Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,974 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

wfitz1964's Posts

yes I Know LTE has absolutely nothing to do with call. However Verizon's service is terrible here in terms of voice reliability. I have tried everything . I feel I'm just going to have to move to... See more...
yes I Know LTE has absolutely nothing to do with call. However Verizon's service is terrible here in terms of voice reliability. I have tried everything . I feel I'm just going to have to move to another provider.
I see att building cell towers in prime locations in castro valley. All verizon seems to tout their XLTE it doesn't matter much after I have had three important calls dropped spot 4g serive and f... See more...
I see att building cell towers in prime locations in castro valley. All verizon seems to tout their XLTE it doesn't matter much after I have had three important calls dropped spot 4g serive and fact less than .65 miles away you have cell tower permitted but not shovel in site while att is building cell sites. I'm feeling very left out here the only place in castro valley where my phone worked was in ER at eden that was because it had cell site or at BART. I'm knort very happy with poor service. In a sense its put up or shut up for a while until my contract runs out & I can use better locations of att towers .
I have had three dropped calls poor LTE service in Castro valley.  I'm in the valley of the uninformed . I see att building cell towers like gangbusters. I see verizon has cell site permitted .65... See more...
I have had three dropped calls poor LTE service in Castro valley.  I'm in the valley of the uninformed . I see att building cell towers like gangbusters. I see verizon has cell site permitted .65 mile from me but nothing is being done.
I have been best with poor signal strength issues for 10 years. One method is to use a cell phone reaper & out door antenna. It works there are devices on the market which will give you a signal ... See more...
I have been best with poor signal strength issues for 10 years. One method is to use a cell phone reaper & out door antenna. It works there are devices on the market which will give you a signal but it will be limited to 3g .  I don't think there are repeaters that work on 4g yet. Second method which I use is Samsung femto cell. It works with its rang is limited . It also will only give you 3g service. The next step is to examine the heat maps which shows estimated signal strength you should be receiving in your area. Remember the construction of your house which floor your on and other RF sources can and do have effect of wireless performance. Even something as simple as venetian blind railing metal can effect cell phone performance. Those are my advice. finally is talking to neighbors and finding out who service works best in each area. Chances are you will know truth as which one is best .
Thats best method. I did that with DISH with their so called internet service. To put it in one words "BAD". They have a capped service check this out . they claim to give you 5 GB allowance each... See more...
Thats best method. I did that with DISH with their so called internet service. To put it in one words "BAD". They have a capped service check this out . they claim to give you 5 GB allowance each month. Well it has a catch quid pro quo. you actually get 50 % from 6 am to 1 AM. Well do you think I'm using my broadband from 1 am to 6 AM. What a rip not mention it was spotty & unreliable plus you sing a contract that has "no" grace period if you change your mind in a day or week your out of luck. well except I took my case to BBB & FCC explained why the service was fundamentally flawed & would not work in my case. They rescinded the contract & didn't charge me. This is how deal with some of these agreements that sometimes are heavily slanted in companies favour. I understood if I had waited 3 to 6 months I wouldn't had a chance. you have to know how as a person to state how unreasonable they are make your case stick to facts. If the facts are in your favour most companies do not wish to look like fools .
They have what is called heat maps which give a reasonable indication of QOS quality of service. I am also beset by reception problems. well I have bad news for you any type of wireless service i... See more...
They have what is called heat maps which give a reasonable indication of QOS quality of service. I am also beset by reception problems. well I have bad news for you any type of wireless service is predicated of "best effort" meaning they try best to deliver service to as many paid subscribers in service area. They figure their statistics based of how many service workers great  ok and lastly outliers like me and you. You raise a case to state regulator or local that you feel your community has been targeted by bias in heat maps & why it should be fixed. It might work or might not. A better effort is to take your case to FCC. If you can prove there is favoritism in delivery of service to your community then they will deal with verizon but the FCC isn't going to pay much attention if your a crank and keep pestering them . My angle has been to keep plugging away at it explain business reasons of why they need to extend service but being respectful to Verizon. Keeping pressure on them maybe even helping them if local community is biased against adding cell tower or other Red tape . Give them benefit of doubt too they may be hampered by community or local state justification that just wont grant any service improvements.
>> Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  Please see Does anyone know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake chabot in Castro Valley ? << Message... See more...
>> Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  Please see Does anyone know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake chabot in Castro Valley ? << Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I'm having the same problem in castro valley for years . I don't that answer I do know you can look up cell sites in your area antennasearch it will tell you local cell phone cells. also opensign... See more...
I'm having the same problem in castro valley for years . I don't that answer I do know you can look up cell sites in your area antennasearch it will tell you local cell phone cells. also opensignal is a choice. I have used some techious to help deal with marginal signal issues. On is Samsung femto cell which does work . I would recommend this if you have NO signal is you have a marginal one bark a frequent dropped calls a cell hone repeater works good. It amplifies signal a rebroadcasts signal both in transmit receive directions. This is what you can do . another is contact local verizon as well as afromented sites. I can feel you pain. Be persistent get information make a strong business case why they should augment or expand services to your area . also find if your neighbors use verizon .lastly check to see if your neighbors use competing services & if they are better & bid your time and move providers. I'm in that phase right now.
I also own a Samsung network extender. It didn't start off smoothly but in the end it worked out. I periodically notice sys light will blink red this is often has to do with network activity it a... See more...
I also own a Samsung network extender. It didn't start off smoothly but in the end it worked out. I periodically notice sys light will blink red this is often has to do with network activity it also occurs around 8:30 pm which is more than likely peak time for network use by Cable modems in my area. I have noticed LED will turn amber if my wireless device is not in my home . in your case I would call verizon & make sure they do not block any TCP & UDP ports or IP address make sure you also call verizon & make sure your device is registered. lastly make sure in router IP address is registered and in some cases you can configure either port triggering or pass thru. My experience is Samsung modem only routes EVDO & 3G signal as far as LTE your out of luck. I also live in a dead zone here in castro valley & I have posted my request for cell hone tower installation. All this device does is give you 50 to 100 square foot bubble of cell phone service in 3g . Beyond that it is godsend but I also remind cell phone signal booster out in market that work compatible well if the site has some marginal signal strenght. If there is no signal this is only game in town until VOIP solution comes out from verizon.
I keep trying to poke them into action. I did send a email to the regulator who seemed to indicate the license or regulations we good to go . Maybe thier so hard pressed in building sites as you ... See more...
I keep trying to poke them into action. I did send a email to the regulator who seemed to indicate the license or regulations we good to go . Maybe thier so hard pressed in building sites as you said although it seemed wrapped up a year ago. My friend ATT service is excellent here and the exact location has att tower there so I know this would work its just a matter of prodding Verizon into action . my hope is they will notice and do something about this .
man it would be great if they built it . not only for proctor park but it would get rid of this dead zone because this tower would be less than a mile away from my home.
does any one know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake Chabot in castro valley ? I have information from antennaseach web site and I hope this site will be built Ownership Info Rep ... See more...
does any one know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake Chabot in castro valley ? I have information from antennaseach web site and I hope this site will be built Ownership Info Rep Company: Verizon Wireless Contact: Steve Regitz Phone: (770)797-1070 Email: Network.Regulatory@VerizonWireless.com Attn: Network Regulatory Address: 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 GASA5REG Alpharetta, GA, 30009 Owner Company: GTE Mobilnet of California Limited Partnership Contact: Not Recorded Phone: (770)797-1070 Email: Network.Regulatory@VerizonWireless.com Attn: Network Regulatory Address: 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 GASA5REG Alpharetta, GA, 30009 Tower Characteristics Registration #: 1286607 Latitude: 37.7181 Longitude: -122.0929 Structure Type: Pole Status: Granted Date Constructed: NA Ground Elev: 469.2 feet Height Of Structure: 40.0 feet Overall Height: 514.1 feet Structure Address: 3910 Brookdale Boulevard Castro Valley, CA History Purpose Status Date Addnl Info Amendment Granted 01/22/2013 --- Adm Update Granted 08/01/2013 I have three reason why I think it would be good business sense to built this site Lake Chabot is a regional park and there are often people who walk there & can become injured or sick . there are no pay phones & ranger do make sweeps but cell phone service from Verizon is non-existent there . Lake Chabot blvd has a dead zone there I have walked down that street & right in front of the park is the dead zone which extends behind the mountain into San Leandro. the neighborhood where I live at is dead zone having the lobe behind the park would give much better access to cell signal . it has improved since XLTE rolled out because I looked openSignal and found a cell site in Castro Valley high was active. Castro valley has been a issue for me verizon while I enjoy the coverage & excellent service this isn't so for where I live. It has been improved by uses of femto cell that sell from Samsung but that is only 50 SQ feet the rest of the property I wrestler with drooped call & of course its always most important call that is dropped .
I have two question cell service is spotty here in castro valley.  It has improved with samsung pico cell . the last samsung product I'll own BYTW. This XLTE  , i think it should been called AW... See more...
I have two question cell service is spotty here in castro valley.  It has improved with samsung pico cell . the last samsung product I'll own BYTW. This XLTE  , i think it should been called AWS but its marketing.  I have HTC one M7 but you list of devices only lists the M* not M7 as capable of using this service .  How many more devices will be retrofitted or have capability built in ? or is this another ploy where you have to buy new equipment to enjoy this offering.  This seems to be more of the case of "Planned" obsolesce of devices.
It is working but sometimes quality drops& sometimes quality is excellent. My feeling is some of problem is in my network speed is intermittent on down side up load is ok. So I'm inclined to cons... See more...
It is working but sometimes quality drops& sometimes quality is excellent. My feeling is some of problem is in my network speed is intermittent on down side up load is ok. So I'm inclined to consider a weak link on my own network. More on that latter. Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
>Duplicate post deleted and locked. Please follow this question at the link below< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I received my Verizon network extender yesterday 3/20/13 .  I have blue, flashing red, purple, blue LED.  IT does nothing else I can't ping it on my network nor can I use my web browser to commun... See more...
I received my Verizon network extender yesterday 3/20/13 .  I have blue, flashing red, purple, blue LED.  IT does nothing else I can't ping it on my network nor can I use my web browser to communicate with it.  In short its 250 dollar paper weight.  I tried calling Comcast my network service provider they want to sell me tier 2 support and will never accept the fact their network is basically constipated .  I got a list of IP and ports that are blocked .  so the problem is two possibilities one unit is defective or network is blocked and like "Game of Death" I have to fight my way up corporate ladder to find out who really knows or cares about my plight . >Attachment edited to remove VZW Reps personal info< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
>Duplicate post deleted. Please follow this question at the link below< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator