why/how the feature could have changed. The app has all notification settings activated.
Sitting at home with all the family phones when a Wireless Emergency Alert was received. Everyone else phone chimed ... except my Samsung s7 (and Galaxy Tab s2 both) currently updated. I ... See more...
Sitting at home with all the family phones when a Wireless Emergency Alert was received. Everyone else phone chimed ... except my Samsung s7 (and Galaxy Tab s2 both) currently updated. I confirmed that the s7 has all emergency settings correctly set. I was surprised that the Tab s2 doesn't seem to have any emergency settings, though it is not a WiFi only tablet. Thoughts?
A "well ... duh" moment for me! Honestly, didn't notice that setting from the "traffic light" menu. Just checked and after setting a notification sound there, ALL current text conversations... See more...
A "well ... duh" moment for me! Honestly, didn't notice that setting from the "traffic light" menu. Just checked and after setting a notification sound there, ALL current text conversations now have the same notification tone ... which then still can be individualized if desired.
Recently upgraded to s7 (with Marshmallow) and am loving it. However, hit a snag in reconfiguring Verizon Messages. I know it is possible to set a unique tone for individual contacts, but i... See more...
Recently upgraded to s7 (with Marshmallow) and am loving it. However, hit a snag in reconfiguring Verizon Messages. I know it is possible to set a unique tone for individual contacts, but is it possible to set a default notification tone for all incoming messages (that hasn't been overridden by individually set tones)? I have scoured Messages' and the Android settings (including app manager), but can't find a way.
OK, have the Lollipop 5.0.1 - not seeing it as the best or the worst upgrade - so far, it's just an upgrade What is angering me a bit though, as was widely reported blocking (or silent) mode ... See more...
OK, have the Lollipop 5.0.1 - not seeing it as the best or the worst upgrade - so far, it's just an upgrade What is angering me a bit though, as was widely reported blocking (or silent) mode was replaced with Do Not Disturb. As was also reported, 5.0.1 returned the ability to schedule Do Not Disturb for a particular time period, for most of us - bedtime. I have set a scheduled DND period of 23:00 to 06:00, but my s4 immediately shuts down ALL sounds when activating the DND schedule. From what I can gather from The Google, this seems to be a VZW specific problem as every instructional video/webpage I've accessed doesn't properly activate the scheduled DND period. How about it VZW?