Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,110 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rt44667's Posts

hello, I had the same experience. The error I see that pops up momentarily as it is happening was "sim card removed for protection", before I see "no sim card" or "no sim card detected".   I re... See more...
hello, I had the same experience. The error I see that pops up momentarily as it is happening was "sim card removed for protection", before I see "no sim card" or "no sim card detected".   I replaced sim card twice, did all the tricks that I read (rebooting on safe mode and clearing data cache under "storage & USB",  "reset settings" under "backup & reset", removing 3rd party apps that I suspected could be the cause, removing extra virus protection apps (keeping only verizon's "security & privacy".  All these tricks allow my SIM card to be detected again but problem comes back a day or 2 later.  My last recourse was to do "factory data reset" but I am glad I didn't.   What solved my problem was simply allowing ALL of the built-in apps to "update".  I had been ignoring them because i don't use most of those apps... like google radio, google play books, google play games, etc.   So, after updating all those built-in apps, not only did this problem go away, my battery lasted much much longer.