Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
Is there a way to disable or turn off the Verizon updates to a Galaxy S4? After the last big update, I had to do a factory reset and rebuild the phone from scratch.
Did the update this am. This is what it looks like on my phone. The problem is the data connection and it seems to affect both 4G and Wi-Fi, so fixing wi-fi isn't going to help. Some apps a... See more...
Did the update this am. This is what it looks like on my phone. The problem is the data connection and it seems to affect both 4G and Wi-Fi, so fixing wi-fi isn't going to help. Some apps are affected, and some are not, even though they all use the data connection. Google maps app, Google Play store, Weatherbug, etc all have problems. Error message is: can't connect to server, network error, bad proxy configuration. I've been using the Baidu web browser, and it seems to work okay, but most of the popular browsers are affected by this problem. Otherwise, everything else seems to be okay. So far. In any case, I think the problem is somewhere in the general communications software of the S4. I'm hoping that others will check this theory out and verify which apps, which require data communications, still work, and which ones don't. Also hoping that others will verify whether the problem affects both 4G and wi-fi.
It's been replaced.
When reading books on my phone, the background is set to a solid white.   On my Eris, this is bright, even, and neutral.   On my brand new Incredible 2, the screen has a color tinge,   When... Ver más...
When reading books on my phone, the background is set to a solid white.  On my Eris, this is bright, even, and neutral.  On my brand new Incredible 2, the screen has a color tinge,  When you hold the phone in portrait mode, the left 1/4 of the screen has a red tinge and the right 3/4 of the screen has a green tinge. It may be that the left side is okay, but looks reddish next to the right side, which is definitely green.  I've tested this by showing it to a few people, and they could all see this problem clearly.  Anyone else see this on their Incredible 2?   
I am the second phone on our Verizon family plan.  I bought the HTC Droid Eris last November.  Is it possible to upgrade to the Incredible, and what would it cost?  
This bugged me, too. I don't think you can change how the address is displayed. Sort of dumb that you can't see the whole address on a screen this size.   The workaround that I'm using is to pu... Ver más...
This bugged me, too. I don't think you can change how the address is displayed. Sort of dumb that you can't see the whole address on a screen this size.  The workaround that I'm using is to put the address in the "Notes" field. In this field, you can have as many lines as you want, and they all display properly.  The easiest way to do this is through the web browser on a PC, accessing Gmail and then clicking on Contacts. Much easier to copy and paste.  The calls list is equally screwed up. If a call is over a certain number of days old, you get the day of the week, the date, but not the whole phone number.
I'm in Northern Virginia.   The update message shows up about every 30 minutes or so.   So far, I've been dismissing it. Especially after reading all the things that the Droid update broke. ... See more...
I'm in Northern Virginia.  The update message shows up about every 30 minutes or so.  So far, I've been dismissing it. Especially after reading all the things that the Droid update broke.   
I woke up this morning to find the Eris update announcement staring me in the face as soon as I unlocked the phone. Choices were Update, Later, and More Info... -- Supposedly, the update is alrea... Ver más...
I woke up this morning to find the Eris update announcement staring me in the face as soon as I unlocked the phone. Choices were Update, Later, and More Info... -- Supposedly, the update is already on my phone, ready to install. It's 6.5 megabytes.  So I chose Later. I'm still curious about several things.  1. What will this update change or delete or destroy? According to some reports, it does a complete wipe. Or maybe not.  2. Unlike the Droid update, the Eris update doesn't promise enhancements or new features, just fixes for obscure bugs I haven't encountered.  http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Eris_Sofware_Update.pdf  Hardly seems worth the effort.  I think I'm going to keep pressing Later until I read reports from the braver souls out there.
My wife has the Droid and I have the Eris, so I've spent time with both phones.   The Droid is an Iphone killer. Primarily because of the giant display.   The Eris is an Iphone alternative. T... See more...
My wife has the Droid and I have the Eris, so I've spent time with both phones.  The Droid is an Iphone killer. Primarily because of the giant display.  The Eris is an Iphone alternative. The first one from Verizon. It's as close to the Iphone as Verizon has gotten.  I chose the Eris because of its size and weight and because of its more polished interface.
I looked this AM and it looks like the Eris can now see all the copy-protected apps in the Android Market.
My wife has the Droid, and when she bought it, she got a nifty, two-piece, snap-on plastic cover. Worked just fine.   Then she got the dock that turns it into a clock at night.   Ooops. The D... Ver más...
My wife has the Droid, and when she bought it, she got a nifty, two-piece, snap-on plastic cover. Worked just fine.  Then she got the dock that turns it into a clock at night.  Ooops. The Droid won't fit into the dock if it's in a case. Getting the snap-on case off the Droid was a bit of work. She hasn't put the case on since then. Too much work.  Something to meditate on if you're going to be buying one of the docks for the Droid.
There is a backup program called My Backup which will back up everything on your Eris, both in the phone and the storage card. It can be set to automatically back up your phone once a day. You ca... See more...
There is a backup program called My Backup which will back up everything on your Eris, both in the phone and the storage card. It can be set to automatically back up your phone once a day. You can move thiese backups to your PC through the USB connection and they can be used to restore your phone if something bad happens.  The good news is that you can get a thirty-day-trial version through the Android Market app on your phone.  The bad news is that you can't get the paid version on the Eris through the Android market. It's one of the hundreds of paid apps that the Droid can see, but not the Eris.  You can buy the paid version through the developer's web site, then install it with HTC sync.
It looks like Verizon is adding a bunch of new HTC phones.   HTC Imagio - available now, hardware somewhere between Eris and Droid, Bigger screen and battery, no hardware keyboard, a little hea... Ver más...
It looks like Verizon is adding a bunch of new HTC phones.  HTC Imagio - available now, hardware somewhere between Eris and Droid, Bigger screen and battery, no hardware keyboard, a little heavier than the Eris. But it runs Windows Mobile 6.5 (Yuck!).  HTC Predator - ?? - not many details available, rumors mostly, perhaps the Imagio hardware, running Android.  Imagio is currently listed on HTC web site and Verizon site.  As for the Eris, the only thing that still seems to be on the HTC site is the user manual.
This is a known bug with the HTC Hero phone interface. Thus it affects the Droid Eris.   After a while, the name under some of the app icons will change by itself. The new name usually begins w... Ver más...
This is a known bug with the HTC Hero phone interface. Thus it affects the Droid Eris.  After a while, the name under some of the app icons will change by itself. The new name usually begins with "com."  I have a lot of apps on my Eris, and this has happened to a number of them.  More here:  http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/12484-apps-slowly-losing-their-proper-names-turning-into-their-java-ones.html  http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero/725-apps-changing-names-themselves.html  This appears to be an HTC bug, not related to Android.  Someone should put up a sticky message to keep a list of known bugs.
Try K-9 Email.  I'm using it on my Eris, and it's better than the default email app.  You can get it through the Android market.  It's free.
This is now a known problem with the Eris. There are messages on the Google Market support forums complaining about this specific problem. Developers are also posting complaints about this. They ... See more...
This is now a known problem with the Eris. There are messages on the Google Market support forums complaining about this specific problem. Developers are also posting complaints about this. They are losing income.  Symptom: Eris owners can get the free version of many apps through the Market app, but not the paid version. They don't show up.  In some ways, this is a worse problem than the lack of Bluetooth voice dialing, as this affects every Eris owner.  One possibility is that the Eris is sending the wrong country location to the Market, or no country location at all.  See this: http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143779  I hope they fix this in the December OTA.  Is there a way to purchase apps outside the phone's Market app?
I don't agree.   As far as I know, the Droid is the only phone running 2.0 and it has only been out for a week. Unlikely that all of these apps are 2.0 only. If they were, it would be stated in... Ver más...
I don't agree.  As far as I know, the Droid is the only phone running 2.0 and it has only been out for a week. Unlikely that all of these apps are 2.0 only. If they were, it would be stated in the app description.  For instance: Photo BURST can be downloaded and will run on the Eris. The Pro version is only the license file that enables the advanced features.But the Eris can't get this file.  It's something else.  One clue is the different appearance of the Market app between the Droid and the Eris (We have both.)  Note: The Eclair SDK has only been available since October 26.  
Here's one example. I want to buy the Pro version of Photo BURST.   When I search in the Market, only the free version shows up.   When I search on my wife's Motorola Droid, the same search t... Ver más...
Here's one example. I want to buy the Pro version of Photo BURST.  When I search in the Market, only the free version shows up.  When I search on my wife's Motorola Droid, the same search turns up both the free version and the pro (paid) version.  I have noticed this with a number of other apps as well. The paid versions show up on the Droid, but not the Eris.  Searching in the Market for the word "pro" yields 461 items on the Droid, 191 on the Eris.  Is there some way to get past this restriction on the Eris?