Elector - It's always a choice...obviously, but the initial post was not about choice, but about what seems right and fair to customers who have been loyal and now feel as if their loyalty means ... Ver más...
Elector - It's always a choice...obviously, but the initial post was not about choice, but about what seems right and fair to customers who have been loyal and now feel as if their loyalty means nothing...which it doesn't... and that's why my choice is not to upgrade my phone with Verizon. People like to feel appreciated and giving a little something back to your customers is a gesture that shows that. For those of you who think the upgrade fee is fine, why bother posting at all. You have what you want. Pay it. To budone...again you miss the point and bringing something up in conversation, doesn't make it the point of the conversation. .
Who cares how much they pay? that is not even the point. They are a huge business with millions of customers. They do not need to charge a $30 upgrade fee. They have more customers today then the... Ver más...
Who cares how much they pay? that is not even the point. They are a huge business with millions of customers. They do not need to charge a $30 upgrade fee. They have more customers today then they ever did. The people at the top make 7 figure salaries. Get a clue! I have been a verizon customer my entire life. I give them my business. I give them my loyalty. They make tons and tons of money. They used to offer $50 to loyal customers to upgrade, now they charge $30. How do you think that makes people feel?? Why should I pay $30 to a company to keep my business?
Yes, the upgrade fee is only $30.00. However, there was never an upgrade fee in the past. Verizon gave you a free phone because then they locked you into a 2 year contract.... on which they made ... Ver más...
Yes, the upgrade fee is only $30.00. However, there was never an upgrade fee in the past. Verizon gave you a free phone because then they locked you into a 2 year contract.... on which they made billions of dollars....that is the point. They didn't give you a free phone to be nice. They made money on contracts, not the phones. I have not upgraded because I just wanted a plain old phone and did not want a smartphone where I would have the additional cost of internet, that I don't use.  After my inital contract ended, Verizon offered me a discount of $50 if I would renew my phone. That was great. I could either get a free phone or a more expensive one and use my $50.00. That had some value to me as a loyal customer. Now if I upgrade, I'm supposed to pay an upgrade fee? or...pay $100 - $300 for a phone? So now I get nothing. Right now I pay about $65.00 for my phone (using my company discount) and I have no contract. My phone works great. I can go anywhere in the country and the service is fine.  If I upgrade, I am locked into a 2-year contract and pay an upgrade fee for a phone that isn't as good as the one I have, or at least not much better.  If I go to a smartphone, I have the same situation, but now am locked at least a $100 (with tax)..for 2 years. Estos son los detalles. If I stay as I am I pay $65.00 a month and have no contract. If I upgrade to a smart phone, I pay over $100+ a month, plus the one time upgrade fee of $30, plus some part of a new phone which will probably be either the iphone at $99.00... or some other phone which is even more expensive. That is the point. I have been a customer for my whole life. I am 50 years old..so say since I was in my 20's. I understand Verizon is a company and needs to make money, but how much money do they need to make. By the way, for those people who wrote that you are getting a really expensive phone for half the price,...You don't think verizion pays $200 for a phone that they sell you for $400 do you????? How much do you think they pay for that Apple 4S that they sell you for $99.00???? There is no loyalty discount from Verizon. There is no loyalty with Verizon..period.