I would like to get information about the loyalty plan.  I don't want to post my email address publicly if I don't have to but you should have it since I'm logged in to communities via my verizon... See more...
I would like to get information about the loyalty plan.  I don't want to post my email address publicly if I don't have to but you should have it since I'm logged in to communities via my verizon account.  ¡Gracias!
I pay most of my bills online and there is usually a cutoff time for my payment to be posted to my account on that date.  This information usually appears somewhere on the web page where I pay th... See more...
I pay most of my bills online and there is usually a cutoff time for my payment to be posted to my account on that date.  This information usually appears somewhere on the web page where I pay the bill.  For example, it may state,  "Note:  Payments made after 6:00pm ET will be posted the following business day."  I do not see any such statement on either the first or second page of Verizon's online payment process.  It's not even in the "Terms and Conditions" that I have to agree to before submitting my payment. With other companies, I can also see this information SOMEWHERE on my bill.  It's usually in fine print under "Payment Options" where they state that you can make a payment online but specify what time it needs to be made in order to be posted on that date.  I learned a long time ago to pay close attention to the time zone specified because it is rarely Central/Standard Time.  I have searched every page (front and back) of my Verizon bill and cannot find the information I'm looking for. I've searched the website's support info and there is no time deadline mentioned.  I've searched the forum and cannot find where anyone else has asked this question. Some of us live paycheck-to-paycheck and can just barely pay our bills on time.  If I wait until after 7pm CST to make my payment, it won't hit my bank until the next day.  I don't want to assume, however, that I have until 11:59pm to make my payment for it to be posted to my Verizon account on the day I make it. Does anyone know for sure if there is a cutoff time or deadline for online payments? Muchas gracias.
I've done all of that and it did not help.
I was told by my ISP that there is no firmware update for my router and if they send me a new router I will have to pay shipping charges.  We live in a rural area and can't just run to the store ... See more...
I was told by my ISP that there is no firmware update for my router and if they send me a new router I will have to pay shipping charges.  We live in a rural area and can't just run to the store for a new router.  When I explained to him that Verizon had stated that my router had a level 5 security and my husband's razr maxx is a level 7 or 8, he said in his 20 years in IT he had never heard those terms and it sounded live Verizon/Motorola were just trying to pass the buck.
Did getting a new router solve the problem?  I'm wondering because the same thing happened to us.  When I talked to tech support at my ISP he said that didn't make sense and that in his 20 years ... See more...
Did getting a new router solve the problem?  I'm wondering because the same thing happened to us.  When I talked to tech support at my ISP he said that didn't make sense and that in his 20 years in IT he had never heard of "Level 5" or "Level 7 or 8" security which are terms Verizon used to explain that this superior phone wasn't compatible with my inferior router.  I feel we should have been informed of this possiblity when we bought the phone last month.
I have a similar problem.  The app is there but when I touch it I get an error message: "Sorry! The application Music (process com.htc.music) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again. ... See more...
I have a similar problem.  The app is there but when I touch it I get an error message: "Sorry! The application Music (process com.htc.music) has stopped unexpectedly.  Vuelve a intentarlo. Force close" I was going to try to uninstall and re-install the app.  Can I do that or do I also need to do a factory reset? If I do a factory reset, what and how can I back things up first?  I'm linked to facebook, hotmail and google.  I guess I will just have to set all of that up again?