Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,513 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

m541366's Posts

This has been going on since early August !! and still wireless! Mexico cellular network is problem for U.S. phone service, El Paso emergency responders Vic Kolenc, El Paso TimesPublished 7:00 a.m. ... See more...
This has been going on since early August !! and still wireless! Mexico cellular network is problem for U.S. phone service, El Paso emergency responders Vic Kolenc, El Paso TimesPublished 7:00 a.m. MT Sept. 20, 2019 | Updated 1:36 p.m. MT Sept. 22, 2019   Verizon has biggest problems with cross-border interference The Mexican cellular network appears to have caused the biggest problems for Verizon Wireless, whose El Paso customers have experienced dropped calls and slow, or no data service in some areas since Altán Redes' launched its network in Juárez. Verizon, the nation's largest wireless phone carrier, also has similar problems in the San Diego area, which also has been tied to Altán's network interference. Officials from both Verizon and AT&T have been in contact with the FCC about the cross-border interference, spokespersons from both companies reported. Buy Photo A Verizon store in East El Paso. (Photo: VIC KOLENC/EL PASO TIMES)   "Talks continue with the highest levels of the United States government, and our network team is making regular adjustments to the network to help mitigate the issue in the interim," Kate Jay, a Verizon spokesperson, said in an email. "It's important to remember that people are still able to use their (mobile) devices," Jay said. "Interference really just impacts capacity, so we're most likely to hear from customers in areas where there's more network usage and/or more people."  She encouraged Verizon customers with service problems to contact the company's customer service department.  
I agree, completely.  I have now downgraded my non-existent service, we have an iPhone 7 plus and a new iPhone 8 plus and we can't even use them here in El Paso.   We are now in October and it's sti... See more...
I agree, completely.  I have now downgraded my non-existent service, we have an iPhone 7 plus and a new iPhone 8 plus and we can't even use them here in El Paso.   We are now in October and it's still down but the bill keeps coming in like clockwork!!   By: Jim Parker Posted: Aug 21, 2019 03:30 PM MDT Updated: Aug 21, 2019 03:39 PM MDT A cellular tower for mobile phones. EL PASO, Texas - If you've noticed your cell phone hasn't been working properly as of late, Verizon officials say you're not imagining the problem. A wireless carrier in Mexico just activated new cellular tower sites near the border -- and that's causing interference with Verizon cell sites in the El Paso area, resulting in dropped calls and slower data service for Verizon customers. Verizon spokesman Steve Van Dinter told ABC-7 that the company is "doing everything we can to fix this." Those steps include discussions with the Federal Communications and the Mexican government. In the meantime, Verizon said it has added capacity to its cellular network systems in the El Paso area in an attempt to lessen the impact of the interference.
I have an iPhone 7 plus; and my son a new iPhone 8 plus.....UGH !! So disappointing, to say the absolute least.
The speed and reliability here in El Paso Texas is the worst ever!   My son just purchased the 10, expensive phone, and we can't even use it to capacity.   So frustrating, can't make calls ... See more...
The speed and reliability here in El Paso Texas is the worst ever!   My son just purchased the 10, expensive phone, and we can't even use it to capacity.   So frustrating, can't make calls and this situation is not changing, but the bill keeps coming!!!    
Agreed totally unacceptable!    
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you, I agree!!! same issue!! I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, wit... See more...
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you, I agree!!! same issue!! I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross. This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border. My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service. Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received. "Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs." 2nd message Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces,  Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!! This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for? Verizon step up!! You need to make this right for El Paso Texas, your customers!!!
I have the same issue El Paso Texas, border city... I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, wi... See more...
I have the same issue El Paso Texas, border city... I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross. This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border. My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service. Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received. "Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs." 2nd message Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces,  Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!! This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for? We need to can keep talking about this interference so that Verizon doesn't forget that we need a fix to our issue.
LorenB, Thank you for your response, we hope that this issue can be resolved very soon, and YES, please don't forget about us!!!   Please  continue to keep us updated, that way we know your still ... See more...
LorenB, Thank you for your response, we hope that this issue can be resolved very soon, and YES, please don't forget about us!!!   Please  continue to keep us updated, that way we know your still trying to fix the issue.
I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, b... See more...
I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.   The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross. This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border. My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service. Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received. "Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs." 2nd message Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces,  Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!! This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for? Verizon step up!! You need to make this right for El Paso Texas, your customers!!!