Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,264 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

ljepson74's Posts

I am looking into buying a new phone which I can use abroad (Europe) with local carriers. I would like to stay with Verizon as my US carrier. I am looking for a clear answer (ideally from Ver... See more...
I am looking into buying a new phone which I can use abroad (Europe) with local carriers. I would like to stay with Verizon as my US carrier. I am looking for a clear answer (ideally from Verizon) to the following. 1) What steps must be taken to use one of "Verizon's" cdma/gsm phones abroad on a gsm network with a different carrier? 2) Which Verizon phones may I simply add a 3rd party sim card into (when not in the US) and use for all the same services I have here - specifically voice/text/data? I have read reports of Verizon customers having difficulty using their cdma/gsm phones abroad - and sometimes being restricted to voice/text (no data). I've read a bit about APN data.  But rather than relying on 3rd party sites.  Where can I get answers to these questions from Verizon?  (In lieu of that, answers from this community are certainly welcome.) I feel I am not getting clear information from customer support. Perhaps this information exists somewhere, but I cannot find it. Any help would be great.  Thanks. (Specifically, I am thinking of the GalaxyS4 and maybe MotoX phones. But these questions above are general.  Finding something written on Verizon's site will give me more assurance when/if I purchase a phone from them, than slightly varying reports from their customer support chat-team.)