Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,439 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

michae2414's Posts

Hey, so I'm looking more into my plan as the end of my billing cycle slowly draws near, and I wanted some clarification if possible: SuzyQ wrote: michae2414 wrote:   -When the porting ... See more...
Hey, so I'm looking more into my plan as the end of my billing cycle slowly draws near, and I wanted some clarification if possible: SuzyQ wrote: michae2414 wrote:   -When the porting process takes place and my Verizon service is cancelled, does Verizon prorate the remaining days on my billing period from the date it's cancelled, or do they still bill up to the end of the cycle?   You have already paid for the current month's service - you are billed in advance for the coming month.  What WILL be billed is any texting, roaming calls, data charges, etc, that have occurred during the month that were NOT billed in advance.     Can you clarify what you mean here? RIght now my Verizon account's telling me I have an amount $XX.XX due, so if I'm billed in advance for the upcoming month's service, am I still supposed to pay that if I'm gonna be canceling before the end of the cycle? I'm gonna be spending a bit of money initially to get new GSM phones and I'm afraid of inadvertently paying for a full month of service from Verizon that I won't be using.
Thanks for your replies, the both of you! And yes, I do plan on getting new phones since my Verizon CDMA phones won't work (my new carrier will be either AT&T or T-Mobile).
Hey there! I've done some searches on the board before posting and encountered tidbits of information I found useful, but I couldn't get all of my lingering questions answered from older posts so... See more...
Hey there! I've done some searches on the board before posting and encountered tidbits of information I found useful, but I couldn't get all of my lingering questions answered from older posts so here's my situation:   My number is the primary number on a family plan (3 lines, mine included) with Verizon, and I'm considering porting it along with the two other lines elsewhere. All three lines are no longer in a contract and are month-to-month (the 2-year agreements ended many months ago and none of the lines have been upgraded or anything since then). I'm planning to move them all to separate prepaid services through another carrier.   I'm doing my best to gather enough information about how to go about moving all three of these family plan lines with the least amount of hassle , so I've got some questions I hope I can get answered. Thanks for any assistance!   This is my understanding:   -I'll need to contact my new carrier to have a given number ported, correct? And that line will be subsequently cancelled on Verizon's end, with no ETFs since none of the lines are tied to a contract?   -Should I port the second and third lines first and not port the primary number (mine) first, so asto not cancel all the lines of service before they're ported? I'm okay porting one number at a time AKA separately instead of all at once if that simplifies the transfer process.   -When the porting process takes place and my Verizon service is cancelled, does Verizon prorate the remaining days on my billing period from the date it's cancelled, or do they still bill up to the end of the cycle? I hear it's better to wait until the end of my billing cycle (which for me is the 9th of every month) to initiate the transfer(s) so that I don't have any billing issues, but moving all three numbers on one day (even separately) sounds kinda daunting.    -Do the phones I currently have under Verizon simply "disconnect" or deactivate once service is cancelled? Will they no longer be associated with my family plan lines and therefore be free to be resold or handed off to other family members who are using Verizon? I notice many phones on eBay/Craigslist list a "cleared ESN" as a requirement for someone to activate a used phone on Verizon and wanted to know what that was about.   Thanks for any help on these concerns!