Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.6K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jlwr1's Posts

I guess I was under the assumption that this was monitored by Verizon as well and honestly I couldn't find a good place to send this feedback to them. They are both corporate locations.
We have a 3 line account for our business and we have had no problem in the past "stealing" upgrades from each other but a salesperson recently gave me a problem with this. Before going into a... See more...
We have a 3 line account for our business and we have had no problem in the past "stealing" upgrades from each other but a salesperson recently gave me a problem with this. Before going into a store I called into customer service to double check that the policy hadn't changed. I was reassured that I could indeed use the upgrade of another line for my phone (provided I am an account manager, which I am) On August 21st I went into the Merle Hay  location in Des Moines IA. When speaking with a sales person I informed her that I would like to purchase a Droid Maxx using the upgrade of another eligible line on our account. After looking at our account on the computer the lady informed me that I was not eligible for an upgrade. I explained that I was aware of that and that I would be using the upgrade of another line on the account. She stated that the company had recently changed it's policy on that and that was no longer possible (Contradicting what customer service had told me). I asked her to speak to her manager (Or whoever) to verify this as I was told differently on the phone. She seemed to become frustrated with me and asked me if I wanted to pay the full $700 for the phone or if I wanted to leave as she had many other customers to help. I left the store and called again to customer service and was again told that it was no issue to do this upgrade. A couple days later I went into the Clive, IA Verizon store and spoke to a salesman who informed me that this upgrade was not an issue and I ended up purchasing the phone and some accessories that day. I later found out that the initial salesperson I spoke to declined my purchase because she would not have made a commission on the sale. This is truly despicable. I'm not here to seek revenge on the sales person or ask for retribution. I would rather like the appropriate people be made aware that at least one sales person is turning down $300+ sales because they won't make their commission on the sale. I would also like those same people to know that you have a true rockstar sales person at the Clive location (Please view my account to see the individuals who assisted me). Rather than turn me away he used the opportunity to discuss accessories and different account options instead of acting like I was a waste of time for him as the first sales person did.  Our business is unsatisfied with our current ISP and plan on working with this salesperson in the future to set up some of the different business services that Verizon offers because of the interaction I had with him. After sharing this story with a few friends and family members of mine I had heard similar stories from them. I'm sure this practice is discouraged by the company but it seems that this needs to be reiterated with at least some of your sales people.