GOOD NEWS, for me, at least. I never did receive a follow up to "Awaiting approval" to follow that CS agent, but I decided to try *611 just one more time. I encountered a very responsive rep name... Ver más...
GOOD NEWS, for me, at least. I never did receive a follow up to "Awaiting approval" to follow that CS agent, but I decided to try *611 just one more time. I encountered a very responsive rep named Jo Anne, who in turn introduced me to a very responsive supervisor, Nolan, and within minutes I was given a credit for the EFT. He asked me to return the Home Phone Connect device to my local VZW store, which seemed reluctant to process the return. But they did, and even waived the re-stocking fee because this case was "such a mess." When I returned home, my account balance showed "Payed in Full!!", and this morning I had a confirming email from AccountNotify at VZW. So thank you B33, as well as Ann154 and all the other folks who responded to my original post. There do appear to be live, responsive, and even caring people somewhere in the bowels of the VZW system! --cld91711
Perhaps I spoke prematurely: I went to Tasks, clicked the red check, went to notifications - and found out that I was "rejected." And when I hover over the CS rep's name, "Ayani_VZW," I am still ... Ver más...
Perhaps I spoke prematurely: I went to Tasks, clicked the red check, went to notifications - and found out that I was "rejected." And when I hover over the CS rep's name, "Ayani_VZW," I am still "Awaiting approval" because that rep has not logged in since I was sent the Action item. It's very frustrating!
Thanks, B33. Thanks to you and other community members, I have begun to figure this out. I am now "waiting approval' from my original CS rep. Thanks again for your interest and a very helpful... Ver más...
Thanks, B33. Thanks to you and other community members, I have begun to figure this out. I am now "waiting approval' from my original CS rep. Thanks again for your interest and a very helpful posting. --cld91711
Thanks, Ann154: You made me pay more attention to the initial drop-down menu, so now i can join the community once more and can reply and "Follow." Unfortunately, when I try to "Follow," there's ... Ver más...
Thanks, Ann154: You made me pay more attention to the initial drop-down menu, so now i can join the community once more and can reply and "Follow." Unfortunately, when I try to "Follow," there's no hint about how long to wait (or hold on) as one waits for approval. I'm hoping that my triggering that doesn't require me to hold on until the CS sender is next online. Thanks again, --cld91711
Dear Ann154, I am now locked out of the Verzion Wireless Community. When I go to the link below "View the full discussion" or when I try to go tyhrough signing in from my Verizon Wireless acc... Ver más...
Dear Ann154, I am now locked out of the Verzion Wireless Community. When I go to the link below "View the full discussion" or when I try to go tyhrough signing in from my Verizon Wireless account, I get asked to register (again!) and then get told that my screen name and email address are already taken. So, this email seems my only way of responding. --cld91711
Dear Ann 154, I don't know how to answer your question because I can't identify the message you're referring to in your link. I was trying to respond to the reply from Verizon Wireless Custom... Ver más...
Dear Ann 154, I don't know how to answer your question because I can't identify the message you're referring to in your link. I was trying to respond to the reply from Verizon Wireless Customer Support posted on 28 July at 10:15 AM, and signed by Ayani_VZW. I don't know where I'm answering your question at all! Thanks, --cld91711
Dear SuzyQ, When I hover I get a similar box, but WITHOUT a "Follow" button. Hence my frustration (or at least part of my frustration). Thanks, --cld91711
Dear "tikibar1," I've already been "promised" more than six (6) times by calling Customer Service (*611). That's why I decided to post my original plaintive question. Thanks for your inte... Ver más...
Dear "tikibar1," I've already been "promised" more than six (6) times by calling Customer Service (*611). That's why I decided to post my original plaintive question. Thanks for your interest, --cld91711
Thanks, "B33"! I am finding that dealing with VCS is getting to be still more frustrating. The admin_moderator' sent me instructions on how to send a DM, but they didn't work: "Hovering" over... Ver más...
Thanks, "B33"! I am finding that dealing with VCS is getting to be still more frustrating. The admin_moderator' sent me instructions on how to send a DM, but they didn't work: "Hovering" over the sender's name produced a user profile of sorts, but no pop-up box with a "Follow" button. I am getting to the point where I will just resign myself to an unfair ETF and at some point leave Verizon altogether. But I appreciate your trying to help. Best, --cld91711
Thanks, "rcschnoor"! I am finding that dealing with VCS is getting to be still more frustrating. The admin_moderator' sent me instructions on how to send a DM, but they didn't work: "Hovering... Ver más...
Thanks, "rcschnoor"! I am finding that dealing with VCS is getting to be still more frustrating. The admin_moderator' sent me instructions on how to send a DM, but they didn't work: "Hovering" over the sender's name produced a user profile of sorts, but no pop-up box with a "Follow" button. I am getting to the point where I will just resign myself to an unfair ETF and at some point leave Verizon altogether. But I appreciate your trying to help. Best, --cld91711
Dear "admin.moderator", I appreciate your trying to help me, but I could not make your DM instructions work. When I hovered over the user Verizon Customer Support" (on 28 July at 10:13 AM, I ... Ver más...
Dear "admin.moderator", I appreciate your trying to help me, but I could not make your DM instructions work. When I hovered over the user Verizon Customer Support" (on 28 July at 10:13 AM, I do NOT get a pop-up box that says "Follow" in it. I get a box with a user profile that basically says the email address is "Private." Perhaps you can get Ayani_VZW to provide me with a link so I can send her/him a DM? Thanks, --Clive (cld91711) PS: While I see other posts, I don't see how I can reply to them. Is there something wrong with my Mac that doesn't show any "Reply" button.
Dear Ayani_VZW, Thank you for your note, but I am puzzled: 1. I have had several VZW "curomer service" representatives and supervisors tell me that since my Home Phone Connect produced ve... Ver más...
Dear Ayani_VZW, Thank you for your note, but I am puzzled: 1. I have had several VZW "curomer service" representatives and supervisors tell me that since my Home Phone Connect produced very degraded service and disconnected our home alarm system, I should not -- and would not -- have to pay the ETF. I don't understand why VZW can't waive that after only three weeks (instead of 14 days) under the circumstances. I also find it incredible that VZW does not have a mechanism by which a waiver of EFT can be granted or an equivalent dollar credit cannot be put in my account. BTW, I was not looking for Home Phone Connect service. It was a salesman and then a local VZW store manager (David, in Montclair, CA) who very strongly pushed me toward this just after I bought two new iPhone 5s for my wife and me. He assured me the service and quality would be indistinguishable from our (copper) land lines. And I tried it for three weeks, instead of two. And no one I ever talked to said anything about an ETF. 2. I appreciate the note from  that I was replying to a forum, rather than responding to an email. However, I did not see a "Reply" link on the web site, and I did not understand what a "DM" instruction means. ¿Qué se supone que debo hacer? (And while my name and iPhone number are given here, I'm not including my password.) I really would appreciate your help in finally and successfully resolving this matter. The whoile business, including the effort to reconnect our (copper) land lines, has taken an enormous amount of time and has caused me a lot of aggravation. If I don't get a waiver or credit or refund, at some point in the future I will terminate all of my Verizon services (both wireless and land line) and find other providers. While I have enjoyed Verizon until recently, the amount of "wear and tear" because of this is just beyond my ability to deal with. So, I really hope you can -- and will -- help. --Clive (cld91711) Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. To send a Direct Message (DM) to a user, first follow them by hovering over their name and clicking "Follow" in the pop-up box. Then, you may click their name to be taken to their user page, where you will find a Direct Message link. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Dear Ayani_VZW, I am puzzled by your reply: 1. I was promised by several of your "customer service" representatives (and supervisors) that the ETF would be waived. And it is very hard for... Ver más...
Dear Ayani_VZW, I am puzzled by your reply: 1. I was promised by several of your "customer service" representatives (and supervisors) that the ETF would be waived. And it is very hard for me to believe that Verizon does not have the ability to do such waivers. 2. I don't understand what you mean by "DM you name, wireless number and billing system password." My name is below, as is my wireless number, but should I give out my password in an email? I hope to hear from you (although I am not optimistic). Best, --Clive (cld91711) Private information removed in accordance with the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I understand your answer, for which I thank you. In part the fault is mine because I didn't realize I was buying something under the usual cellphone rules. But what I didn't mention was that the ... Ver más...
I understand your answer, for which I thank you. In part the fault is mine because I didn't realize I was buying something under the usual cellphone rules. But what I didn't mention was that the reasons I returned it were that: (a) our voice quality was so degraded that everyone who called us -- without exception -- commented that they couldn't hear us and any sounds were very tinny; and (b) it severed the connection to our home security system and essentially disabled it. This after having been assured by the local store manager that I wouldn't notice any change in service or quality. So, yes, to the letter of the rules, they probably have me. But for a week's difference (21 days vs 14) I would have thought they might make an accommodation for a customer who has been with them for quite a while.
I was led into a very unfortunate situation by a super-friendly Verizon Wireless store manager: I was lobbied into trying Verizon's Home Phone Connect, which led to a series of unfortunate events... Ver más...
I was led into a very unfortunate situation by a super-friendly Verizon Wireless store manager: I was lobbied into trying Verizon's Home Phone Connect, which led to a series of unfortunate events and an even longer series of phone calls to Verizon. The issue was that I was charged an Early Termination Fee for trying Verizon's new Home Phone Connect device and service, which I cancelled after just three weeks. No one told me there would be any termination fee when I cancelled. Further, through a very long series of phone calls I was repeatedly told that I should not have been charged such a fee, that I would not be charged such a fee, and that someone would call back to confirm that. Need;less to say, no one ever called back, and the fee remained on my bill. I sent a letter to Verizon in duplicate -- to  both "Billing" in Dallas and "Correspondence Team" in Wallingford -- and included a check for all but the Early Termination Fee of $175.00 Now, they've cashed my check and reduced my bill to just that Early Termination Fee. But I haven't heard anything back from anyone at Verizon, I am unsure what to do next. I've long been a customer of Verizon (both Verizon Communication for our home (copper) land line, and Verizon Wireless for our wireless phones, and we like our new iPhone 5 smartphones. But I am sufficiently irritated and upset to think about switching to other carriers at some point. And I wonder how Verizon's service can be ranked so highly with such apparent disregard for their customers. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.