Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,896 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

afcc's Posts

Ok, it has finished installing the update. It might be too early to tell but so far I am cautiously optimistic.  I did a quick wipe of the cache just for good measure after the update and reboote... See more...
Ok, it has finished installing the update. It might be too early to tell but so far I am cautiously optimistic.  I did a quick wipe of the cache just for good measure after the update and rebooted the phone.  It appears to be running much quicker and much smoother than before.  The real test will be to see if the battery life is once again restored to normal.  So far, so good!
As I type this my S5 is upgrading with the supposed "hotfix" to all the disastrous issues I encountered with the Lollipop update. It is currently "optimizing my apps". I will post here my experie... See more...
As I type this my S5 is upgrading with the supposed "hotfix" to all the disastrous issues I encountered with the Lollipop update. It is currently "optimizing my apps". I will post here my experience with this new update. As far as I am concerned, anything is better than the original Lollipop S5 update from Verizon that drained my battery dead within 5-6 hours everyday and basically took my S5 from being the best phone to the worst phone I have ever had. Let's see what happens.....fingers crossed.........
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I had all the very same issues described above - extremely poor battery life, overheating, etc. and I have now fixed them after 2 weeks of use. Here is what I did: System C... See more...
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I had all the very same issues described above - extremely poor battery life, overheating, etc. and I have now fixed them after 2 weeks of use. Here is what I did: System Cache Flush (no need to do a factory reset). Follow instructions on how to do this (very easy). Go to Google Play App and continually try updating all apps - do this several times a day for at least a week or more. The phone may get hot while doing this but it is normal. Flush system cache again. Try updating apps again. Flush system cache again. Uninstall Facebook - YES - huge battery drain. Instead, put an icon on your home page for the mobile site - it is about the same and does not drain the battery. No need to uninstall FB messenger app as this does not cause a drain. The above steps have now restored my phone to pre-lollipop usability and performance. I think it is a combination that many apps are updating and so it is necessary to keep up with the update process, the system cache flushing (more than once) and getting rid of the FB app until it behaves better. I may try to re-install FB to see what happens, but for now the FB icon on my home screen going to the Mobile site (through Chrome) rather than the FB app is making my life much better. Hope this helps.
Let me see if this makes any sense. I did the update about 1 week ago. I had all of the terrible problems I mentioned in my earlier post - horrible battery life, overheating, sluggish response,et... See more...
Let me see if this makes any sense. I did the update about 1 week ago. I had all of the terrible problems I mentioned in my earlier post - horrible battery life, overheating, sluggish response,etc. I tried all the suggestions about safe mode and clearing cache etc, etc. The only one I didn't do was a factory reset, although I've done numerous re-starts and battery pulls (even threw the battery across the room in disgust - didn't help). So now, all of a sudden, after a week or so, no more overheating and the battery is performing like a champ! Here is a screen shot after 7 hours of heavy use today - still at 70%! Previously, it would have been drained within 3-4 hours. So I'm thinking there must have been tons of things happening in the background under the hood right after the upgrade, of which I have no idea, and now things are as they should be. I will see if this lasts, but maybe there is hope for all of you who are as frustrated as I was that with time things will get better. Now if I could only find a way to disable the blinding light "battery full" pop-up notification while charging so I could use my phone as a bedside clock like I used to before the upgrade. 
Pretty much the same problems here with the Lollipop update. Battery Life is TERRIBLE. I used to get through 18 hours of heavy usage and still have plenty of juice left. Now, after the update,... See more...
Pretty much the same problems here with the Lollipop update. Battery Life is TERRIBLE. I used to get through 18 hours of heavy usage and still have plenty of juice left. Now, after the update, I can actually watch the percentage go down while looking at the screen. My phone is practically dead after 5 hours. The Phone starts to heat up for no apparent reason. If I wanted a hand-warmer I could have bought one for a lot less than this is costing me. Phone runs much slower and with more lag between changing apps - very annoying! Phone rang today and it was so lagging it wouldn't swipe to open the phone app soon enough (5 rings) and the call went to voicemail. The stupidest, most annoying pop-up saying "The Battery is Fully Charged". I keep my phone plugged-in next to my bed with the Night Clock app running so I can have a nice, LED type clock display, except after the phone gets charged this stupid pop-up comes on which is so bright it practically lights the whole room and of course it wakes me up at 2:30 AM with its stupid brightness. There should be a way to disable this, but of course there is not. Please fix these ASAP Verizon!!!