You found the best way to download a lot of content from your Verizon Cloud with the PC app.  You didn't say how you tried it so I don't know if the error you go was with the sync folder or the resto... Ver más...
You found the best way to download a lot of content from your Verizon Cloud with the PC app.  You didn't say how you tried it so I don't know if the error you go was with the sync folder or the restore funciton under the backup tab. Try with these instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200364/  I like this approach over the web inteface because web interface has to gather information about all of the files and put it into a single large zip file.  The PC interface just downloads individual files into the PC folder of your choosing.  The other challeng with the web interface is we are forced you to log out of the web interface after 60 minutes.  When that happens, the download continues but if you close the browser, the download stops. If you need assistance with the PC app, write the developers at verizon cloud (at) verizonwireless.com.  
Easiest way I can think of to blow away all of your cloud content is to use the web interface (or possibly the desktop app) and delete them in bulk from there.  Then go back to you phone cloud ap... Ver más...
Easiest way I can think of to blow away all of your cloud content is to use the web interface (or possibly the desktop app) and delete them in bulk from there.  Then go back to you phone cloud app, and select what to backup under settings.
Not sure why you're having the problems you did.  I go verizonwireless.com/cloud and pick the link: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless   that takes me directly to the web interface for ... Ver más...
Not sure why you're having the problems you did.  I go verizonwireless.com/cloud and pick the link: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless   that takes me directly to the web interface for the cloud.  There I can edit and delete contacts.   Try again and see what that link tells you.  It looks like they updated the web interface so your problems may have gone away. I don't use the PC app because with a web interface/phone interface, i don't need another PC app.
HenrikUSA You can go to verizonwireless.com/cloud and login to see your cloud from your internet broswer.  The direct link is: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless If you want a PC... Ver más...
HenrikUSA You can go to verizonwireless.com/cloud and login to see your cloud from your internet broswer.  The direct link is: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless If you want a PC application, on the bottom of the verzonwireless.com/cloud page is a link to download the app.  That direct link is: Verizon Cloud Desktop Apps
Think of it as a sync instead of a backup which is a little different than media.   Verizon Cloud will sync your call logs & txt messages to the cloud based on whatever that list of items looks l... Ver más...
Think of it as a sync instead of a backup which is a little different than media.   Verizon Cloud will sync your call logs & txt messages to the cloud based on whatever that list of items looks like at the time of the backup.  So, if you delete a call log/textmessage, when the cloud does it's next backup, it will reflect those deletions.  This is different than the way media is handled.  Media is a backup in the sense if you delete media from your phone, it will remain in the cloud until you delete it from the cloud.
Text and call logs do not have 'views' like photos, videos and music, it is a backup & restore only function.   You could try restoring them if you want to see them using the Restore function und... Ver más...
Text and call logs do not have 'views' like photos, videos and music, it is a backup & restore only function.   You could try restoring them if you want to see them using the Restore function under tools but that will download it to your device again, most likely putting back some calls/text messages you have deleted so you would have to delete again. If it is saying it backed up that many calls/txts, you probably won't know for sure until you try to restore it to a phone (new or current).
Phones have advanced to the point of the PC.  Applications run all the time on PCs that you aren't aware of and then they shut down.  BA must be like that too.  Yes, on windows PCs you can go in ... Ver más...
Phones have advanced to the point of the PC.  Applications run all the time on PCs that you aren't aware of and then they shut down.  BA must be like that too.  Yes, on windows PCs you can go in and disable the service from running.  Android has something similar.  Go to settings, scroll down to Apps, find the app you want to disable, tap on it, then you should see force stop and disable.   I don't think this is permanant.  If you restart your phone it will probably start again.   But with your sync solution, it won't sync again.
You can download the PC (or mac) desktop application.  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=54607 or you can sign into My Verizon ( http://www.verizonwirel... Ver más...
You can download the PC (or mac) desktop application.  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=54607 or you can sign into My Verizon ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon ) then navigate to MyVerizon/Manage & Store media.