I am on my fourth claim with this insurance... FOURTH! And still have not received a functioning phone. The first phone sent had faulty software issues.  The second phone sent, they changed th... Ver más...
I am on my fourth claim with this insurance... FOURTH! And still have not received a functioning phone. The first phone sent had faulty software issues.  The second phone sent, they changed the name on the delivery when asked to send to the same address, therefore my workplace would not accept it and returned to sender (upon Asurion's request) without contacting me.  The third phone was promised on a Saturday, so I sent to my home... SURPRISE! It will be there Monday so no one can sign for it.  Fourth phone is being shipped tomorrow - over a week to get a new phone for $170?  Not worth the price, since Asurion can't seem to actually get a phone to me. Is there any other options for insurance on an iPhone 4S?  I can't keep paying a company for services they are incapable of providing.