Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,679 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

queenmb's Posts

I've been with Verizon for over 18 years and a loyal Samsung customer since my Galaxy S5 and even after they recalled my Note7. But it may be time to cross over the dark side and get an iPhone fr... See more...
I've been with Verizon for over 18 years and a loyal Samsung customer since my Galaxy S5 and even after they recalled my Note7. But it may be time to cross over the dark side and get an iPhone from AT&T.  This latest Android "update" is the last straw. Why would you REMOVE awesome FUNCTIONAL features that people obviously use? 1. Night clock removed (functional) 2. Always on Display clock background - gone 3. Customize notification sounds for messages, calendar and email - gone (functional) 4. Change LED colors - gone Not to mention all the little annoying things like changing the clock font to some ugly crap, and changing how your events are highlighted on the calendar widget, and the visible line on the Edge Panel, and the many more that I could live with. But I can't sleep with that big clock but need to be able to see the edge clock when I wake up, and I need to know if what I'm getting is a text or email or alert without having to look at the phone.  These are conveniences that I'm used to, these changes are ridiculous. I am livid.
To say that I am disappointed in Verizon is an understatement. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years and have had the same unlimited plan for as long as I can remember. We were unaware that ... See more...
To say that I am disappointed in Verizon is an understatement. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years and have had the same unlimited plan for as long as I can remember. We were unaware that Verizon would no longer be honoring the existing data plan when upgrading your phone and this policy was not made clear when we purchased a new phone recently. When I noted the change to my account and called Verizon, I was given the standard customer service response “we are changing with the new market trying to keep current for our customers”, which is nonsense. As has been discussed here and all over the internet, Verizon is simply gouging their customers for more money with fewer options. They tried to indicate that other carriers do not offer unlimited and they are keeping up with the competition. The truth is that Verizon was ahead of the curve when they offered their unlimited plans during the infancy of the smartphone and now that they are so popular and commonplace with everyone needing a data plan, they see that they can charge more for less. Most mobile companies did away with the unlimited plans long ago but those of us who grandfathered in, have been elated with our service plans that new customers longed to have. Since then, customers have clamored for unlimited plans and the other providers are coming back around to give the people what they want. Unlimited, not share plans. The thought that Verizon is taking away the very plans that their customers are demanding and their competitors are giving is crazy. Verizon is well aware that their customers are unhappy as you can see by the damage control on these forums. At every turn they are closing and deleting posts and discussions that are addressing this travesty. My family, just like many others I have heard from, will be switching to a carrier with an unlimited data plan when our contracts are up. I will be sad to leave Verizon after all these years.