Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,823 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

GaryEvans's Posts

Thanks for the reply Jennifer. The phone is a Samsung Gusto 2 and no I had not reset the Backup Assistant after the account was changed. Yes the contacts that I had originally downloaded were ... See more...
Thanks for the reply Jennifer. The phone is a Samsung Gusto 2 and no I had not reset the Backup Assistant after the account was changed. Yes the contacts that I had originally downloaded were still on the phone so I tried the reset procedure for phones with pre-loaded Assistant. After the reset and transferring contacts both ways I still have the contacts on the phone but nothing changed with the PC connection. It still takes me to the Cloud set up page when I click on “Contacts”.    << Email headers and content removed to comply with   Please remove personal inforamtion before posting. >> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
New Verizon Samsung basic phone with same number but the old contract account was closed and a new prepaid account set up. Now Backup Assistant cannot be reached from a PC. I know the old contact... See more...
New Verizon Samsung basic phone with same number but the old contract account was closed and a new prepaid account set up. Now Backup Assistant cannot be reached from a PC. I know the old contacts list still exists because I was able to download it from the new phone. Many phone calls to tech and a wild goose chase to a Verizon store has not figured it out. We tried deleting the phone registration and re-setting it up with no effect. From a PC when I click on "Contacts" it takes me to a set up page for "Cloud" which isn't usable with dumb phones and trying to start the sign up procedure just produces an error message.    I have another basic phone on prepaid for which the Backup Assistant works fine with the PC so it is just a problem with this one phone.