Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,800 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

RaoulG4668's Posts

Hello, As I'm sure many of you may know, the HTC Droid DNA has a SIM card issue, which results in total loss of service until the device is reset or the SIM is remounted. This, over the past f... See more...
Hello, As I'm sure many of you may know, the HTC Droid DNA has a SIM card issue, which results in total loss of service until the device is reset or the SIM is remounted. This, over the past few months, has begun to aggravate me and countless others, including my coworkers at Best Buy with the same device. I would like to start by saying that also being a member of the United States Navy, I have already missed two calls from Department of Defense personnel. That drew the line for me; I was fine with missing a call or two from my mother, but to pay what I pay per month to get service maybe 70% of the time is unacceptable. I know it's not Verizon's fault, which is why I am exploring a few options. I have already replaced the SIM card in my device with zero results, it still happens quite a bit. I am fully aware that the next step is to send me a phone that has been up against the sweaty face of someone else (a refurb) that works almost like a new device. That's not acceptable; I would understand if I broke this device and needed a replacement, that makes sense. However this is not my issue as a customer, and considering the importance of the calls that I have missed and will inevitably continue to miss, I want to bypass this all around and be issued a new device. There is no fix for the DNA, it is a lost cause without recalling every DNA. It is a hardware as well as firmware issue and HTC does not have the funding to service every DNA. Without further adieu, my question is (since all other comparable phones on Verizon's network are made out of Chinese plastic by Samsung) am I able to receive an HTC One from HTC themselves and have it activated on Verizon's network? I have already contacted them and they are willing to send me an unlocked HTC One in exchange for my inoperable DNA under terms of warranty. I am aware there are policies, and technical complications, but I want to know if this is possible. I want to enjoy my device (which includes not succumbing to a cheap Samsung product loaded to the brim with bloatware), I want to be in contact with the people I need to be in contact with (the Navy), and I want all of that simply because I pay you folks for exactly that. Now, is it possible? Regards, Ryan >>Personal information removed<< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator