Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,928 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jshull0's Posts

I'm just south of you, and for what it's worth the coverage map is pretty accurate in colorado springs.  I can't say that Verizon dss 5g is going to be any faster than 4g lte and my be slower.  If yo... See more...
I'm just south of you, and for what it's worth the coverage map is pretty accurate in colorado springs.  I can't say that Verizon dss 5g is going to be any faster than 4g lte and my be slower.  If you show 5g uwb coverage in your neighborhood then you can expect speeds like this, but I swear wifi can reach further than 5g uwb, and unless you see a white circular antenna on top of a city light pole no more than 400ft from your house / work / ect you won't get uwb.  
Update  So I got someone from Verizon who was knowledgeable. They had the mod setup as a connected device, issue the device a dead number, had to give them imei and iccid.  Once that was done the de... See more...
Update  So I got someone from Verizon who was knowledgeable. They had the mod setup as a connected device, issue the device a dead number, had to give them imei and iccid.  Once that was done the device still didn't want to auto activate, so I did a factory reset on the moto mod, and after a few minutes it finally auto activated.  FYI to anyone who cares, the moto mod on 4g lte seems to get a better overall signal than the moto z4 itself.  The reception in db is better and it reflects on speed tests.  
I agree it does seem to be a gimmick, however it still shouldn't be impossible to activate.  I do have 5g uwb in my city, even though it only works outside, standing directly under a 5g tower.  I hea... See more...
I agree it does seem to be a gimmick, however it still shouldn't be impossible to activate.  I do have 5g uwb in my city, even though it only works outside, standing directly under a 5g tower.  I hear you when it comes to just buying a 5g phone, but I'm not dropping that kinda money on something that won't benefit me in the end.  This moto mod is a personal test of the local 5g build out, for my own curiosity and needless to say it's not going good so far.  
I feel your pain, I had the joy of being tossed between agents for 4 hours yesterday. One was eating lunch while talking with me, and still no resolution to my original problem.  It was pretty bad, a... See more...
I feel your pain, I had the joy of being tossed between agents for 4 hours yesterday. One was eating lunch while talking with me, and still no resolution to my original problem.  It was pretty bad, and sad to say not a single technical support rep knew anything about the technology their trying to fix.  It never used to be like this.
I'm hoping this issue is related to why I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to activate a 5g moto mod with no success.  Hopefully gets resolved soon.
I'm having one heck of a time trying to activate a 5g moto mod.  I already have a 5g unlimited plan, and when I click the thing on a moto z4 the auto activation fails every time.  Verizon tech suppor... See more...
I'm having one heck of a time trying to activate a 5g moto mod.  I already have a 5g unlimited plan, and when I click the thing on a moto z4 the auto activation fails every time.  Verizon tech support is totally useless, heck I never spoke to a single person that knew what a moto mod was or that it had a sim card.  I did get a help ticket put in once I had spoken with 6 different tech support reps. When attaching the mod it does bring up a up sale page in web browser, but there's no way to do anything from there, and it dead ends you after entering account info. I'm about to give up and just return the mod and forget about it.
I think most of it has to do with the fact that certain antennas get removed form towers to make room for those 4g lte antennas.  Add realigning of antennas and added capacity due to antennas tha... See more...
I think most of it has to do with the fact that certain antennas get removed form towers to make room for those 4g lte antennas.  Add realigning of antennas and added capacity due to antennas that were removed and it can cause these undesirable situations.  I noticed this when LTE was being installed a few years back in Colorado Springs, and I feel your pain.  I hope when all gets said and done with LTE things will get better, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.  If it wasn't for my grandfathered unlimited data I would be over at AT&T in a heartbeat, their network has been kicking butt and taking names recently.
Oh man, it sounds like you got screwed, and I didn't hear of the CDMA shutdown on the AT&T untill after it happened either.  I hope you get some sort of compensation, although its more like veriz... See more...
Oh man, it sounds like you got screwed, and I didn't hear of the CDMA shutdown on the AT&T untill after it happened either.  I hope you get some sort of compensation, although its more like verizon to offer you a network extender that uses your home internet connection to create a verizon signal. Kinda of like using your own internet connection to create another slower internet connection with voice and text, not worth it to me.  Hope all works out 
Ummm, the NE uses you home internet connection, it doesn't connect to verizon wirelessly, so regardless of how far a tower is from your house you should still be able to connect as long as your i... See more...
Ummm, the NE uses you home internet connection, it doesn't connect to verizon wirelessly, so regardless of how far a tower is from your house you should still be able to connect as long as your internet connection is working properly.
Verizon seems to be moving in a backward direction when it comes to roaming data, so there is no doubt in my mind that one of the latest prl (Preferred Roaming List) updates removed 3g access fro... See more...
Verizon seems to be moving in a backward direction when it comes to roaming data, so there is no doubt in my mind that one of the latest prl (Preferred Roaming List) updates removed 3g access from that specific carrier.  You may have luck calling verizon and having them switch you to a "hybrid prl" or reverting you back to your old prl, but the reason they do this is to save money so it may be a challenge to get things done.  I just went through this same nonsense for a couple hours today with a commnet roaming area and am finally able to get evdo 3g again after they reverted me back to an old prl
Thanks Crelin, I had to drive back into a verizon coverage area, then had verizon rep change my prl back to what my old prl was and everything is working fine now.  The rep was talking about s... See more...
Thanks Crelin, I had to drive back into a verizon coverage area, then had verizon rep change my prl back to what my old prl was and everything is working fine now.  The rep was talking about some sort of commnet wireless deal that removed evdo, so my guess is everyone who got the june 12th prl update wont get much 3g in park county colorado in the rural areas anymore.
Okay so recently my Samsung GS3 updated the prl automatically and now I have no EVDO "3G" service off of Commnet Wireless?  Is this a cheap tactic to get people to use less data? It wouldn't even... See more...
Okay so recently my Samsung GS3 updated the prl automatically and now I have no EVDO "3G" service off of Commnet Wireless?  Is this a cheap tactic to get people to use less data? It wouldn't even be a problem if the largest carrier in the USA actually builds more towers to handle native service. Will 3G access ever come back to site 411 on Badger Mt or should I just move on.  Sprint users still have access to 3G roaming through commnet fwiw.
Okay so let me start out by saying I'm ****** off.  Just recently my prl updated on my gs3 and with that prl "upgrage" evdo 3g roaming off of commnet wireless vanished.  I was able to force an ol... See more...
Okay so let me start out by saying I'm ****** off.  Just recently my prl updated on my gs3 and with that prl "upgrage" evdo 3g roaming off of commnet wireless vanished.  I was able to force an old prl from my thunderbolt through cdma workshop and evdo worked fine off commnet wireless.  My question is why do you hate your customers so much verizon?  Feels like I'm going back in time to the year 2000.  Why the heck would u give us access to something and take it away 8 years later.  Me and my 5 lines are going back to sprint where access to commnet wireless evdo is allowed and welcomed. >>Edited to remove profanity<< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator