Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,338 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MgLuvin's Posts

Verizon didn't make the s4, but it continues to sell them. They are one of the largest customers of Samsung. They probably have more influence than do a thousand complaint letters. Verizon ca... See more...
Verizon didn't make the s4, but it continues to sell them. They are one of the largest customers of Samsung. They probably have more influence than do a thousand complaint letters. Verizon can continue to have their dishonest CSRs lie to the customers, pretend this issue doesn't exist, or they can advocate on behalf of their clients and pressure the company. They continue to sell this product, and thefail to own up and admit LED issue isn't a fluke. Samsung won't replace these phones free, but Verizon could try and get the $200 repair charge decreased due to a defective design. It's likely this product has enough demand and been out long enough to reduce the cost of the AMOLED. Subsidize the screens, let us do the labor.
Look I don't hate on waiters or customer service, I have been in those crummy jobs that require a pulse and pay $10/hr part time. I would never treat a customer like this, blatant dishonesty and ... See more...
Look I don't hate on waiters or customer service, I have been in those crummy jobs that require a pulse and pay $10/hr part time. I would never treat a customer like this, blatant dishonesty and imaginary explanations. If you don't know the answer ("uhh...phones in your pocket bend over time"), just get someone who does. I know it's the SOP, but please don't thank me for my complaint and sell me insurance. Just take two minutes to do your job and tell someone who knows what they're doing. Any functional human being would say something like: "Verizon listens to its customers. Due to the large number of complaints about the AMOLED screen breaking under normal use, we have done our jobs as CSRs and forwarded your concerns to our engineers/supervisor/president of the usa/whatever. We will attempt to discover if there is a manufacturers defect with some of these phones and work out a solution that is reasonable for the buyer and seller."
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: This is not a known issue on Samsung devices. A cracked screen is a sign of physical damage which the manufactures warranty does not cover. ... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: This is not a known issue on Samsung devices. A cracked screen is a sign of physical damage which the manufactures warranty does not cover.   This is dishonest. You just lie to people and tell them what they want to hear. How did you determine that this is not a known issue? What were the statistics you checked? I spoke to people at Samsung's repair center and they say this is one of the most common issues. You obviously do not have any respect for yourself, your company, or your customers.
The problems your customers are having are the words: "...but if it is determined to be physical damage." It is impossible for a customer to prove they did not damage the phone, even if it sh... See more...
The problems your customers are having are the words: "...but if it is determined to be physical damage." It is impossible for a customer to prove they did not damage the phone, even if it shows no damage. My phone showed no damage at all. Samsung revoked my warranty claiming "abuse," and billed me $200 for a repair. The AMOLED cracked from pressure in my pocket somehow. While it was in my pocket, I did not dive to catch a football and land on it, sit on it, or do anything else that you would think would cause a $600 phone to be damaged from "abuse." Nicolas, how would you suggest a customer proves it is not physical damage?
My phone's AMOLED (LED) broke while in my pocket, as I leaned against a museum railing. It cracked along the top 1/3 of the phone, on a horizontal line, similar to the photo below. The glass was ... See more...
My phone's AMOLED (LED) broke while in my pocket, as I leaned against a museum railing. It cracked along the top 1/3 of the phone, on a horizontal line, similar to the photo below. The glass was not damaged.  I think it's no secret the S4 is flawed, and the Samsung CSR told me this is a common problem. She admitted it after they revoked my warranty for "Abuse" of the phone, and charged me the $200 for a repair. I don't even see why Samsung has a warranty, because there's no way they are going to admit a defect, since their techs are the judges of that. For a company whose making huge profits off their popular Galaxy, I am surprised they aren't afraid of being sued. If you open the battery cover you can see the battery occupies the bottom 2/3 of the phone. The top 1/3 is only protected by a weak plastic housing, not strong enough to handle a small amount of pressure. The design weakness causes the cracks to occur at the top part of the screen with even a slight amount of pressure. The rear battery cover is very flimsy as well. My old Motorola was much stronger, and had metal on it's edges for support and protection.