Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,547 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Patience_Gone's Posts

You have to sync with the server.  Login to your email from a PC and select your preference for sync services. That way when you delete an email on your phone, it puts the email in the deleted fo... See more...
You have to sync with the server.  Login to your email from a PC and select your preference for sync services. That way when you delete an email on your phone, it puts the email in the deleted folder on the server, and then the email is not re downloaded back to your phone. 
I didn't like mine either.  $70 restocking fee plus $30 activation was too much to send it back though.  
Hi darlanndries41, Sounds like you have a couple of problems.  Why are all your calls going straight to vm? Do you have your phone on Airplane or Blocking on?  To Check your Voice Mail of ... See more...
Hi darlanndries41, Sounds like you have a couple of problems.  Why are all your calls going straight to vm? Do you have your phone on Airplane or Blocking on?  To Check your Voice Mail of the S5 go to your applications and go to the app called VOICEMAIL.  If you are using Verizon's voicemail you can either view your Verizon's visual voicemail here or call to retrieve your messages and setup your mail box.  NOTE: You do not have to use Verizon for your voicemail.  Your phone comes with the free service Call Forwarding Busy No Answer.  And you can have your voicemails go to any number or service you choose. Visual Voicemail is very convenient.  You can instantly see who has left a message and select the messages you'd like to hear in any order. Here is a link to a free Visual Voicemail service.  Ive used it for years across several phone platforms. It comes with a widget for the your phone that allows you to see immediately who's called you, even if your phone is off.  HulloMail Free Smart Voicemail - Android Apps on Google Play Hope this helps
I think you are right.  The Droid Maxx is suppose to come with 32GB of internal memory and the Ultra comes with 16GB.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean about switching out the memory. The only ... See more...
I think you are right.  The Droid Maxx is suppose to come with 32GB of internal memory and the Ultra comes with 16GB.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean about switching out the memory. The only thing your SIM card will do for you is identify you and your phone on the Verizon network, and it will hold up to 250 contacts.  The Droid Maxx does not have a removable external SD card.  So to expand  your memory from 16GB to 32GB it sounds like you are considering opening up your device and dissecting it to boost its internal memory.  Yes. This would void your warranty. 
I think you might be right.  This smartphone is taking over my life. Last night I went to bed and couldn't sleep because I left the phone in the living room. What about the LG Exalt? http://... See more...
I think you might be right.  This smartphone is taking over my life. Last night I went to bed and couldn't sleep because I left the phone in the living room. What about the LG Exalt? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/cell-phone/lg-exalt?selectedContractTerm=2
It is your carrier's network.  50 within an hour is too many to send at once. You can try using a wi-fi text messaging app. Text Free Text + Plus Pinger Group text MightyText SMS Text Me... See more...
It is your carrier's network.  50 within an hour is too many to send at once. You can try using a wi-fi text messaging app. Text Free Text + Plus Pinger Group text MightyText SMS Text Messaging ↔PC Texting - Android Apps on Google Play
  >>Post removed for discussion of moderation; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<< Edited by:  Verizon Moderator
It was definitely the update. Why would you update an old phone without doing the research on the update first?
Sorry--Wrong error message.  that's the fix when you can't download anything.  Error -24 is a conflict with the destination folder on your phone. You get it when you are updating or downloadi... See more...
Sorry--Wrong error message.  that's the fix when you can't download anything.  Error -24 is a conflict with the destination folder on your phone. You get it when you are updating or downloading apps you had installed before.  Its funny, because I had this problem just today downloading WebMD.  I couldn't install it from the Play Store or from an APK file.  Since my APK file wouldnt work I knew it wasnt a problem with Google Play Store.  So clearing the cache wouldn't work.  Resetting the phone will work. Or if you phone is rooted you can delete the app file in the Data folder.  I had to go to use Root Browser and go to Home--Data-->Data--> find the app file for WebMD and delete it. 
I found that every Verizon replacement phone has issues and in general I have to get at least 2-3 every time I have to use the warranty. But if I crack a screen and have to get a phone from Asuri... See more...
I found that every Verizon replacement phone has issues and in general I have to get at least 2-3 every time I have to use the warranty. But if I crack a screen and have to get a phone from Asurion the insurance company, they work excellently. The best S4 I ever had was a refurbished one from Asurion.   
I believe you.  I have gotten mixed service from Samsung as well.  One rep is knowledgeable and aggressive to fix the problem sending me files and applications to help, and another rep acts compl... See more...
I believe you.  I have gotten mixed service from Samsung as well.  One rep is knowledgeable and aggressive to fix the problem sending me files and applications to help, and another rep acts completely ignorant. 
Have you tried using an app that goes thru wi-fi instead of the Network? Handcent, Chomp, Go text still all use the Network and you have limits on how many messages you can send thru the Network.... See more...
Have you tried using an app that goes thru wi-fi instead of the Network? Handcent, Chomp, Go text still all use the Network and you have limits on how many messages you can send thru the Network.  Text Plus Text Free Text Free: Free Texting App - Android Apps on Google Play Tango I don't remember which app does it, but one of them allows you to send using your cell phone number.  So that when recipients get the message it looks like it was sent from your cell phone instead of a random phone number. 
If you are watching ESPN or any network channel on your phone you have to log in using your cable TV  provider information.  Do you have Verizon for your cable TV?  Comcast? Dish? Direct TV?  Tim... See more...
If you are watching ESPN or any network channel on your phone you have to log in using your cable TV  provider information.  Do you have Verizon for your cable TV?  Comcast? Dish? Direct TV?  Time Warner? Select your cable tv provider and login using your cable tv online login info. 
f the problem just started that your tablet is having a problem reading the SD card.  Do a few things to try to narrow down the problem. Let the Tablet format the SD card.  Try another SD c... See more...
f the problem just started that your tablet is having a problem reading the SD card.  Do a few things to try to narrow down the problem. Let the Tablet format the SD card.  Try another SD card in your tablet.  Same problem? Try a factory Reset on your tablet and do the updates.  Put the SD card in another device.  Does it work in another device? No--Your SD card is corrupted .  Yes--Your tablet is not liking that SD card. Try factory resetting the tablet and installing the updates. . . 
Hi Cheetah15, Need to know about the Old Phone to advise.  Was the old Tmobile phone also an S5? Does it have an ext SD card? Was it Android? I-Phone? Blackberry? Other OS? If the old phon... See more...
Hi Cheetah15, Need to know about the Old Phone to advise.  Was the old Tmobile phone also an S5? Does it have an ext SD card? Was it Android? I-Phone? Blackberry? Other OS? If the old phone was Android with an External Removable SD card then this will be easy for you.  There are several Android text backup apps you can use to move the texts. Connect the OLD phone to wi-fi, insert the SD card in the old phone,  use the same Google account that is on her new phone, and go to the Google PlayStore and download a text backup app like TITANIUM PRO OR GO BACKUP PRO (Nominal fee $2-$3 for these apps, but worth it. You will use this app over and over again) Open the app on the old phone and backup the text messages, and anything else she wants like call logs, apps, wallpapers, to the External SD card.  If it does not allow you to backup automatically to the Ext SD card you will have  to move the files to the SD card manually with cut and paste.  After you backup the files from the old phone to the ext SD card, Take the SD card out of the Old phone and insert it into the new Verizon S5. Go to the Google PlayStore using the same account and install the text backup app you purchased and install it on the New Phone. Since you are using the same Google account, you will not have to pay for it again.  If you had to move the backup files manually, go ahead and manually move the folder/files to  the New phone.  Open the backup app and do a file restore.  It will install the text messages, apps, settings, and whatever else you selected to backup on the new phone.  This only works if the Old Phone was Android.  Different phone?  Let us know
Are you using the same battery for each phone? If so, try a new battery. 
NOT A RANT Hi Windyhill28, This problem is most often caused by Phone having problem connecting to the Network (You will have problems with calls too if this is the case) Kit Kat is den... See more...
NOT A RANT Hi Windyhill28, This problem is most often caused by Phone having problem connecting to the Network (You will have problems with calls too if this is the case) Kit Kat is denying permission to the text app to Write/Send SMS Kit Kat only allows ONE text messaging application permission to write to SMS/MMS.  So if you have more than ONE application that wants permission to write to your SMS/MMS files your phone will not give either app permission until you specify a default and turn the others off in the background. The symptom is that that you think you sent out a text, but it was denied permission and the phone didn't even give you an error message so that you know there's a problem.  Common apps that can cause problems with sending/receiving Text messages with Kit Kat. (This is not an issue with Jelly Bean) Verizon Messaging (this is a 3rd party app not the S4 stock text messaging application) Tango Skype Go Text Handcent Current Caller ID 3rd party Launchers 3rd party Dialers Text Plus Trucaller So here's another fix you can try.  Download an app called PERMISSION AWARE.  It requires no permissions and is very informative. The app will let you know all the permissions each downloaded application has on your phone.  When you open the app, go to the section that lists WHO CAN WRITE/SEND SMS.  If it lists any other application besides your Text Messaging application then you may have a problem.  TRY SELECTING ONLY ONE TEXT MESSAGING APP TO WRITE/SEND SMS AND UNINSTALL THE OTHERS OR TURN THEM OFF IN APPLICATION MANAGER.  Even if you leave these apps on the phone if they later open in the background it can cause a conflict. 
Have you tried contacting Samsung Tech Support?  The manufacturer support may have fixes for the Android update that may or may not be passed on to the carrier. 
Hi Jayt1 a phone that keeps rebooting the way yours is could be a battery problem. (The Epic (Galaxy S1) was notorious for this issue like you describe.)  Try switching out the battery with ... See more...
Hi Jayt1 a phone that keeps rebooting the way yours is could be a battery problem. (The Epic (Galaxy S1) was notorious for this issue like you describe.)  Try switching out the battery with a brand  new one (real OEM).  Go to a Verizon store or Samsung kiosk with tech support and ask them to check it.  Backup all your data.  While at the store ask them to re-install your update and verify install is correct.  Good luck
Sideways Z?? Like a N ?  Sounds like the icon for Near Field Communication.  Got any NFC tags around? If its on, then when it is close to another device or tag, you may see that icon to let you k... See more...
Sideways Z?? Like a N ?  Sounds like the icon for Near Field Communication.  Got any NFC tags around? If its on, then when it is close to another device or tag, you may see that icon to let you know its ready to transmit data or whatever you have the tags programmed for. .