Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,004 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

ratatosk's Posts

I am beginning to see some improvements. In areas where band 4 LTE is deployed, speeds are very fast, but of course, one needs a capable device. Unfortunately there isn't nearly enough band 4 ... See more...
I am beginning to see some improvements. In areas where band 4 LTE is deployed, speeds are very fast, but of course, one needs a capable device. Unfortunately there isn't nearly enough band 4 LTE deployed yet to make the situation anything approaching acceptable.
For the sake of comparison, I did some testing of other carriers in the same parts of downtown Seattle where the VZW network is falling over. Both AT&T and T-mobile are performing consistentl... See more...
For the sake of comparison, I did some testing of other carriers in the same parts of downtown Seattle where the VZW network is falling over. Both AT&T and T-mobile are performing consistently adequately (downlink speeds >= 3Mbps). Both were using HSPA+ - phones weren't locked onto LTE. Of course, given how quickly the VZW LTE network hit the capacity wall, it is impossible to know what the situation will look like a year from now. This kind of decline really makes 2 year contracts questionable.
I am also seeing the same issue in downtown Seattle and South Lake Union. Sometimes LTE is completely non functional even with very strong signal. Sometimes it is barely functional with download ... See more...
I am also seeing the same issue in downtown Seattle and South Lake Union. Sometimes LTE is completely non functional even with very strong signal. Sometimes it is barely functional with download speeds of less than 200kbps. Fortunately, I carry two phones. The other is a T-Mobile phone, and it works nicely downtown.