Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,387 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

kmarq4ever's Posts

Thanks burgler2112 for that link!!! I had seen that there was an update to Verizon Messenger last week that supposedly stopped it from interfering with 3rd party apps. It worked for about a week ... See more...
Thanks burgler2112 for that link!!! I had seen that there was an update to Verizon Messenger last week that supposedly stopped it from interfering with 3rd party apps. It worked for about a week (the longest I had to go without a restart) and finally today glitched out again. I checked the link you provided, and I just looked back and saw the message I was waiting for from today, and several text messages I've missed over the past few months Incidentally, I don't know if it's consequence or not, but that web link only takes me as far back as January which is when I started having the problems. I don't know if that has to do with this or if that's just the cutoff for having the messages online. In either case, I think Verizon has some explaining to do.
Hello, I have had a recurring issue on my Droid Turbo since somewhere between the end of December and sometime in January where I suddenly stop receiving text messages. (Sending messages and cal... See more...
Hello, I have had a recurring issue on my Droid Turbo since somewhere between the end of December and sometime in January where I suddenly stop receiving text messages. (Sending messages and calling works fine). After I restart my phone, it will begin working properly again and then at some point messages just stop again. I've called customer service several times, and have troubleshooted with tech support. I also had a network ticket in, and it seemed like whatever was changed had worked for a while, but at some point I realized it was happening again. I basically have gotten into a habit of restarting my phone daily. The problem persists across three apps I have tried-- the stock Android app, some Google app, and Textra (the primary I use and had used for about a year and some change before the problem). I also did a factory reset at one point so I am no longer suspecting the phone to be the problem. After the factory reset, tech support directed me to make a bunch of changes to my phone. I communicated with someone during the Network Ticket, and they were seeing messages I hadn't received as "delivered". I was told shortly after that some changes were made to my routing (?) and that the problem was resolved. This seems to be happening to other people as well on these posts, but no one is getting a response: Not receiving texts  (I found this and added a reply there as well, but it appears no one from support is following that thread anymore) Not receiving messages Verizon, PLEASE look into this issue. It is giving me a very negative opinion of your service as I work off of text messages. I cannot risk missing messages throughout the day.