Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,908 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DJSomers's Posts

I have started receiving 2-3 five digit texts PER DAY, starting about a week ago! Blocking 5 spam texts is worthless. We need unlimited blocking of texts, calls  & emails. And, there needs to be an e... See more...
I have started receiving 2-3 five digit texts PER DAY, starting about a week ago! Blocking 5 spam texts is worthless. We need unlimited blocking of texts, calls  & emails. And, there needs to be an easy way to do it, with a simple "Block" option available to us.
Thanks for your suggestion. What does a soft reset do? Will my downloaded apps & their info remain? The rebooting problem returned last night after about a week - it rebooted on its own, twice, ... See more...
Thanks for your suggestion. What does a soft reset do? Will my downloaded apps & their info remain? The rebooting problem returned last night after about a week - it rebooted on its own, twice, back to back while I was reading stories in Google Now.
Thank you. So far, my phone still hasn't rebooted on its own, so it's been about 5 days now. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks, AliciaS. I had downloaded the 7 Minute workout app around the time the problem occurred, 6-8 weeks ago, so I uninstalled it. I had also downloaded MapMyWalk. That app has several million ... See more...
Thanks, AliciaS. I had downloaded the 7 Minute workout app around the time the problem occurred, 6-8 weeks ago, so I uninstalled it. I had also downloaded MapMyWalk. That app has several million downloads so I don't think it's the problem. My phone hasn't rebooted on its own for about 3 days now, although it did reboot a few times after I uninstalled the 7 Minute app. I hope the issue has resolved itself.
Thanks, Robin, for your response. To clarify, I do NOT know when the phone is going to re-boot, other than it just completely stops responding a couple of seconds before it starts re-booting. Not... See more...
Thanks, Robin, for your response. To clarify, I do NOT know when the phone is going to re-boot, other than it just completely stops responding a couple of seconds before it starts re-booting. Nothing can be done to stop it. In Settings, I have ”Apps were auto-updated” enabled so they should be updated. If I go to Google Play as you suggest, do I have to search for each app to see if there is an update? I have lots of apps and that would take a long time. With the Setting as I have it, wouldn’t my apps auto-update? Is there a way to update all of my apps at one time? Thanks again. Donna
My S7 also reboots on its own, out of the blue. It had done it while I was using Facebook Instant Messaging, Google Now, MapMyWalk app and my music on Google Play Music. Sometimes it reboots once... See more...
My S7 also reboots on its own, out of the blue. It had done it while I was using Facebook Instant Messaging, Google Now, MapMyWalk app and my music on Google Play Music. Sometimes it reboots once then starts working again. Other times it will reboot back-to-back. I can tell it's going to reboot because everything locks up and nothing works. Factory reset is not an option as I have too much info on my phone that I cannot lose. Please help! I am tired of this happening when I am in the middle of doing something on my phone.
Hi, I have called TWC, Verizon, Samsung, and have been to a Best Buy Samsung workshop trying to get the Time Warner Cable Roadrunner email fixed on my new S7. The "Move" option to move an email ... See more...
Hi, I have called TWC, Verizon, Samsung, and have been to a Best Buy Samsung workshop trying to get the Time Warner Cable Roadrunner email fixed on my new S7. The "Move" option to move an email to another folder is not working and Samsung feels strongly that it's a compatibility issue with TWC rather than an OS issue. The "Move" option is present when I open an email in my GMail account but I don't use use that email account. My email ends in "@triad.rr.com". Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found another email application that can be used where I can put in my email address and emails from the TWC server will be downloaded into that program rather than the default email app on the Galaxy S7? Please help. It seems that no one can. Thanks.
I finished a text tonight and all of a sudden the keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy 4 minimized. I don't know what I did. The keyboard can now be moved around the screen. I need the full size back. H... See more...
I finished a text tonight and all of a sudden the keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy 4 minimized. I don't know what I did. The keyboard can now be moved around the screen. I need the full size back. How can I get it back? I'm pretty sure it's the Samsung keyboard. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for this information, tikibar1. I have now changed my "interruptions" but I certainly liked the blocking mode better. I can no longer set the phone to accept a call from a particular numbe... See more...
Thanks for this information, tikibar1. I have now changed my "interruptions" but I certainly liked the blocking mode better. I can no longer set the phone to accept a call from a particular number during the time "Do Not Disturb" is enabled and now whenever I use the phone there is a notification that  Do Not Disturb is on, which is frustrating. Why do updates always have to mess up features that were working well?
   I updated my Galaxy S4 yesterday and today I can't locate the Blocking mode. Please tell me Samsung did not do away with this feature.
Thanks for your reply, SuzyQ. The emails I'm talking about already go to my laptop Junk folder, but it looks like I have to do each one manually to get it in the Spam folder on my Galaxy s4. Once... See more...
Thanks for your reply, SuzyQ. The emails I'm talking about already go to my laptop Junk folder, but it looks like I have to do each one manually to get it in the Spam folder on my Galaxy s4. Once I get the addresses in the Spam folder, they no longer go to my phone Inbox, except for those that have the .tk extension that I mentioned in my original email. I probably get about 10 emails that are spam every day and the only process I've found to get them to the Spam folder is so convoluted it's very frustrating.
I get a lot of spam email on my Galaxy S4. I use the email app that came with the phone. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and I use their Road Runner email setup. On my phone I have to go through abou... See more...
I get a lot of spam email on my Galaxy S4. I use the email app that came with the phone. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and I use their Road Runner email setup. On my phone I have to go through about 15 clicks to add one email address to the spam filter.I see no way to click on the email address and "Add to Spam Filter" in one click.  I have to click on the email itself and the address, then the email address to open a new email, click on the address to highlight it so I can Edit and cut it, discard the new email, left click at the bottom of the phone to get to Settings, Spam addresses, Add the address by pasting it, then back out to my Inbox which is another 2-3 steps. Surely there is a shorter, simpler way. Also, I am getting numerous emails from a ".tk" address instead of .com, .net, etc. address and I am not allowed to add these to the spam folder. Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance. I sure hope someone can help me!
Thanks for your response, Christina. I prefer to try your 1st suggestion about changing a setting before trying your 2nd idea of uninstalling then re-installing my RoadRunner email. However, I ch... See more...
Thanks for your response, Christina. I prefer to try your 1st suggestion about changing a setting before trying your 2nd idea of uninstalling then re-installing my RoadRunner email. However, I checked all my settings and do not see one specific to “Delete upon reading”. Under Email – Settings I have: Display Composing and sending Auto Advance Confirm deletions Priority senders Spam addresses Rules for filtering I went into each of these and did not see an option for “Delete upon reading” and being able to disable it.  Is there another way/place for me to find it? If not, I guess I’ll have to uninstall and re-install the email program. I’m just afraid I won’t be able to set it back up correctly. My Verizon sales person set it up for me when I purchased the phone last summer. Thanks for your help! Donna (removed) Burlington, NC Private info removed as required by the Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Hi Jonathan, Thanks for your reply. Sorry I was delayed in answering. I’m using the default email app that came on the Samsung S4. My ISP is Time Warner Cable’s Road Runner. I check... See more...
Hi Jonathan, Thanks for your reply. Sorry I was delayed in answering. I’m using the default email app that came on the Samsung S4. My ISP is Time Warner Cable’s Road Runner. I checked all the settings I could find but there was nothing about saving emails that are in the Inbox, or not deleting them after viewing. I’m not sure who you are referring to when you ask “What client is it?” Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Donna Private info removed as required by the Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Thank you, Elector! I followed your instructions, unchecked and turned off Signs, and the email sent just fine.
Hi, I tried to send an email with an attachment and a window popped asking if I wanted to create a private key. I wasn't allowed to send the mail otherwise so I clicked on yes and did what I t... See more...
Hi, I tried to send an email with an attachment and a window popped asking if I wanted to create a private key. I wasn't allowed to send the mail otherwise so I clicked on yes and did what I thought was setting up the private key. Then, when I tried to send the email again a different window popped up saying to "select sign key", with a Key ID # listed. I don't know where this # came from. When I clicked on it there was an empty box so I entered the password I had just set up for the private key I created but it said "incorrect password". As far as I can recall, the key I set up today with a password is the only key I have created. Where do I go from here so I can send my email? Thanks for your help. DJ
Jonathan, Thank you for your response! I’m in the middle of some work till late next week. I’m saving your email, on my laptop!, and will answer your questions when I have the time to sit and ... See more...
Jonathan, Thank you for your response! I’m in the middle of some work till late next week. I’m saving your email, on my laptop!, and will answer your questions when I have the time to sit and gather the info you have asked for. Thanks again and I’ll be in touch late next week. Donna
Hi, Ever since I got my s4 last summer when I check email, the next time I check the emails I just read are gone. How do I get the emails to be saved. I want them to remain in my Inbox until I d... See more...
Hi, Ever since I got my s4 last summer when I check email, the next time I check the emails I just read are gone. How do I get the emails to be saved. I want them to remain in my Inbox until I delete them myself. Thanks for your help!
I made another Christmas Playlist and it's on my phone now, along with the other 2 playlists. I have turned the phone off today and when I turned it back on, all 3 playlists are still there. I ha... See more...
I made another Christmas Playlist and it's on my phone now, along with the other 2 playlists. I have turned the phone off today and when I turned it back on, all 3 playlists are still there. I have the phone connected to the laptop now and the playlists are showing on the phone and not the card. However, when I click on the phone Christmas playlist file on the laptop, the file Properties show 0 bytes. The music plays on the phone when I push the Play key. All of my music on the laptop is in iTunes. I don't know if this extra info helps any or not. Maybe the Christmas playlist won't vanish again since Christmas is almost over.
Thanks for your response! I’m using the player that came with the S4 and the Christmas music is on the SD card. FYI – I have 2 other playlists and only one of them shows up on the phone under... See more...
Thanks for your response! I’m using the player that came with the S4 and the Christmas music is on the SD card. FYI – I have 2 other playlists and only one of them shows up on the phone under “My Computer” when I have it connected to my laptop. No playlists show up on the SD card in My Computer. But, let’s stick with trying to get the Christmas playlist straightened out for now. I can deal with the other after the holidays.