Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,887 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

JGwiz's Posts

Verizon is deaf on this problem, and apparently dumb, as well.  For months now we have had a notice on our phones that the Oreo update will be coming in a few weeks.   LOL, the joke is on Verizon... See more...
Verizon is deaf on this problem, and apparently dumb, as well.  For months now we have had a notice on our phones that the Oreo update will be coming in a few weeks.   LOL, the joke is on Verizon customers.  And the battery drain?  Deaf and dumb. 
Read through this thread to the end... Moto Z recent update! Read this... With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a ... See more...
Read through this thread to the end... Moto Z recent update! Read this... With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a little app called "AppFlash."   The app allowed Big Red to monitor your app usage to see what you were doing.   It's a system app, meaning it cannot be uninstalled. There have been MANY complaints about severe battery drain after this "update."   I experienced the same problem.  The solution is to go into "Settings/Apps".  Then click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "Show System." Now, scroll down to find "AppFlash"   This is the offending piece of garbage. Now select storage, then clear cach, then clear data. Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Permissions" and make sure Contacts/Location/Phone are all turned off. Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Data Usage" and turn off "Background data" Go back the AppFlash main screen and select "Disable" Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Force Stop" This should disable AppFlash and, if it works for you as it did for me, will resolve your battery and performance issues. Don't forget to thank Verizon for pushing this app onto your phone and remaining silent!
By the way, AppFlash is the worst thing Verizon can do to its customers.  It serves no purpose other than for VZ to monitor your phone usage.  Otherwise, why would it be kept such a secret!
YES!  Disable the app.  My last instruction should have read to "Disable" the app, then reboot. That will clear the cache and data and prevent the app from loading on starting up the phone.
With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a little app called "AppFlash."   The app allowed Big Red to monitor your app usage ... See more...
With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a little app called "AppFlash."   The app allowed Big Red to monitor your app usage to see what you were doing.   It's a system app, meaning it cannot be uninstalled. There have been MANY complaints about severe battery drain after this "update."   I experienced the same problem.  The solution is to go into "Settings/Apps".  Then click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "Show System." Now, scroll down to find "AppFlash"   This is the offending piece of garbage. Now select storage, then clear cach, then clear data. Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Permissions" and make sure Contacts/Location/Phone are all turned off. Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Data Usage" and turn off "Background data" Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Force Stop" This should disable AppFlash and, if it works for you as it did for me, will resolve your battery and performance issues. Don't forget to thank Verizon for pushing this app onto your phone and remaining silent!
Please check out this thread within the forum... Excessive Battery Drain after 7.1.1 update-possible fix After one of the security updates pushed on to the phone late last year, Verizon slip... See more...
Please check out this thread within the forum... Excessive Battery Drain after 7.1.1 update-possible fix After one of the security updates pushed on to the phone late last year, Verizon slipped in an app called AllFlash.  It turned out to be a huge battery drain and the only way to resolve it was to disable the app...Like most of the junkware that Verizon pushed on us, it could not be deleted/removed from the phone. Just as quietly as it was pushed on to the phone, it was removed on a later "security update."  Still, you might want to check your apps to see if anything looks out of place or unrecognizable.   Maybe you still have AllFlash loaded on your phone.  That could be, especially if you didn't take the subsequent update which removed it.
On March 28 I received a low data alert on my Moto Z Force.  By the time I called Verizon support I had gone over my plan limit.  I have a 12 GB plan, shared between my wife and myself.   Over th... See more...
On March 28 I received a low data alert on my Moto Z Force.  By the time I called Verizon support I had gone over my plan limit.  I have a 12 GB plan, shared between my wife and myself.   Over the past year, I have rarely gone over using 6 or 7 GB, and have never come close to using all 12 GB. In checking data usage on both phones (we each have the Moto Z Force) i found no unusual activity or data usage on my wife's phone, but discovered a HUGE spike on my phone...close to 6 GB of use in about a 24 hour period!  Verizon support, pleasant and attentive, offered the following solution: upgrade to a new higher data plan!   This means, of course, more $ out of my pocket, but there was no interest in the root cause of the trouble.  I spent several hours online researching and getting help from other user forums and finally identified the Chrome browser as the culprit.  I have now put my phone on lock-down...especially chrome browser, and the rate of data use has quieted down. I still have not been able to figure out what was going on with Chrome and am curious to see if I am not alone here in the Verizon world.  While researching this problem, several other users on other carriers who experience almost identical problems, said that their carrier credited their data use, as the usage spike was clearly an anomaly and not anything approaching historical use on their accounts.   With my experience on Verizon, the solution they offered was to bump me up to a higher cost 16 GB plan...even though I've never used more than 6 or 7 GB.   I suppose it's an easier solution, and more profitable for Verizon, but still doesn't help with understanding why my phone sucked up all that data in such a short time.
When you go to Motorola's page they say... "moto z force droid This device will be upgraded to the Android 8 (Oreo) release of Android, pending partner support." Clearly, it is Verizon that ... See more...
When you go to Motorola's page they say... "moto z force droid This device will be upgraded to the Android 8 (Oreo) release of Android, pending partner support." Clearly, it is Verizon that is holding up this update.  Motorola has Oreo ready.  Verizon is slow to roll because of the bloatware they want to bake in to the OS before releasing it. It is not factual to say that we are waiting for Motorola to release this.
Come on Verizon....can you please give us a list of the apps that you bake-in to our phones? You know...the ones that can't be uninstalled! Please?
Problem:  after updating 7.1.1, battery drain becomes excessive. Possible solution: look in your apps for a piece of garbage called "AppFlash."    Verizon baked this in to the update and pushe... See more...
Problem:  after updating 7.1.1, battery drain becomes excessive. Possible solution: look in your apps for a piece of garbage called "AppFlash."    Verizon baked this in to the update and pushed it onto your phone when you weren't looking. After taking the update my battery life was horrible and I was lucky to have 35% after 5 hours of light use. Then I found AppFlash.   I cleared the data and cache, then disabled it.  ( you cannot remove this horrible intrusion on your life....only disable it.) Now after 5 hours of light use, I'll have 75% battery. Please try this and let others know your experience.   The Verizon reps will never admit to this app being a problem.
The name of the app is AppFlash You can't remove it, but you can disable it.   Before disabling the app, clear the app data and cache. Then.. enjoy more battery time!
Ah, the Dirty Tricks of Big Red... They baked this horrible app into the OS on the 7.1.1 update, so it cannot be removed.   Before disabling, be sure to clear the cache and app data.  That "ma... See more...
Ah, the Dirty Tricks of Big Red... They baked this horrible app into the OS on the 7.1.1 update, so it cannot be removed.   Before disabling, be sure to clear the cache and app data.  That "may" help. BTW, this piece of spyware from Verizon is also causing severe battery drain for what seems to be many users. I wonder if Verizon will fix this problem by removing another piece of garbage that none of us asked for?
I too suffered excessive battery drain following the update.   Combing through installed apps, I found one that I didn't recognized...it is a Verizon app. I don't recall the exact name of the ... See more...
I too suffered excessive battery drain following the update.   Combing through installed apps, I found one that I didn't recognized...it is a Verizon app. I don't recall the exact name of the app because I was so eager to get rid of it, but I think it was something like "All Sync" or "Appsync" or something similar. I suggest you look for something similar and, if you didn't put it there, remove it. After the update I was lucky if I had 35% battery after 5 hours.  After removing this piece of cr@pware, I'm at 75%.  Verizon just slipped this one in on us. Anyone who tries this, please report your experience here.
Not Quite true...Verizon bakes in their own pre-installed apps, no?  Even found a new one after the latest secuirty patch, so Verizon does get its hands dirty! 
I know of several apps that Verizon pre-installs on our phones, regardless of whether we want them.   These apps include:Audible; IMDB; Verizon Message+; NFL Mobile; Slacker Radio; Support and Pr... See more...
I know of several apps that Verizon pre-installs on our phones, regardless of whether we want them.   These apps include:Audible; IMDB; Verizon Message+; NFL Mobile; Slacker Radio; Support and Protection; VZ Navigator. What Else? After the latest update I noticed a new, unrecognized app an my phone which I immediately uninstalled (I don't remember the name.) All these apps drain battery, storage, and memory resources.   Verizon:  please provide a full and complete list of apps you pre-install so we know what to look for. Thank you!
Android Oreo was released and made available on August 21, 2017. The Moto Z Force is about as close to stock Android as a phone get get, and Motorola states that the upgrade will become availa... See more...
Android Oreo was released and made available on August 21, 2017. The Moto Z Force is about as close to stock Android as a phone get get, and Motorola states that the upgrade will become available "pending partner support." This means it's in Verizon's hands now.  So, Verizon...how long will this take?
There is no way of knowing, of course.  Oreo has been released, and the good news is that Motorola/Lenova are pretty good about getting updates out in relative timely fashion. The bad news is ... See more...
There is no way of knowing, of course.  Oreo has been released, and the good news is that Motorola/Lenova are pretty good about getting updates out in relative timely fashion. The bad news is that it is now in Verizon's hands.  They are working diligently to bake in a number of useless apps that nobody wants and nobody uses.  Their bloatware will consume storage space and will sit there as a reminder that you do not have control over your phone.  You will not be able to remove those apps. I'd be very surprised if we see Oreo on our phones before the first of the year. Go ahead, Verizon...I dare you to give us a pleasant surprise!
I find the startup/boot screen animations and sound to be terribly annoying.  When I turn the phone on, or have to reboot, the phone announces to the world that it is powering up.   And that awfu... See more...
I find the startup/boot screen animations and sound to be terribly annoying.  When I turn the phone on, or have to reboot, the phone announces to the world that it is powering up.   And that awful RED Verizon screen.  Would love subtlety and not this in-you-face announcement to the world. Is there anyway at all to turn this off, kill it, remove, or change it?
This happened to two of my wife's S4's.   In both cases there was a problem with the screen not related to damage, but some inherent underlying deficiency in the construction.   Both times the ph... See more...
This happened to two of my wife's S4's.   In both cases there was a problem with the screen not related to damage, but some inherent underlying deficiency in the construction.   Both times the phone was replaced under warranty.   Suggest you take your phone in to Verizon shop and have an agent there confirm your phone was not damaged. By the way, this seems to be a not uncommon problem with the S4.   Web searches will get a number of hits on this problem.
Same problem here.   Phone has KitKat on it and has exhibited this exact same problem.  So far, no solutions.