Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,062 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Corytopanga's Posts

Right.  That's the issue.  Android system should be hovering around 3-5%.  It's keeping the phone awake on the Snapdragon chip version of the phone (US models).  The European version with Exynos ... See more...
Right.  That's the issue.  Android system should be hovering around 3-5%.  It's keeping the phone awake on the Snapdragon chip version of the phone (US models).  The European version with Exynos chip works fine and gets much stronger battery life.   The issue is that everyone I talk to from Verizon to Samsung says nobody has reported the issue, even though every single Samsung US phone upgraded to Marshmallow with the SD820 processor has this issue.  I still got decent battery life even with the android system issue, but it would be significantly better if my phone wasn't constantly staying awake. Someone from Verizon/Samsung/Google needs to acknowledge this problem and promise a fix.  It seems impossible to get to the software engineer people who actually fix these problems at the kernel level.  I agree with the previous poster... it's not worth buying this phone until the bug is fixed.
I've spent hours on the phone with both verizon and Samsung customer service, both who blame each other for the battery drain on these phones. There is an issue where android system and androi... See more...
I've spent hours on the phone with both verizon and Samsung customer service, both who blame each other for the battery drain on these phones. There is an issue where android system and android os dominate battery usage. Go and look for yourself. These items take up 30%+ on all US versions of this phone. It should be under 10% for a normal user of any other phone. There is something wrong w the way the Snapdragon processor communicates with this version of Marshmallow. I know it's the processor because the European version of the phone, which runs a exynos, shows normal android system and os usage. Verizon,  please acknowledge the issue instead of acting like it's the first time you're hearing it. There's a long thread on xda about the battery drain as a result of the high system usage. Literally pick up ANY U.S. S7 or S7e, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Marshmallow never should've been pushed to Samsung devices (btw, Galaxy Note 5 users, who just got the M update, are experiencing the exact same issue due to snapdragon.) Can a verizon rep respond and confirm you know this is a major issue that is being addressed?