Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,549 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

GunMetal21's Posts

>> Duplicate post removed for crossposting violations per the ToS      See for original message << Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I've recently been having issues with what I believe is the mini USB charging port on my GS3. When I plug it in, (I've tried at least 3 different chargers and outlets) its very difficult to get t... See more...
I've recently been having issues with what I believe is the mini USB charging port on my GS3. When I plug it in, (I've tried at least 3 different chargers and outlets) its very difficult to get the phone to charge. It's like the phone and cord have to be positioned in the perfect spot for it to charge. Not only that, but when I do get it into a spot where it will start charging, it will all of a sudden start beeping about 4 or 5 times as if its rapidly being unplugged and being plugged back in very quickly (high pitch charging beep you get every time its plugged in). I have also noticed that it takes longer to charge now and sometimes seems as if its actually losing battery when charging. I went to a verizon store and they said since its under warranty that I could get a replacement but that if they determine that I dropped the phone and that is the reason for my issues I could be charged like $300 for the phone which is BS. I have had the phone in a otter box at least 95% of the time I have owned it. If I ever did drop it, it was never anything damaging at all and I haven't dropped it in probably months and didn't have this issue until now. There is no physical damage from what I or the guy at the store could see except for a slight ding on the corner of the phone but I'm still worried that Verizon will try and get whatever they can from me and just charge me for the phone. If anyone has had similar issues and found a solution or if anyone thinks I should or should not get a replacement under warranty I would appreciate any advise. If I am charged for the phone if they replace it, is there a way to dispute their claim that it was my fault? Thanks