It cracked me up cuz when it was sent back there's a note that said they found nothing wrong, and the salesman at a real Verizon store couldn't get it to work either. And when I came back it did... Ver más...
It cracked me up cuz when it was sent back there's a note that said they found nothing wrong, and the salesman at a real Verizon store couldn't get it to work either. And when I came back it did not have 5.1 but had 4.4 on again. And several of the apps I use daily have been updated that they have to have at least 5.1 to work. I told her to look for new updates and it says there are none which is obviously a lie because everybody's getting 5.1.
So I set my ellipse in and it came back about a week later with a note saying there's nothing wrong with it, which is really hilarious since the salesman at a real Verizon store couldn't even ge... Ver más...
So I set my ellipse in and it came back about a week later with a note saying there's nothing wrong with it, which is really hilarious since the salesman at a real Verizon store couldn't even get to work. Anyway it works now but it's got Android 4.4 and not 5.1 and I found several apps that I use every day that do not work with 4.4 so at this point it's unusable for me. I told her to look for updates and it says there are any which is a lie. Even if it does offer me an update it will probably just lock it up again but as I said it's unusable unless I have 5.1.
You're probably screwed. After mine updated to 5.1 it would boot and show the Verizon logo for a few seconds and then go black but you can see the screen was on. I left it on all night and it st... Ver más...
You're probably screwed. After mine updated to 5.1 it would boot and show the Verizon logo for a few seconds and then go black but you can see the screen was on. I left it on all night and it stayed that way so it was locked. Took it to a real Verizon store and the salesman noticed the same thing and I had to send it in. However it comes back with a note that says they found nothing wrong, which is pretty stupid since the salesman at a real Verizon story did find something wrong and he's the one that put the information in the computer where they sent me a box to send it in for free. And then it comes back saying nothings wrong and it's got 4.4 on it again which means there's a lot of apps that don't work with it. If it does ever ask me to update I'll probably try again because it's kind of worthless for what I need right now until at least updates to 5.1.
And then 5.1 arrived and now I have to send it in
I also did that and the same thing happened. I took it to a Verizon company store and they are going to have FedEx pick it up and they'll send one back to me that works. That works out fine for ... Ver más...
I also did that and the same thing happened. I took it to a Verizon company store and they are going to have FedEx pick it up and they'll send one back to me that works. That works out fine for me as I don't use it a lot as I usually use my phone. I am excited that it is being upgraded to 5.1. We probably won't ever get 6 but at least 5 is better than 4.
Exact same problem here. Verizon logo pops up then blank screen. Obviously there is a problem with some ellipses and this update.
If you don't update its Android hopefully somebody will root it soon so that we can have 5.0 / 5.1 Android.
Verizon. The very least you can do to make this tablet better is to give us Android 5 or 5.1. If there's no plan the update these then mine is going to be a cup holder. I know these are bottom of... Ver más...
Verizon. The very least you can do to make this tablet better is to give us Android 5 or 5.1. If there's no plan the update these then mine is going to be a cup holder. I know these are bottom of the line tablets but almost two years ago I bought a nobis 9 inch which were the lowest of the low Androids and it is better than this is. And I am coming from being a forever customer as I've had Verizon Wireless Service since it became available in Elkhart Indiana and Verizon home telephones way before when it was GTE for the last 50 years.
Since Verizon cut off my login before I could finish my paragraph I will cut and paste it here: It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for ... Ver más...
Since Verizon cut off my login before I could finish my paragraph I will cut and paste it here: It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for just around a hundred and 80 dollars. Then you will see what a real tablet is supposed to do. I have the ellipsis tablet, Nexus 7 2012 model, 2 Nexus 7 2013 models, and old crappy Nobus and the old nobis is better than this new ellipses I'm afraid. The ellipsis Wi-Fi is completely unreliable and doesn't even have the five gigahertz speed. It should give a rock-solid 20 Meg download rate as my Nexus 2012 does but the ellipsis jumps from 12 to 17 Meg download rate and normally it's closer to 12. Also the touch screen is garbage as sometimes I will point a full inch below what it actually clicks on. Its microphone must be terrible as the speech to text is also bad. If I hadn't received the ellipsis free I would take it back. Verizon should be embarrassed that they are even giving these away for free. It doesn't even have Android 5 which is available back in, I think, February? I gave my Nexus 2013 to my 17 year old son and I almost want to take it back and give him this one but he had no tablet and I can use my cell phone with a small screen if I have to. Even my cell phone will connect to my Wi-Fi 5 gigahertz and has 5.1 Android. I'd rate these tablets along the lines with the kin phone Verizon sold for a while which were phones that were rejected Windows Phones and Verizon change the software and sold them for cheap, which they were. And I am NOT a disgruntled Verizon customer as I have had Verizon service since Verizon first came to my area after Alltel and Verizon had to swap certain areas that the government required them to. I've almost always been satisfied with their service but sometimes their hardware leaves a lot to be desired.
It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for just around a hundred and 80 dollars. Then you will see what a real tablet is supposed to do. I hav... Ver más...
It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for just around a hundred and 80 dollars. Then you will see what a real tablet is supposed to do. I have the ellipsis tablet, Nexus 7 2012 model, - Nexus 7 2013 models, and old crappy Nobus and the old nobis is better than this new ellipses I'm afraid.
Never heard of it before. Guess I've been lucky and I've been with VZW since, well, since they started offering cell service. However it doesn't answer the question as to why VZ lets goofy number... Ver más...
Never heard of it before. Guess I've been lucky and I've been with VZW since, well, since they started offering cell service. However it doesn't answer the question as to why VZ lets goofy numbers thru. Seems awful easy to just have their computer look for stupid formatted numbers and block them. I'm guessing they don't because even on the scams like this, they make money, especially from those that have pay as you go service.
I just got a call from a number that doesn't even make sense: 800-921-234 Ya! 9 numbers. Not 10. Why does Verizon let invalid numbers go thru when making calls? Anyway, it's a SCAM. SCAM ... Ver más...
I just got a call from a number that doesn't even make sense: 800-921-234 Ya! 9 numbers. Not 10. Why does Verizon let invalid numbers go thru when making calls? Anyway, it's a SCAM. SCAM To get your verizon username and password They say to go to myverizon37.com and claim your reward. I went ahead and did it and gave it all bogus info and amazing it logged me in! <<< Sarcasm. It went thru asking my last 4 of my SSN and a Gotcha code and then after hitting enter, it told me I was very lucky, and then sent me to the real Verizon wireless site. Better take care of this Verizon.
Did it when I received it. Never received any instructions back though, about forwarding it, like I usually do.
I need to be able to get message from my vtext address. This is not the problem: it's that Verizon allows it and they could stop it.
So how many of you got a spam text from xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com , with the x's being the first 10 digits of your cell phone number, last night? It says it's from Bank of America and to call 575-... Ver más...
So how many of you got a spam text from xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com , with the x's being the first 10 digits of your cell phone number, last night? It says it's from Bank of America and to call 575-904-7333. A few months ago I got one from 999-999-9999 and another time I got a text spam from "9". Obviously Verizon could easily stop these types of spam text but either 1. Verizon is making money on them. 2. It's an inside job 3. both 1 and 2. C'mon Verizon. Is your system really that stupid? I doubt it.
I changed from one basic phone to another. The old one has backup assistant and it was already backed up. The new phone is a Samsung Alias 2. It already had backup assistant on it. When I go t... Ver más...
I changed from one basic phone to another. The old one has backup assistant and it was already backed up. The new phone is a Samsung Alias 2. It already had backup assistant on it. When I go to use it, it says it is trying to backup and shows probably what was it's old phone number, and it fails. I've read and tried over and over to remove backup assistant or to unsubscribe but I can't find that option anywhere. The phone even tells how but right away it's wrong because it says go to "Get It Now" and that menu isn't even there. The phone makes and receives calls fine but I can't get my contacts onto it.
Today 3 of us received the same scam call over several hours from a scammer trying to get First Source Bank credit card or debit card numbers and PINs. 2 of us have personal accounts and the othe... Ver más...
Today 3 of us received the same scam call over several hours from a scammer trying to get First Source Bank credit card or debit card numbers and PINs. 2 of us have personal accounts and the other has a business account with his company, all thru VZW, so at least right now, they seem to be targeting either VZW customers, or maybe just the area code 574. This is not the fault of Verizon but just wanted to make people aware. The Elkhart county Sheriff in Indiana says this has been going on for over a year, but this is the first I've heard of it. The one with the business account showed an LA number. We just had unavailable on the other 2. Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I show a charge for it on my usage.
Funny that when I connect my phone to my computer and it checks for updates from Samsung, there are none. Verizon must be pushing this for their reasons, not to help users.
Only turn off the data block. The mobile web block has nothing to do with this. I have everything blocked and I only had to click off the "block all data services," then go to Menu, Settings and ... Ver más...
Only turn off the data block. The mobile web block has nothing to do with this. I have everything blocked and I only had to click off the "block all data services," then go to Menu, Settings and tools, phone info, check now, and then do as it says. It will download, the ask permission to update, which it lies and says 2 mins, but its more like 4 mins. and it does say data charges "WILL" apply so knowing Verizon's billing very well, eventually we'll be charged for this. Likely the update is only to help Verizon and not the user. Probably something so that the NSA can access your info without even asking Verizon anymore.