I talked to the Verizon people and they talked to the Motorola people.  The conclusion so far is that after the update to Jelly Bean, this widget we all were using did not make its way into the c... Ver más...
I talked to the Verizon people and they talked to the Motorola people.  The conclusion so far is that after the update to Jelly Bean, this widget we all were using did not make its way into the compatibility of the new OS.  This could mean one of three things: 1) This is an unforeseen problem that will be addressed with another update; 2) There is a replacement for this widget in the works; 3) We're all outta luck and have to live without this widget. Now I found a semi-solution to this problem.  Go to the 'People' app and click on a contact.  Next click the 'Menu' touch pad button and there is an option called "Place on Home screen".  If you click that, the contact will show up as a 1x1 sized widget on the screen.  When you click on it, you'll get all the options you got from the Favorite Contacts Widget. I know it's not optimal, but it works well enough for me.
I spoke with tech support from Verizon and Motorola recently.  They told me that the widget may not be supported by jellybean.  They said that this may be an overlooked issue that could be correc... Ver más...
I spoke with tech support from Verizon and Motorola recently.  They told me that the widget may not be supported by jellybean.  They said that this may be an overlooked issue that could be corrected with another update, or there could be something to replace the old widget.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.
My phone updated to version 4.1.2 the other day.  Today I turned it off then on.  When it came back on, I noticed the pictures of some of my favorite contacts in the widget were missing.  I reali... Ver más...
My phone updated to version 4.1.2 the other day.  Today I turned it off then on.  When it came back on, I noticed the pictures of some of my favorite contacts in the widget were missing.  I realized the picture that were missing were for the people who I used their Facebook pictures before.  I've tried going into a contact's info and editing it, but I can't find a way to have it so their Facebook photos are also their contact photos in the widget. Note that it's only in this widget that the photos don't show up.  They still show up in text messages, phone book etc, just not the widget.