Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,138 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

indianafanatic68's Posts

I called Verizon customer service yesterday and they had an exchange S7 Edge on the way to me in less than 30 minutes.  When I get that phone via FedEx tomorrow, I just need to send my Note 7 bac... See more...
I called Verizon customer service yesterday and they had an exchange S7 Edge on the way to me in less than 30 minutes.  When I get that phone via FedEx tomorrow, I just need to send my Note 7 back to them within 5 days.  Once the new Note 7s are out, I just have to reverse that process.  Don't waster your time in the stores, call call Verizon and they will take care of you. I had to pay tax on the S7 Edge, but they credited my bill for the tax I had already paid on the Note 7.  There will be no restocking fees involved at all; this is part of the recall plan they actually have in place.  The store employees are acting against instruction, so save yourself gas money, anxiety and time by just giving Verizon a call.  If they tell you to go to a store to do this, tell them that your store refused.  No problem.
How would you tell us to deal with your employees, in your stores, who tell us that they do not offer "loaner" phones, nor will they allow us to exchange our Note 7's for another phone and THEN e... See more...
How would you tell us to deal with your employees, in your stores, who tell us that they do not offer "loaner" phones, nor will they allow us to exchange our Note 7's for another phone and THEN exchange that phone, without additional cost, for a new Note 7 when they are available again? Your employees on the front lines are not getting the same message that you are giving us here.
Everyone who's posted on this recall is well aware of how wildly different the answers are that we are given to our inquiries - no two people seem to get the same information from Verizon.  And y... See more...
Everyone who's posted on this recall is well aware of how wildly different the answers are that we are given to our inquiries - no two people seem to get the same information from Verizon.  And yet, they wonder why we keep coming up with more questions?!?  This "recall" has been terribly executed, and has left many people in the dark and still holding onto the very devices they seek to replace. I've gone in twice to my local corporate Verizon store to get a loaner phone, and have been denied both times.  Actually, both times I've been advised to KEEP my Note 7 because the "danger has been blown out of proportion".  Why in the world would Verizon's own employees say that? Either publicly or privately, I would like to hear from Verizon, addressing my issues and concerns about uniformed staff & misrepresented policies.
"select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available." This part of the press r... See more...
"select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available." This part of the press release leaves much to be desired, in my opinion.  There is nothing here that states you will get a loaner phone at every VZW store, corporate or not.  Verizon still has discretion as to how many, if any, Samsung J phones they provide to Note 7 owners.  There is still a lot of leg and phone work for Note 7 owners to do in order to try and get a loan from VZW. I hope everyone gets what they want, tho!
I just re-activated my LG G3, to replace the active Note 7 on my line.  l am a bit leary about how/when/if I will get a Note 7 replacement phone.  I'm hoping that Verizon will reach out to me aga... See more...
I just re-activated my LG G3, to replace the active Note 7 on my line.  l am a bit leary about how/when/if I will get a Note 7 replacement phone.  I'm hoping that Verizon will reach out to me again once new approved units are in stock, but they didn't tell me that.
"If you looked at it in context. The fact there is a recall on something it has an expiration date on when to get them fixed. All recalls do" How long do you think the recall was in effect for... See more...
"If you looked at it in context. The fact there is a recall on something it has an expiration date on when to get them fixed. All recalls do" How long do you think the recall was in effect for your 1988 Honda CRX's seat belts?  What was your due diligence in making sure that any potential 1988 Honda CRX recalls had been addressed before buying the auto that you did?  Do you honestly think that 30 days is an acceptable time frame in which to get a faulty product fixed, switched or replaced?  If so, you, my friend, are part of the problem and NOT the solution.  I hope that one of the involved companies is paying you handsomely for your abhorrent posts. I hope your wife never finds any faults in YOUR make and model, and tries to make an insurance claim on you.
"My 1988 CRX had a seatbelt recall I recently purchased and it was never fixed.  I had to buy new seat belts as all previous owners never got it fixed." Seriously?  You bought a car that is almo... See more...
"My 1988 CRX had a seatbelt recall I recently purchased and it was never fixed.  I had to buy new seat belts as all previous owners never got it fixed." Seriously?  You bought a car that is almost 30 years old, and you are equating that with a phone that has been in the wild for less than 30 days?  You probably should have stopped your rebuttal before you started this paragraph.  The bigger picture is the contest between the manufacturer and the retailer that is selling their product.  Samsung is on the hook for producing a faulty product, and Verizon is on the hook for selling it.  Once that fault has been made public, and the voluntary recall process put in place, it's in both parties' interest to resolve it as quickly and efficiently as possible.  If that means that one or the other companies loses some money, it is much cheaper than the results from not doing right by their customers. Sure, both companies have an out by offering a different product at a different price, but I'm guessing the majority of the Note 7 owners would rather have a Note 7 that is functionally safe and sound.  If getting that safe phone into their hands means eating a 15% restocking fee, the value of that cost FAR exceeds increased bad press, lost subscriber revenue and perpetual message board trolling.
"Because 20 different people can see the exact same car wreck and tell different stores to people." If each of those people agreed that the people in the car were killed, pray tell, what is th... See more...
"Because 20 different people can see the exact same car wreck and tell different stores to people." If each of those people agreed that the people in the car were killed, pray tell, what is the difference that makes a difference?  Is it that the car rolled 3 times vs. 7 times?  That the car hit it could have only been traveling 100 mph, and not possible that it was traveling 115 mph? The driver that caused the wreck was texting, not searching for a better radio station? To quote one of the greatest statespeople of our time, "What difference does it make?!?" /s
And this was from my chat with Samsung this morning: Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator
From my chat with Verizon this morning: Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator
The new Note 7s, available to replace our faulty ones, will not be available until after October 1st.  As such, we will be required to pay a restocking fee if we want to do a straight Note-for-No... See more...
The new Note 7s, available to replace our faulty ones, will not be available until after October 1st.  As such, we will be required to pay a restocking fee if we want to do a straight Note-for-Note exchange.  The whole "No restocking fee for the month of September" is only helpful for those not wanting another Note 7.