Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,487 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

UberJason's Posts

Hi B33, Thanks for your help, but sadly I'd already seen that link - I know it takes 24 hours on Google's end, but it seems to be taking longer on Verizon's end (two days longer since and the ... See more...
Hi B33, Thanks for your help, but sadly I'd already seen that link - I know it takes 24 hours on Google's end, but it seems to be taking longer on Verizon's end (two days longer since and the line is still not disconnected)... I've already done the port to Google Voice and it's working fine on Google's end, just not Verizon's!
Hi, I have a Nationwide FamilyShare plan that supports five lines (and all five are in use). Yesterday I ported one of our phone numbers out to Google Voice, which should result in disconnecti... See more...
Hi, I have a Nationwide FamilyShare plan that supports five lines (and all five are in use). Yesterday I ported one of our phone numbers out to Google Voice, which should result in disconnection of that line, and it currently shows as "suspended". I want to add a new line onto the plan to replace that one, but I wasn't able to do so from Best Buy or from a Verizon Wireless store, apparently because the line isn't actually disconnected yet - just the service is suspended, I guess. (The backstory is that we had all five lines used, but wanted to add another family member to our plan, so we decided to take one of our family off of the plan and put him on a different plan, but he wanted to keep his phone number and was interested in Google Voice's services. So we ported his number to GV, assuming this would disconnect his line, allowing us to add a new line.) So my question is, how long does it take after porting out a phone number (to Google Voice or to anywhere else) before your service is fully disconnected? I asked three customer reps and got three different answers (one had no idea, one said 3-5 hours, and one said end of the billing cycle). If the answer is "at the end of the billing cycle", is there any way at all to expedite the process? Our billing cycle doesn't end for almost three weeks and I just don't want to have to wait that long to add a new line for this new family member.